It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interfax: Iran Capable Of Striking Us Forces Anywhere In The World If Attacked By The Us- Iranian Am

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by J.Son79

iraq and libya,hows that working out,change the republican,world policeman record.why doesn't iran have the right to have nuclear weapons if they so wish.in your opinon?

Because Iran doesn't need them. No one is after Iran. The united states invented nuclear weapons and use them as means to bring about world peace. The whole perception and ideology of the weapons and their use got completely twisted because of the cold war. The cold war should be enough to prove why Iran doesn't need them.

The U.S. invented nuclear weapons. I'm sorry if people don't think it's fair, to bad. We have never abused them. The U.S. and the U.S.S.R. at the time of the Cold War were the world's super powers. Nothing like Iran. All the countries, besides North Korea that have nukes today, got them because of the arms race during the cold war. Nothing like that is going on today, all the more reason for Iran not to posses them. They are not obligated to protect other countries that are detrimental to their national security or survival like the United States.

What do you mean how's Libya and Iraq working out? Rome wasn't built in a day. These two countries are still in new developmental phases. Far to early to see results. Give them both at least 10 to 15 years and I'd wager they will be far better off then how they were. You have to give both of these countries time. They will rise up. No nation has ever risen up from the ashes overnight though. Far to early to judge Iraq and Libya's progress.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Explain why it would be a good idea for them to have them, without resorting to the poorly constructed argument that they "need them to contain western aggression".

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

Many countries around the world have nuclear weapons. Yet, at last count only one has ever used those weapons against another country. And when Iraq attacked Iran with chemical weapons and killed untold number of innocent Iranians, where do you think Iraq got those chemical weapons?

Yea, the U.S.A. is the correct answer to both of those questions. Our leaders are the only ones who seem to think it's ok to use these weapons. Does this mean someone should attack us for being radical Christians?

Quit drinking the Kool-Aid, take off your blinders, and wake up to what Israel really is. They are a barbaric nation hellbent on the destruction of anyone who doesn't fall in line and bow down to them.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by J.Son79

...Our leaders are the only ones who seem to think it's ok to use these weapons.

Ah yes, the events of over 60 years ago. Now let's all berate Italy for the Roman invasion of Gaul.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I watched your video, for the sake of fairness. I speak a few languages, but Farsi is not one of them. Perhaps you do speak it and can attest to the accuracy of the translation provided in the video? If not, then we are both just as much in the dark about what Mahmoud was saying there. He may have been giving his favorite pancake recipe for all I (or you) know. He probably wasn't, but hopefully you get the point.

In any event, even if the translation was reasonably accurate, he was speaking about the regime running Israel, and his desire that they should go down. Can't say I disagree with that.

As for the thread you linked, yes, I read every post in it yesterday. Got downright nasty at times, and I was in no mood for arguing, so I refrained from posting. However, several members pointed out the exact same things I said above, better that I could have myself. This has been argued to death. I stand by my statement: nobody is talking about wiping anyone off the map.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguedesigner

reply to post by J.Son79

...Our leaders are the only ones who seem to think it's ok to use these weapons.

Ah yes, the events of over 60 years ago. Now let's all berate Italy for the Roman invasion of Gaul.

It's also been 60+ years since the Holocaust, but that doesn't stop the Israeli's from whining about it and using it as a crutch.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I beg to differ on Israel......

Iran does NOT have the weapons capability of reaching the USA from Iranian soil, for Israel to say otherwise is just scare mongering

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Irrelevant much?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

reply to post by J.Son79

Many countries around the world have nuclear weapons. Yet, at last count only one has ever used those weapons against another country. And when Iraq attacked Iran with chemical weapons and killed untold number of innocent Iranians, where do you think Iraq got those chemical weapons?

Yea, the U.S.A. is the correct answer to both of those questions. Our leaders are the only ones who seem to think it's ok to use these weapons. Does this mean someone should attack us for being radical Christians?

Quit drinking the Kool-Aid, take off your blinders, and wake up to what Israel really is. They are a barbaric nation hellbent on the destruction of anyone who doesn't fall in line and bow down to them.

