It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what UK think about ARGENTINA, and then they call us colonialists??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
They made a coffe cup that is sold in the Malvinas (Falklands) showing that the portion of territoty where Argentina is in the continent, with a blank in it instead showing the # Sea, or Mar de la Mierda.

Well may be that is what the entire population think of Argentinians, and that shows how a retarded mind works

imagine CHINA calling the UK a blank sea and naming it 粪便?(which of course is # in chinese)
Would UK people like it? of course not

The link is below
www.clarin.com...

you can see it for yourself

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

The Brits are the last people to cry "colonialism".

It simply does not get more retarded than that.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

What would anyone think about this if they do that with your own country?

is this politically correct? doesn`t seem very convincing when you try to show to the general public that they don`t have any problem with Argentina and by the way you send nuclear submarines, and the HMS dauntless just to see the landscape?

very far from peaceful recipes.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

yeah sure of that but they actually called Argentina colonialists!!!
can you believe that?
The world is upside down for them....
It`s unbelievable

link   
A COMPANY made a coffee cup. The whole of the UK didn't make this cup, and therefore we are not ALL responsible for a poor design OR the comments made by Parliament. Everyone knows Parliament speaks with a voice that the rest of the country doesn't agree with. Don't tar us all with the same brush.

link   

Don't you thing it's a bit much to tar every man, woman and child in the UK with your they hate Argentina brush? It's only a mug after all?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Argentina has never controlled or held sovereignty over the Falklands - the first settlers there were Europeans and the British there 120 years before Argentina even existed.

Their sole claim is based on proximity - but on that basis the Channel Islands should be French and Alaska be part of Canada. It has no basis in precedent or history - and if self determination of a people means anything they should stay British.

using Argentine logic I'm going to annex the flat below my own. I have, after all, been here a lot longer than the present inhabitants, plus I popped in there for a quick look when I was originally buying this flat, so I did land there first. I think that's plenty of justification, even more so than Argentina has.

Perhaps Britain should claim Argentina, it's on the same continental shelf as one of its overseas provinces.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

May be you are right, i don`t hate uk people, i just want to win every football match against them that`s all

may be they also want to be friends with us Argies, but the politics that represents you doesn`t think exactly that way.
We even have war friends between our countries, people that reunited after the war and share thoughts and became friends after the incident, but this cup of coffe doesn`t help too much does it?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bluloa

If they were exterminated how can you say there were no mayans or aztec community.
leave no witnesses, leave no prissoners...
We had people living there since the earlis 1820, based on an interchange with the spanishs that lends us their boats, but after the independance was declared in Argentina in 1816, they became part of our country.
But your history books don`t tell that, do they?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The amount of idiots posting on this forum seems to have increased over the past year. I'm not sure whether you're just rubbish at wording things or you seriously think because a couple of people made a design on a cup it reflects what 65 million other people think.

I don't know anyone who actually has a problem with Argentina. The islands have never belonged to them, the people of the island want to be part of Britain. But we're painted as the bad guys for simply defending them.

Invading the falklands would be like invading any other part of British territory. You think if a country decided it wanted the Isle of White we'd just let them invade and keep it? No. And the same goes for the falklands.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
ooh where can i order one of those mugs? will go nicely with my commemorative plate about winning the little rumble we had there 30 years ago

link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath

May be you are right, i don`t hate uk people, i just want to win every football match against them that`s all

may be they also want to be friends with us Argies, but the politics that represents you doesn`t think exactly that way.
We even have war friends between our countries, people that reunited after the war and share thoughts and became friends after the incident, but this cup of coffe doesn`t help too much does it?

Hey, >I< want you guys to win your football matches against us! God knows our team are mostly not even British anyway.
This coffee cup doesn't mean anything in terms of feelings towards a country, for all you know, it might have been a design mistake. I sure don't think anything bad about you 'Argies' as you put it lol
And don't forget, politics is all about who can shout the loudest. It's just a shame that those who shout the loudest often say the stupidest things XD

link   
I am not going to get into the whole pissing contest about the Falklands again. However, i will say that Argentina was referred to as acting colonially because of the way they were acting to the islanders. The right to self determination is the foremost principle of the UN. The Islanders have determined they wish to remain as part of the UK. Therefore any further point is totally null and void and a total waste of breath from either party.

If and when the Islanders decide they wish to change, that will be the time to open dialogue.

And, i have to say, some idiot somewhere is showing a mug with Argentina removed from the map - so what? What about the idiots wearing masks smashing up British banks last week? Does that make them indicative of all Argentines? Of course not.

I am not really sure what you are trying to say with this to be honest.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Yeah may be you are right, i`m making things too big.
imagine an Argentinian selling this cups but with UK erased in the Olympic games in 2012?
Would you like it?

Sure not.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I know, but by the way did you look at the video?
That`s not a design issue, i tell you it`s on purpose; i am an industrial designer with a bachelor degree of course, and that is not an error, it`s done on purpose unfortunately.

yeah we also have our players all around the world and building up a tema with Messi, Tevez and Kun Aguero is always a difficult thing to accomplish, although they play very well in all the other leagues but, it is what it is...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

The thing is that if you were invaded in your home and run out of it, the ones that are settling there would deffend their possition even if they are doing something not legal, and may be even you being the victim, would seem for other people that you are the attacker, because they didn`t know you were living there before.
It is quite simple, but politics made it complicated enough

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

That`s the tipycal retarded thought
God help you.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I beleive it's a very British attempt at humour; Argentina wants to remove the falklands from the map (and replace it with the Malvinas), but the UK got there first and removed Argentina instead.

I guess you either have to be British, or have a sense of humour.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well I can't see the Argentinians ever being accused of having a sense of humour, that's for sure! Although the mug does look a little odd given that most of Paraguay and Uruguay are also missing
I guess the equvivalent would be the Scots selling a mug showing the British Isles without England

Anyway, would you be happy for the Falkland Islanders to name a football trophy after someone who brutally murdered several Argentinian civilians?

It's not the Islanders who are being agressive and provocative in the face of a large colonial power wanting to invade their little country

Why can't Argentina just accept that this is the 21st, not the 19th, century and all people have the right to self determination? And instead of acting like a schoolyard bully, embrace the fact that your proximity to the Falklands could be quite financially rewarding.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueInstinct

You are absolutely wrong, but your history books tell`s you that you are right.
May be you also think the human race is dated to 2000 years old.
May be you still go to church to believe the written book, and wish to be forgiven for your sins.

Well that`s not the real world my friend and you thinking i`m an idiot shows the level of your culture and the lack of understanding you have with other people, of course in that way you will always be right.
Stay that way immovable, like all the things that get rotten and obsolete.

You are doing the right thing, keep it that way, for you the earth is still in the center of the universe

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join