It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interfax: Iran Capable Of Striking Us Forces Anywhere In The World If Attacked By The Us- Iranian Am

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Typical jingoistic delusions trying to portray Iran as the aggressor. Being against the illegally authorized slaughter of Iranian innocents does not make us apologists.

Jingoistic delusions?

How come when someone in US makes a comment about not wanting Iran to have nukes it’s considered jingoistic behavior but when Iran makes threats saying it can attack the US anywhere in the world that is somehow acceptable? Don’t you think that, by funding Hamas to attack innocent Israeli civilians, Iran has demonstrated extreme nationalism and a belligerent foreign policy?

Selective moral outrage?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If we go to war with Iran , expect a few thousand civilian casualties in the states. I wouldnt even doubt a dirty bomb to go off.

The US population is so weak minded it isnt even funny. The moment some one starts dieing , we panic.

You people need to get real. If we go to war with Iran , Russia is iffy. They may not get involved or they may. If they do , expect China to most likely tag along , and then North Korea.

Expect a few hundred thousand casualties.
edit on 8-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
On the statement of: "Why can't Iran have nuclear weapons?"

Let's think about this...calmly, for a little bit.

Let's set aside that their government is influenced by their religion.
Let's set aside that IF (I'm saying IF here), they are actually trying to make nuclear weapons, but telling the rest of the world they are not, causes a "trust" issue.
Let us also set aside who we are talking about: Iran, Isreal, etc, etc.

Instead, let's look at "Nuclear Weapons"

To me this is one of the biggest scourges of the world. The power to destroy the entire globe, should really NOT be in the hands of anyone IMHO. I don't care who they are.

Growing up during the Cold War was a trip. The idea that you could wake up the next morning to mushroom clouds appearing on the horizon was a real, and even expected horror.
Today, my kids (3 of which are grown with their own families now), don't remember any of that, because it was going away. Super powers were talking about getting RID of nuclear weapons. Things like that always gave me a bit of hope.

Now I'm sitting here reading posts from people that are pretty much saying: "What's the big deal? Let 'em have their nukes. Not like they are going to use them."
And my eyeballs are trying to fall out of my head.

Do you know how many times we and the former USSR came close to "pushing the button"? Even ONCE would have been way too close.
Since the end of WW2, more and more countries came to have their own nuclear weapons. Each time, the chances of something happening are increased. Even with the idea of "Mutual Destruction" between the USA, USSR and China, the world still came to the brink. Just because a methodology exists, does not mean that reason will always follow.

Think about it: the more nukes that are out there, the bigger the chance that something can happen, that some country's government is over thrown by fanatics, by groups who think nothing of death, or death to everyone. (and I do mean the small percentage of fanatics, not the main stream religion), or the new government is in a economic crisis and sees a way of making money by selling their nukes to.....anyone, hey they have the cash, why not?

The point is: doesn' t mater if it's Iran, or some remote island nation that no one has heard of, do we REALLY need to have more nuclear weapons in the world?

All the nations of the world should be working towards eradicating these weapons, if they truly cared.

So doesn't matter if I think that Iran is being "picked on" or if I think "We should bomb the hell out of them.".

What matters (to me anyway) is sitting here seeing people post that more nuclear weapons in the world is no big deal.......

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
OK, enough already. Lets just get it done. Sooner rather than later (an abscessed tooth hurts the longer it stays in). It's blatantly obvious that the media is doing the propaganda work for the US government so we will go to war with Iran. It's exactly like we did with Iraq.

Soon we will hear reports that Iran can create WMDs out of camel crap.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
Soon we will hear reports that Iran can create WMDs out of camel crap.

LOL, what if they really could. That would be a kicker!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

100% right on!!! What people don't understand and no one here seems to understand is the we don't have ANY intel on what's going on !! Only what we read here and other sites and you tube!! People allways throw back in our faces that the US is the only country to use nukes in time of war.......WEHAD NO CHOICE !!!!!! Back then. I do think that the US should have detonated one off the coast of Tokyo FIRST so everybody could see what it did then threaten to use it on a city if they did t surrender

I'm tired of the USA bashing here. I don't agree with everything the US does but we do give out billions in foreign aid to many MANY. Country's We are one of this first country's to offer aid when a disaster strikes ANY country!!!!
I
Bottom line is, I am terrified of iran getting nukes. You all should be too!!