Yes, the United States was faced with two options during world war 2. Both pertaining to Japan.

Option 1> Japanese invasion. After the war planners sat down and figured everything up, they figured losses on both sides would be in the millions. 5-6 million U.S. soldiers dead. 5-6 million Japanese soldiers dead. This is not including the collateral damage cost of the Japanese civilians. Also, war could have went on into the 1950's.

Option 2> We had just completed the testing of the first atomic bomb. We could fly over Japan and drop one bomb, not two, ONE onto one of it's strongest production cities to bring the Japanese war machine to a screeching halt. But before we did this we, the Allies, tried and tried to persuade the Japanese to surrender. We drafted and sent them The Potsdam Declaration which begged Japan to surrender. We also warned in that declaration the consequences and why we would not have any other choice if they didn't surrender. Japan published it in their newspapers and laughed at us. You have to remember the Japanese during WWII believed heavily in dying for the cause.

We gave Japan 13 days to change their minds, they wouldn't do it. So the first atom bomb was dropped. But 3 more days still went on, still no surrender. The second bomb was dropped. This is when the Japanese finally surrendered.

Now, so many people like to criticize the U.S. for it's use of atomic weaponry. But what most people don't see is the insane amount of lives those two weapons actually saved. How many were killed because of the two bombs? Couple hundred thousand? Imagine what a land war would have cost. That is why we dropped those bombs. Make no mistake about it.

You say, "When Iraq chemmed Iran and killed innocent Iranians". Do you believe Iran didn't kill any innocent Iraqi's? It's war. At the end of the day doesn't matter if your killed by a bullet or a chemical? Both of those countries fought a long strenuous war. But I can't believe your taking up for the Iranians when the truth is usually during a war of neighboring countries like that, both sides kill many of the others innocents.

Yeah, the U.S. did supply Iraq with those. So that makes the U.S. bad? I guess the same way it makes the gun dealer down the street bad when his customer kills someone with the gun bought from his store right?

Our leaders think it's okay to use these weapons if the situation calls for it. You have never sat in on a military planning operation like our leaders have. You don't see the intel that comes through this country every day. You don't know what kind of decisions these people have to make. You don't know any of this stuff, therefore, you are not qualified to talk about what decisions our leaders make. Neither me or you. These decisions they make are hard and most of the time people don't see the whole picture. In politic's nothing is how it seems.

No one is wanting to attack Iran for being Muslim. See your basing your arguments on these simple issues that our leaders don't even discuss. They'd laugh at this. Our leaders and planners make their decisions based upon keeping the world turning, not simple issues everyday people argue about. I promise you they don't sit in their chairs and say, "Yeah buddy, lets just nuke them". No, it doesn't work that way. Sorry, but your way off if you think the world is that simple.

I don't know about Kool-Aid. Kool-Aid comes in many flavors and can go both ways. I may not see everything, but honestly my blinders let in a lot more light then yours. Your arguments are based on issues that are far to simple and impractical. There's much bigger things at stake when it comes to world affairs, things you and I wouldn't fully understand because we don't hold those positions or work in those fields.

And finally about Israel, please explain what they want Iran to bow down to them for?
edit on 8-2-2012 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

I fully agree with a lot of what you say. I just don't think Israel should decide who can and cannot have these weapons. If Israel doesn't want Iran to have a nuclear weapon then man-up and do something about it. Stop trying to drag the U.S. into your beef with your neighbors by spreading fear and lies.

It's no secret that Iran is not a saint, however, I truly believe that in the history of nations there has never been a nation more cunning and manipulative than Israel. They are truly evil. They, and they alone are the only nation that truly frightens me.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

J you are correct and I agree 100%.

The problem is not with your statement.

The problem is trying to get the people to see the truth throught all the fodder.

What your saying is correct.

People just dont get it.

As far as their concerend we are trying to impose our will on them and control their oil and precious minerals.

They say that about every time we have to go to war to defend the rights of every human.

