It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Press Rents Tel Aviv Rooftops to Cover Iran War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Another big sign that war is coming for real.

Foreign Press Rents Tel Aviv Rooftops to Cover Iran War

That’s what the foreign press corps appears to be doing now in Tel Aviv in preparation for an attack on Iran. They’re renting the right to put film crews and reporters on the city’s rooftops (Hebrew) during the upcoming war in order to cover the anticipated Iranian counterattack. That way they can get great photo ops and pictures of missiles wreaking havoc on the city. What a story! What a feast for the eyes! Other news organizations like CBS, Fox News, and NBC are sending their senior producers to Israel to scope out the place in case they have to send in the big boys–the news anchors and senior correspondents (especially since no one can report from Teheran!).

We can’t wait! I don’t know why I should have to point out that this is irony. But there are some right-wingers who have neither a sense of irony nor humor. So it’s for them I guess.

The original source in hebrew : Globes

So the MSM is preparing to catapult the propaganda yet again on how ``poor little Israel is suffering and we must have a draft to help them or another holocaust will happen`` or some BS like that uh???
edit on 8-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You took what could have been a great thread and decided to interject with your "nothing but poor Israel propaganda coming our way". You, yourself quote:

"nobody can film from Tehran".

The propaganda spewed will have nothing to do with their location since they have NO choice. Iran isn't exactly a very welcoming country for media not controlled by their own government now are they??

No matter whether you want to support Iran and bash Israel, there is no reason to twist FACTS: that no filming or reporting can be done from Iran, hence why they are planning to do it from Israel!

Why is it that people can't defend Iran's sovereignty without creating falsehoods? The truth is that Iran does not permit freedom of speech, does not permit freedom of the press, and controls all media outlets through government crackdown.

Does this mean they should be attacked? No.
Does this have anything to do with reaching a conclusion as to their intentions with nuclear advancements? No.

But let's not suddenly paint a false picture of journalists flocking to Israel simply declaring allegiance to Israel when the truth is that the "story" will occur in two places: Israel and Iran. And since crews can only travel to one of the two locations....

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

The propaganda spewed will have nothing to do with their location since they have NO choice.

Yes they have a choice. They could NOT BE THERE... When missiles rain down on Israel, they'll say how they ``didn't expect this``... ``they are attacking us because they are anti-semites`` or some BS like that... they'll never say in a million years that Israel is attacked because it bombed Iran first.

They also make it look like it's just a show... nothing else. They are passing war, something which is horrible, as ENTERTAINMENT.

The MSM are sickos and you bet while they film missiles going into Israel, they will cry and say ``America got to help Israel or millions will die! You got to support a draft!!``...

Just you watch.

Israel can do whatever they want, they are a sovereign nation... but for US MSM to go there to catapult the propaganda to push for America to enter the war, no thank you.

What the MSM is doing is like if they put a camera on a street corner waiting for a murder to happen...which they planned themselves to happen at a precise date right in front of the camera. It's sick.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Don't blame the media...blame the public! Here's a fact nobody wants to acknowledge:

Media operates on ratings which generate cash.
No ratings, no cash.

If nobody watched their coverage of wars, death, uprisings, etc., they wouldn't cover them! Media goes where the money is and covers what the public will watch.

Further, many will argue that they want the "real" story, don't want it censored, don't want it interjected with propaganda, etc. Yet they want footage to judge for themselves. How does one get footage without coverage?

I personally find it disturbing that more people will watch horrific events unfold than a happy news story, but such is the majority mindset right now.

Want the media to change? Than change what motivates people to tune in. Until then, we watch and they reap the profits.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Media operates on ratings which generate cash.
No ratings, no cash.

That's false. What generates ratings it's the way the information is passed, not the information itself.

Using an example that has nothing to do with this, Formula-1 is a better sport overall, but NASCAR has much more fans, although some consider it boring. But in fact, it isn't boring, because although it's some cars going in circles, they make it entertaining.

So, your argument has no grounds really, since even the most vague news piece can be made spectacular and get ratings. Actually, that's exactly one of the reasons MSM in the U.S. is filled with crap. People watch it as long as it's entertaining.

Further, many will argue that they want the "real" story, don't want it censored, don't want it interjected with propaganda, etc. Yet they want footage to judge for themselves. How does one get footage without coverage?

