It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, and Barack Obama~A few questions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
OK, so this is my first thread and what I aim to do is pretty simple. I am a strong Ron Paul supporter. I'll say that right off the bat. I do not generally affiliate myself with any one political party. I am strictly for the people, the best interest of the people, and nothing more. If the candidate for any office suits the people best, you can be sure that I'll pay much more attention to them because of that. When I say "people," I am speaking about the people's liberties and those who follow what the people want instead of typical agendas. I am also in major alignment with a non-interventionist foreign policy. But that is just a bit of background. That is not what the thread is aimed towards.

I simply want to gain some opinions and understand my fellow ATSers a bit on a few questions.

1. If you are a Ron Paul supporter, what will you do if he does not run as a third party candidate or if he does, does not make the ballot for whatever reason?

2. (a rephrasing of the first) If it does indeed come down to say Mitt Romney versus Obama, which is a definite possibility, what will you do? (The reason I am curious is that I have seen many people across the web saying they either will not vote or will vote for Obama regardless of their political affiliation in that case. I would definitely like some opinions about other people's experiences with people saying the same or different things about that topic.)

3. What are your predictions about who will take the office in any case?

All facts, opinions, political views, and candidate choices are very welcome! But lets try not to fight!

I am not 100% sure what I'll be doing if Ron Paul does not get on that ballot one way or another. I thought of something a bit ago though. If you think about it, and you are not a Mitt or Newt fan, if Obama takes the seat again we are guaranteed only 4 more years of his BS. We know where he stands, we can expect it. If Mitt were to take it, we might possibly have to endure an Obama clone for 8 more years. If the media and those with agendas more "important" than our own want that, you can almost be sure that it will be the case. I don't believe there is a "lesser" evil in this case lol, just a faster possibility to free the seat up for someone better in the future.

Please don't take my bias against your possible candidate choice to heart, I want the thread to be about everyone's views. These are just my opinions. What are yours?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think it would be a disaster if anyone but Ron Paul got the GOP nod, but a Paul ticket doesn't look likely. Regardless who gets it, I'm voting for Obama (as far as I know at this time).

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
First, I would never vote for a known criminal. Obama is a known criminal. I think it is clear he cares nothing for the rights of people ANYWHERE in the world. The list of crimes this man has overseen while in office is far to lengthy to address here, but anyone that is not aware of them is not worth the time it would take to educate them.
Romney is at the very least a man without ethics. I understand how Leveraged Buyouts work, and it should be outlawed. Unethical people like him destroy companies, it is as simple as that. A vote for him is a vote for economic slavery, class warfare, and ultimately poverty for the masses.
Gingrich is an opportunist that will say anything to get elected. He has no moral compass, and no desire to serve the people. He serves his corporate masters whom put Israel first. Much like the preceding two candidates, he cares nothing for the common man.
Santorum has said nothing that distinguishes him from the others mentioned, and in fact, has pretty much parroted the status quo. Santorum may actually be the worst of the bunch, if that is even possible.

We, as thinking people, actually demonstrate that we are NOT thinking people voting for the above UNLESS we are investing big sums of money into the campaigns of one of them and expect a return on our investment. They will continue the oppressive policies of their predecessors on innocent people everywhere, all for profit.

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate in this field that has any honor, or honesty, at all. I will vote for him regardless of his so called "electability" or chances. That is how representative government works, you vote for the person that represents you, not the lesser of two evils. That stupid lie will get you nowhere. If he is not on the ballot, I write him in. If that is not possible, I will not take part in a sham, it would be a crime that I could not tolerate.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
First..to answer all questions with one reply...Ron Paul is the only one that can turn the out of control country(Gov.) around with participation of Congress....However, Congress is bought and paid for. Second, I would vote for anyone but NoBama....Third, this country will be in a third world war and economic collapse. If you do not believe this than answer these questions.

1. Have food prices go up out of control.
2. Has gasoline prices double in the last 3 yrs.
3. Is crime out of control
4. Do you think congress is corrupt.
5. Do you think Wall-Street is corrupt.
6. Do you think the Federal Reserve is corrupt..
7. Do you think Defense Contractor are raping America.
8. Do you think the middle class is dying.
9. Do think welfare is breeding criminals.
10.Do you think most Americans choose not to vote thinking it does not matter
11. Do you think your taxes will ever start a decline..

Well, you answers shall give you a clue as to the future..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ron Paul is not going to get the nomination. I just can't see it happening. Ron Paul going 3rd party will guarantee an Obama win. The reason I say that is because of my stance with not only this election but many in the past that I have gone to the polls for. Can't really remember the last time I voted FOR somebody as I have voted AGAINST somebody. Showing up to the polls this November will be to vote against Obama. If Ron Paul goes third party I think there will be many people who take the mindset that they will vote Paul so as not to have to vote for either of the two parties on the ballot. Those voters will take away the votes against Obama giving him the victory for sure. There is not enough voters in this country who will rally together to vote against the establishment to ensure kicking the establishment out of the white house.

To address your thought on Obama winning will mean only four more years of knowing who and how he is versus not knowing for sure how or who Romney or Gingrich or Santorum might be for possibly eight years.
We've seen how Obama is for the last 4 years for the most part. If he gets four more years than that is it. He won't have to run for reelection again. So he won't have to hold back on trying to get his agenda thru in his last four years. The idea in my view is to stop Obama from doing that. Getting somebody else in the white house this year will mean in four years they will have to rerun again. That idea should slow them down in any policies that hurts this country anymore than it has already been done.
At least in theory anyway. Honestly as screw ball as things have been these last few years your guess is a good as mine!!

My prediction is Romney gets the nomination and Obama wins four more years. Would love to be wrong on both counts. A lot of things can happen between now and November though. We do live in interesting times.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

My exact reasons for the thread, Ron is doing well but i think that there is too much stacked against him. I will certainly continue to support him but all the support in the world can't get him elected if he is not on the ballot. Thank you for the reply!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

I would agree on every point. But if Romney were to win, do you honestly believe that we cannot expect him to be a known criminal in the same light?

I will write him in if possible as well. I think that will happen en masse if he doesn't run third party. Ron has finished second in a national poll. He is still doing good, I'm not denouncing my support in the least. Thanks for the input!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by booky

I just feel that voting for any candidate but Ron Paul is going to lead us down the same road. SurrealisticPillow made a good point about writing him in the ballot if at all possible.

I do believe you but I will still answer your questions:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. I think that government crime is more of a problem, I fear police crime and organized government crime much more than a measly burglar these days.
4. ABSOLUTELY
5. YES
6. Always has been
7. Yep
8. Yes
9. I haven't studied this topic.
10. I think it is becoming more and more common each time we have horrible choices for our offices. (I.E. mostly every time)
11. Not with the current status quo.

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KISSAEA123

I am seeing it slip away as well. He is still doing well, but even though I am a hardcore Ron Paul supporter I'm starting to see the lay of the corporate agenda's strength.

I think a Romney administration will be just as terrible though, that's the problem. Why vote Obama out and replace him with another terrible person if its just going to be the same. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT for Obama in the least. Your point about Obama just letting loose is extremely valid. It would be better to have the other criminal in office in that case.

I agree. I hope that isn't the case but it is seeming more that way daily. We will see in good time. Thanks for the input!

new topics

top topics

join