It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum, Christians and the outcry over Contraception Mandate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
When the US government (Obama) tells Christians that they NEED to use Birth Control, which is essentially what the mandate does, under Obamacare. There is disbelief and cries of constitutional rape inside our religious community. The Christians (I'm not going to call them evangelicals--Since when did that insulting undertone become ok?) have been looking for a religious conservative ever since the beginning of the race and it looks like Rick Santorum is that man! In the eyes of the far right Newt Gingrich is just too much of a corrupt flip flopper and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named does not support Israel or our military interests (to them), Romney is a Mormon.

Rick Santorum loves loves his family and has great social conservative values. The Christians wanted a person to identify with them and represent them in the election and perhaps the White House. I don't see RIck winning the nomination. He needs to get Millions of dollars in donations for him to overturn Romney's strong lead. However, I do feel that record numbers of Christians came out to vote for him and it might have been in response to the outcry over the contraception mandate approved by Mr. Obama. Even Bush wasn't that bad!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I like the idea of "winning a campaign/presidency by having invested the most money!"..

It's not the best candidate, nooo, it's the best funded one. Are you sure that you live in a free country?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

neither the U.S. gov't nor Obama told ANY christian that they have to USE birth control. The change stems from the fact that NON-christians work for these St. Whoever of Whatever hospitals and the "church" is not allowed to pick and choose which medical benefits they cover and which they don't. when you open your doors to the public, you have to play by the public's rules. end of story. nobody HAS to take BC.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
When the US government (Obama) tells Christians that they NEED to use Birth Control, which is essentially what the mandate does, under Obamacare.

Can you provide a source that Christians need to USE birth control under ObamaCare? Otherwise, this is just a lie.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I'm a sane rational person who believes in less government, social freedoms and fiscal conservative.
Where's the candidate who will represent me?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

If its a religious funded, invested, or affiliated institution business or private school, then YES the church has a right to enact whatever laws they see fit. If the non christians are not aware of this fact before they get hired there than they are idiots. If they are than they shouldn't be working there if it offends them so much.

Obamacare is a disaster of a medical health care system anyway, as this law DOES affect Christians the most because they are the ones that do not want to use these contraceptives or are the ones not sleeping around and having tons of children! It's a Christian attack on their population, religious beliefs, and constitutional freedom!

You can't pick and choose and favor non-religious types all the time too!
edit on 8-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

When the US government (Obama) tells Christians that they NEED to use Birth Control, which is essentially what the mandate does, under Obamacare.

Telling Catholic organizations that employ non-Catholics that they have to offer insurance plans that include birth control is not Obama telling anyone that they NEED to USE birth control. He is just telling them that they NEED to OFFER insurance that covers it...or in other words, he is telling them that they can't push their own beliefs onto others.

And for the record...I don't believe most Christians are against birth control...just the leaders in the Catholic church.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

When the US government (Obama) tells Christians that they NEED to use Birth Control, which is essentially what the mandate does, under Obamacare. There is disbelief and cries of constitutional rape inside our religious community. The Christians (I'm not going to call them evangelicals--Since when did that insulting undertone become ok?) have been looking for a religious conservative ever since the beginning of the race and it looks like Rick Santorum is that man! In the eyes of the far right Newt Gingrich is just too much of a corrupt flip flopper and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named does not support Israel or our military interests (to them), Romney is a Mormon.

Rick Santorum loves loves his family and has great social conservative values. The Christians wanted a person to identify with them and represent them in the election and perhaps the White House. I don't see RIck winning the nomination. He needs to get Millions of dollars in donations for him to overturn Romney's strong lead. However, I do feel that record numbers of Christians came out to vote for him and it might have been in response to the outcry over the contraception mandate approved by Mr. Obama. Even Bush wasn't that bad!

Geez, Louise! Mr. Pro-Life Santorum voted to fund abortion and Planned Parenthood. I wish The People would get responsible and research candidates prior to voting.

"...GOP presidential hopeful Rick Santorum is under fire in South Carolina for touting his alleged pro-life beliefs but voting to subsidize abortion and Planned Parenthood, the largest provider of abortions in America, while serving in the U.S. Senate. He has also backed pro-abortion candidates and voted for legislation that is being used to federally prosecute peaceful pro-life protesters who demonstrate outside of abortion clinics. Critics are outraged..."
thenewamerican.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Soooo, you want to take women's freedom to decide for or against pregnancy - regardless of possible dangers (some women are prone to miscarriages and can get hurt seriously by them), regardless of rape or runaway father or whatever her motivation is?

You want to take that freedom away?

Who made you the decisionmaker over that womans body?
edit on 9-2-2012 by ManFromEurope because: grammar, my old enemy! we meet again!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by RicoMarston

If its a religious funded, invested, or affiliated institution business or private school, then YES the church has a right to enact whatever laws they see fit. If the non christians are not aware of this fact before they get hired there than they are idiots. If they are than they shouldn't be working there if it offends them so much.

Obamacare is a disaster of a medical health care system anyway, as this law DOES affect Christians the most because they are the ones that do not want to use these contraceptives or are the ones not sleeping around and having tons of children! It's a Christian attack on their population, religious beliefs, and constitutional freedom!

You can't pick and choose and favor non-religious types all the time too!
edit on 8-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

so if i started a company and called it a "poop-eater-ian" company, i would have to right to force all of my employees to eat poop? if i claimed it was for our religion?

i would LOVE to see your reaction to a Muslim hospital telling all of its female employees they had to wear veils. no wait, scratch that, i'd just love to see your reaction to a Muslim hospital, period. your little christian head would probably explode.

if you want to live in our society, play by our rules. not the rules that zeus wrote down in the lord of the rings and gave to the wood fairies to deliver unto mankind. birth control has existed within the societal norms for a long time now, CATCH UP.

top topics

join