That's beside the point. The point that Vit is making is around the way information is portrayed and how it is twisted out, not how they actually get it.

The matter of fact is that you will only see missiles falling, not being launched, even if Israel does launch theirs. That will make the public much more sympathetic with Israel than with Iran (I doubt that's possible, since Iran is the today's demon).

I personally find it disturbing that more people will watch horrific events unfold than a happy news story, but such is the majority mindset right now.

Very good point, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Want the media to change? Than change what motivates people to tune in. Until then, we watch and they reap the profits.

Yes, you are right, and I actually always say that myself. If people want change, change has to come within and spread like a positive virus, and not just crossing fingers and wishing.

but, it's a complex situation. People are getting dumber, more ignorant and brainwashed more easily. It's hard to get out of the hole when most people don't even realize they are in an actual hole.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well then, they want to rent rooftops, because they think there will be good photo ops?
Alright. I won't feel sorry when they get attacked or blown to smithereens.
We don't need the "scoop" and we don't need to be there!

This completely telling of our media today.
Just like all the coverage before, it's to get the people's emotions stirred up.
Either way they want their viewers swayed, good or bad.

Which is why instead of feeding the networks, and paying for this propaganda...
I refuse to watch these media outlets program the conformists.
That's exactly what they do, they specialize in emotional programming.

Instead of sitting back, and doing nothing, I acted.
So, I shut off my cable.

Trust me, these networks know people are addicted to television.
They wouldn't have these rooftops rented if they didn't know there was money involved.
The major networks know people subscribe to drama, and love every minute.

I am not one of those people.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Oh dont worry ,,"a draft",, by the time this one starts gonna be way too late for a draft,,
lol,,
This is the one that this entire Generation has been waiting for ,,no matter what Country you may reside in ,
it seems that this War is everyone's worst nightmare.

Draft,,,? maybe the draft of the Air Molecules, being sucked inward at the speed of Light,
as the Core implodes, perfectly, creating Energy, too transfer
, the Static Energy of a Molecule of Plutonium,
into Connetic Energy, boom.

Or something like that.

well at least thats what my generation grew up with.

ohh journalists,, dont forget your welders glasses.
boyscouts 101
Me.
edit on 8-2-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The narrative for this war needs to be carefully planned, it is clear how in recent days, the narrative is beginning to show Iran as the main aggressor here, with people thinking Iran will be the ones launching the attack. Notice the amount of 12th Imam posts recently. So now it's a question of attacking Iran before they attack Israel. Not how Iran will respond to an Israeli strike.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Supreme Leader of Iran,,already gave the go ahead,,
just nobody realizes it yet,,

The ,,West's,,, understanding of the iranian supreme spiritual leaders,,statement ,

,and i paraphrase,,
"hey world !,,
we just put an open bounty,
on the heads of all the Infadels,,
It dont matter,,we ,,Iran will back you,,
see Muslums,,,
where is Kaddafi,, now??
gone,,
was it Kaddafi, who brought you too the borders of Israel?
no it is Iran and the supreme leader,,etc,,,, fill the rest with patriotic stuff,,

And where is amadinerjahd,,the president who wants too be king?

seems the supreme comander has thought that one through as well..,,
dont underestimate, the chess moves,,

But as,, Boris Spasky @,,once said,, " CHECKMATE "

Me.

She ain't over till someone falls outa bed.

LOL

Me.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The narrative for this war needs to be carefully planned, it is clear how in recent days, the narrative is beginning to show Iran as the main aggressor here, with people thinking Iran will be the ones launching the attack. Notice the amount of 12th Imam posts recently. So now it's a question of attacking Iran before they attack Israel. Not how Iran will respond to an Israeli strike.

True.

But not only that, but the careful planning you mention, could also mean that even if Israel strikes first, only the response by Iran will be "taped", which can be put out of context and fit right into Israel and U.S. objectives.
edit on 8/2/12 by Tifozi because: wrong bold

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Well that wouldn't surprise me, nothing much does these days.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If they bring back the draft, I am seriously considering sawing my foot off.

Make no mistake about it, if I am drafted, I will refuse to fight in a war that has nothing to do with actually defending this country and everything to do with making money for warmongers, and I encourage every young American to do the same.

I've had enough of my generation's blood being spilled for our parents' wars.

new topics

top topics

join