It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The River (ABC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Did anyone watch the premiere of The River last night? It seemed like a pretty interesting concept and held me for the 2 hours. I dig the sci/fi horror angle of he show. A touch of Lost, a splash of The Exorcist. Hopefully the next 6 episodes are as good and they answer more questions than not...

I have to admit, when the cameraman was filming the spirit tree I expected what happened, but it still creeped me out.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yes, I watched it - I thought it was
pretty good. The Spirit tree was a take
off from a story on one of the
ghost shows, can't remember which
one. Think I will watch the other
episodes.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I watched it.
It was ok, but I don't care much for the way they filmed it. The whole reality show thing, where they are always looking at the camera.
I think the spirit tree comes from an episode of Destination Truth. Decent episode BTW.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Destination Truth - thanks it was driving me
crazy trying to remember the name of
the show. I remember getting chills
the first time I saw the dolls eyes open.
It was a good episode.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tonedef

I actually really enjoyed it... to be honest, I really didn't want to. That was mostly because of the Paranormal Activity connection.... but despite this, I really did dig the show. I just question whether or not they can drag this out without killing what made it intriguing in the first place.

Whenever there is a show I really enjoy, and then I see the actor(s) elsewhere, I tend to still strongly associate them with their previous role(s). So about halfway through I was wondering why Harry Dresden, and Terry Bauer had to go save a Starfleet Admiral in the first place.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Watched it and liked it.
I would prefer a steady camera,but other than that i think it's pretty decent and i will definetely watch it.

So about halfway through I was wondering why Harry Dresden, and Terry Bauer had to go save a Starfleet Admiral in the first place.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I really enjoyed it!

I will be watching the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I thought the first hour was okay but at about 20 mins into the second I was over it and changed it over to NatGeo for Doomsday Preppers. It just seemed that they played all their cards in the first hour and I don't see how they can drag it out long enough for 6 more shows.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alena Michelle
I thought the first hour was okay but at about 20 mins into the second I was over it and changed it over to NatGeo for Doomsday Preppers. It just seemed that they played all their cards in the first hour and I don't see how they can drag it out long enough for 6 more shows.

For me it was all the way around.I found the first part a little boring and the second creepy and more interesting.
Besides apart from the main storyline,i believe that in every episode the team will face different types of paranormal creatures,so that alone makes it interesting for me.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Love the new show

Warning spoiler !!

there is a posession like in exorcist
there is ghosts
there is a weird tree with living dolls in it
there is a black shadow monster flying and killing people ( similar to lost)
there is weird insects flying everywhere

great horror science fiction show so far
many say it look like LOST .. but it will be better

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I meant to watch it and I forgot! I even had it written down on my calender. I can't find it on the internet to watch anywhere. Oh, it's there but not for anyone outside of the United States. I'm in Canada. anyone know where the first show could be so I can watch it? I'm kicking myself for forgetting.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Anyone watch last night?

I thought it was pretty good.

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I did.It was good,but there is one thing i want off the show.
The "i see dead people" girl.She's soooooooooooooo annoying,know it all and looks terryfied all the time,even when there's no apparent reason for her to be.
Apart from the fact that she answered every question with the name of the tribe,it was a rather good episode.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

In regards to the girl, I'm more annoyed with the fact that she understands English fluently, yet refuses to speak it. I understand staying true to her culture in her own country, but in a life and death situation, you should probably speak so that everyone understands.

Besides why is she speaking Spanish? Aren't they somewhere in Brazil?

This episode got me liking Clark a little more.... I thought he was an intolerable jackass, but turns out, he's not such a bad guy.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I'm more annoyed with the fact that she understands English fluently, yet refuses to speak it.

I guess they thought that adds more to the mystery of the show

This episode got me liking Clark a little more.... I thought he was an intolerable jackass, but turns out, he's not such a bad guy.

Same here.I liked that he tried to sacrifice himself to save the woman he loves(ok and the rest of the crew).

I think that Kurt is a very interesting character and he will play a major part in the show.Although he is the "bad guy" i like him.Did you notice in the first episode that he talked about finding the "Source"?I think he knows what Emmet was looking for and it's not just a last expedition or anything black magic or spiritual related.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Yeah I did catch him talking on the phone, sounds like he has orders to kill Emmet if he has found the "source." Which makes me suspect that this is all some corporate reality warping experiment gone wrong, and not truly paranormal happenings..... but, just the same, there are still eyeless, judgmental tribals wandering around.

I really enjoy it, but I think the believability will be less than paper thin by the last episode.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Which makes me suspect that this is all some corporate reality warping experiment gone wrong, and not truly paranormal happenings

Maybe it's a little bit of both.Because whatever experiment went wrong,propably got mixed with the mysteries of the Amazon.

I really enjoy it, but I think the believability will be less than paper thin by the last episode.

Let's hope that they are smarter than that

top topics

join