Be safe everybody

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Ben81

I beg to differ on Israel......

Iran does NOT have the weapons capability of reaching the USA from Iranian soil, for Israel to say otherwise is just scare mongering

I guess you missed the U.S. Congressional hearing 15 years ago when the Shihab-4 was first mentioned and it being to scary to talk about in open session it was referred to close door meetings later in the day..

Oh, I guess that since that missile can safely put a satellite into space it can also carry a nuclear warhead. That's what it is for!

But I guess most here on ATS forgot about that missile, HELLO!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Ben81

I beg to differ on Israel......

Iran does NOT have the weapons capability of reaching the USA from Iranian soil, for Israel to say otherwise is just scare mongering

I guess you missed the U.S. Congressional hearing 15 years ago when the Shihab-4 was first mentioned and it being to scary to talk about in open session it was referred to close door meetings later in the day..

Oh, I guess that since that missile can safely put a satellite into space it can also carry a nuclear warhead. That's what it is for!

But I guess most here on ATS forgot about that missile, HELLO!!

Not to mention you dont need an ICBM from tehran to tel aviv ... iran's mrbms can do twice that distance.
But ppl believe in whatever they want to believe.

Btw israel lovers, iran also has uavs (armed and surv vtol and everything), supercavitation torpedoes, stealth, laser-guided "everything that can be laser guided", all kinds of modified and /or reversed engineered tech including attack helis, fighters, bombers, torpedoes, missiles, land to air defense, electro-optically guided bombs, etc from russia and from the us, and... well... the odds are israel gets obliterated in a 1-to-1 conflict against iran if no nuclear weapons are used. If israel dares to use a nuclear weapon against iran, I hope the rest of the world tears down israel bit by bit...

Israel is not fighting rag tags or some primitive ppl here... actually thats pretty much the reason israel didnt attack iran yet. Israel cant do it alone... plus it needs us soldiers to die for their zionist plans...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Guys don´t you see this is all just reverse-propaganda? Look at the sources FFS!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Bahahahah Portrays? They are the aggressors. Have you not read the rhetoric coming from them lately. If the US really wanted to go to war with Iran they would have done it by now. Instead they took the more civilised diplomatic and then sanctions route instead of shooting their mouths off like Iran.

Have you not heard the constant mind numbing rhetoric coming from the West? The sad thing is that you actually believe Iran to be the aggressors in this situation even though all their threats have been defensive in nature in response to threats and lies coming out of Israel, United States, and many other nations and organizations. They have kept their composure quite well considering the circumstances.

Iran is cowering behind Russia and China like mongrel dogs trying to provoke the US, Israel their allies and the UK into a war they do not want.

That is just your own misguided opinion.

Why do they need to enrich their uranium so much when it is already beyond what is required for peaceful means.

Twenty percent enrichment is within reasonable potency for optimum energy output. I wonder what percentage Israel enriches theirs at...

Think about it!

You first!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
modern warfare is a strike first game

first strike you hit the head, the leadership HQ, the command and control communications with stealth tech

then you destroy runways and airforce, strategic bases, and of course all nuclear facilities

it ia actuall really over in a matter of hours

it's the clean up that takes all the time and money

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I disagree with almost everything you said but I don't have the time or energy to respond to every of your nationalistic driven pride statements, but I couldn't resist on this part:

Name one time we attacked somone for no reason.

Japan hello they attacked Pearl Harbor.
Afgh they attacked the Us via 9/11.
Kosovo. they were ethnic cleansing like Bosnia.
Iraq they invaded kuwiat.

Anyone got some more?

Even the most respected historians dispute whether or not dropping the nukes on Japan was necessary, although anyone with common sense knows that it wasn't necessary.

