It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Woolly mammoth' caught on camera in Siberia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
clearly.....it is a bear with a great big fish....bad photography...but, it's a bear.....geez....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I think the film was way too blurry, and the scene far too short to be believable. The guy should have kept filming if this was a woolly mammoth, until the thing disappeared into the woods.

The aliens scooped it up and destroyed that part of the tape, fairies helped.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by solids0be
WOW mindblowing!!!
That is definatly a Mammoth!

Yeah, a Mammoth Pile O S

Bear maybe, mammoth, not in 12 million years

edit on 9-2-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

That's a big bear, looks more like an elephant.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

You do know that mammoths were confirmed living back only 3500 years ago right?? There have been multiple instances of animals supposedly extinct popping up around the world. Dont be so obtuse, if thats a bear its freaking huge!! Im still convienced its a Mammoth or at least a pachyderm of some sort.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I agree with an earlier poster.Look at the water near the animal.I don't see any kind of wake or splashing around the animal.The water doesn't seem to be affected by the animal at all.I'm not sure if it is an illusion of some kind but it seems weird.When I looked again I saw a bear, but when you look at it closely that seems to be one gigantic bear.It seems almost to short and stocky in length to be a bear.Something's not quite right about it.If I were to guess I'd say CGI of some sort.Why is it so blurry as well?This is another reason I lean towards CGI.It shouldn't be blurry.Why is every film of anything that is supposed to unbelievable always blurry.
There is a lot to doubt with this video, the bluriness, the water,the shape, the movement, but enough to make you go hmmm? Interesting.
Maybe one day someone will finally catch something on film that finally makes us all go, YES! someone actually got it in focus, someone actually got close, someone actually filmed points of reference.Then I'm sure we'll all say it's fake, it's to perfect! Oh the irony.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
why would an elephant have its trunk (nose) in the water?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If it's a bear do you realize how large of a bear that must be? Imagine if an average sized human walked from the camera man's spot to the spot it's at crossing the river. Think about it and watch the video again with this in mind. That thing is massive no matter what it is.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
why would an elephant have its trunk (nose) in the water?

Why wouldn't it? maybe it was drinking, using it as balance. theres no way to tell.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
Looks like a bear with a fish in it's mouth to me! Still cool, you think he would have gotten a lil closer if he was really filming a woolly mammoth!!

Honestly that's the first thing I was gonna say. Bear with fish.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Doesn't look like a bear to me. Looks bigger somehow.

I think that with all of the software available, they can enhance and get a definitive answer.

IF Michael Chrichton was alive, he'd probably write a book called "Siberia" about a group of high flying high risk mineral explorers that bump into a crowd of violent Woolly Mammoths. But he's not.

link   
Doesn't look like a bear to me. Looks bigger somehow.

I think that with all of the software available, they can enhance and get a definitive answer. Maybe they can determine a lot from how it moves. I think a lot of information is in that video.

IF Michael Crichton was alive, he'd probably have written a book called "Siberia" about a group of daredevil mineral explorers that bump into a crowd of violent Woolly Mammoths. But he's not.

Maybe somebody else will. Maybe the aliens live in Siberia and use its expanse as a barrier.
edit on 9-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   
The video looks like it has been edited to make it look like a mammoth was crossing the river.

when it zooms in, you can see the fuzzy pixelation around the animal.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I agree if it's a bear it's massive and I can see why the film maker didn't get closer.But from my experience with bears and fishing if they are well fed and there are plenty of fish around you can get surprisingly close to them without any harm coming your way.If this is deep in Siberia I can only imagine how big some of those bears must be.They are the top of the food chain there so they can grow to incredible sizes.The more I watch it the more I focus on the so called trunk.It doesn't seem right.The colour in some frames seems to light, it also seems detached from the head and doesn't react as if it's under the mammoth's control.Regarding the poster who questioned why his "trunk" was in the water.I think that's irrelevant because its a known fact elephants bath in rivers all the time and use their trunk's to spray water on themselves, I've seen it countless times in many nature video's, so I don't think that's the main issue here but an interesting point.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I was looking for video's of bears fishing to try and draw a comparison and found this instead.Ok its silly but I thought it would lighten things up a bit.
edit on 9-2-2012 by mark1167 because: text

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Reminds me of this pic lol:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

lol, the john west advert! Its still shown now!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
The video looks like it has been edited to make it look like a mammoth was crossing the river.

Editing the riple of water kept around the animal to help blend it into the scene was a nice touch!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Its a great video but it looks like a woolly hoax to me..I say large bear with fish in its mouth crossing the river ..Bears do get very big..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Where are the tusks?

Second.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join