Afghanistan did not do 911, the Zionists and Neo-Cons who have infiltrated world governments planned and executed 911, and you know this!

Kosovo was a NATO operation and not just a U.S. effort, and even though both sides are in the wrong, I believe the intervention may have been warranted.

Who do you think assisted the Iraqi government to produce a military strong enough to fight Iran for a decade and then continue on to invade Kuwait?

All the points you made have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the war mongers have their sights set on Iran and they will spoon feed all the BS necessary to whoever is willing to eat it. It sure looks like you've been chowing down bro. I hope you're wearing a bib.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79
executed by sleeper cells
working with North Korea who is known for their missile capabilities.
a foothold with Venezuela so they can pull a Cuban missile crisis op.
with these new 2000 mile and 6000 mile range missiles they're working on

(In my best Yoda voice)
The Kool Aid is strong in this one.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Jingoistic delusions?

Blame ATS spellcheck and iPhone autocorrect for that one
I was trying to typing another jingo themed sentence but that was the final outcome.

How come when someone in US makes a comment about not wanting Iran to have nukes it’s considered jingoistic behavior but when Iran makes threats saying it can attack the US anywhere in the world that is somehow acceptable? Don’t you think that, by funding Hamas to attack innocent Israeli civilians, Iran has demonstrated extreme nationalism and a belligerent foreign policy

Being against Iran having nukes is Jingoistic in the same way that it's American Exceptionalism. Personally, I would be happier if no one had nukes. It's also jingoistic to justify an invasion of a country based on unproven information that has been spoonfed by the government sponsored media while you add lie upon lie on to this justification that you've been tricked into believing.

Iran has been less belligerent in foreign policy than the U.S. and Israel while they are a proud nation with strong people who are fed up with the corruption of their government (just like Americans!).

So what, Iran assists their allies, the same way the U.S. assists Saudi Arabia, Israel, Turkey, Pakistan but I don't hear you whining about that...what gives? You're clearly blinded by your agenda Seabag and it makes intelligent discussion rather difficult to achieve at times.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Jingoism - Extreme nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy; chauvinistic patriotism.
dictionary

If that is the definition, why then are Americans who support disarming known sponsors of terrorism jingoistic but the Iranian regime (and those who support it) who are perpetrating terrorist acts on innocent civilians not considered jingoistic? Isn't attacking and promoting the attack of another country because they disagree with their policies or way of life a belligerent foreign policy? I think so!! That is what Iran is doing to Israel.

What gives IRAN the right to kill people (or promote the killing of people) based on religious beliefs or the fact that Iran feels Israel is occupying Palestine. What business is it of Iran what happens in Palestine?? Aren’t they being the Middle-East Police??
edit on 8-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag Is attacking and promoting the attack of another country because thye disagree a belligerent foreign policy? I think so!!

I think so too!!! The US through sanctions are attacking Iran, and as for promoting, well turn on the TV , any time, any channel

. What business is it of Iran what happens in Palestine?? Aren’t they being the Middle-East Police??

And the US is off Irans borders with Battle Groups...Why?
Are the US the Middle-East Police??

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't think so ... I'm Iranian ... I know ourselves better than u do ... we are in that level yet of course

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

What’s up, buddy! Stop dodging my question!

What gives IRAN the right to kill people (or promote the killing of people) based on religious beliefs or the fact that Iran feels Israel is occupying Palestine. What business is it of Iran what happens in Palestine?? Aren’t they being the Middle-East Police??

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by seabag Is attacking and promoting the attack of another country because thye disagree a belligerent foreign policy? I think so!!

I think so too!!! The US through sanctions are attacking Iran, and as for promoting, well turn on the TV , any time, any channel

. What business is it of Iran what happens in Palestine?? Aren’t they being the Middle-East Police??

And the US is off Irans borders with Battle Groups...Why?
Are the US the Middle-East Police??

No dodge, already answered.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

What business is it of Iran what happens in Palestine??

You can't answer my question with a question of your own and expect to be taken seriously. Do two wrongs make a right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join