But the easist way the shut them up real quick is to ask them one question.

What oil have we stolen from Saudi?

What oil have we stolen from Irak?
What oil did we stolen from Kosovo?
What oild did we stolen from anyone?

Last time I checked we were paying fair market value like China and russia and india.

Do you think we pay less than China? Not

We buy oil yes.

We have oil contracts yes.

But so does every other country.

Including China Russia Pakistan, India and so many more they all buy oil they all import oil and they all have oil contracts. So what.

What did we take?

Let me guess some one is going to say their soverienty.

no they gave that up when they went against the UN security council.

people seem to forget all the UN.

I repeat UN resolutions.

This is what they complain about we dont follow the UN. Then it is oh well you follow the un but they are all on the take any way.

Listen the un is the biggest spy entity in the world their are more spies from each country spying in the UN then any one country has spies total.

As much facts as I can put out there will be 10-20 people who are going to come out a bash these facts and try to discredit what I am saying.

Well have att it.

Prove me wrong I say.

didn't think so.

Shall I upload the list of resolution passed by the UN.

Shall I list the UN Countries and their votes on each resolution?

Rather not I have much better things I could be doing.

the reason we have wars is because someone is attacking someone. Like Kuwait, or Kosovo. or the Afghanastan.

We attack as a last resort after diplomacy fails.

Name one time we attacked somone for no reason.

Japan hello they attacked Pearl Harbor.
Afgh they attacked the Us via 9/11.
Kosovo. they were ethnic cleansing like Bosnia.
Iraq they invaded kuwiat.

Anyone got some more?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Oh for the love of all that's holy, the list of attacks by us for foolish reasons is long. We have been attacking or intervening militarily for decades all around the world. Why don't you present this question to a Native American? They will give you a fine example of an attack by us for no reason.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by J.Son79

J you are correct and I agree 100%.

The problem is not with your statement.

The problem is trying to get the people to see the truth throught all the fodder.

What your saying is correct.

People just dont get it.

As far as their concerend we are trying to impose our will on them and control their oil and precious minerals.

They say that about every time we have to go to war to defend the rights of every human.

But the easist way the shut them up real quick is to ask them one question.

What oil have we stolen from Saudi?

What oil have we stolen from Irak?
What oil did we stolen from Kosovo?
What oild did we stolen from anyone?

Last time I checked we were paying fair market value like China and russia and india.

Do you think we pay less than China? Not

We buy oil yes.

We have oil contracts yes.

But so does every other country.

Including China Russia Pakistan, India and so many more they all buy oil they all import oil and they all have oil contracts. So what.

What did we take?

Let me guess some one is going to say their soverienty.

no they gave that up when they went against the UN security council.

people seem to forget all the UN.

I repeat UN resolutions.

This is what they complain about we dont follow the UN. Then it is oh well you follow the un but they are all on the take any way.

Listen the un is the biggest spy entity in the world their are more spies from each country spying in the UN then any one country has spies total.

As much facts as I can put out there will be 10-20 people who are going to come out a bash these facts and try to discredit what I am saying.

Well have att it.

Prove me wrong I say.

didn't think so.

Shall I upload the list of resolution passed by the UN.

Shall I list the UN Countries and their votes on each resolution?

Rather not I have much better things I could be doing.

the reason we have wars is because someone is attacking someone. Like Kuwait, or Kosovo. or the Afghanastan.

We attack as a last resort after diplomacy fails.

Name one time we attacked somone for no reason.

Japan hello they attacked Pearl Harbor.
Afgh they attacked the Us via 9/11.
Kosovo. they were ethnic cleansing like Bosnia.
Iraq they invaded kuwiat.

Anyone got some more?

Awesome post Rocky, you knocked that one out of the park my friend.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

I really don't appreciate labeling people as Iranian apologists. We advocate peace. We are just as much opposed to the regime in Iran as the BS war they want with them. It is one thing to say that Iran is a peace loving nation, it is another to point out that their aggression has been limited to their people and so does not justify a war of the magnitude of Iraq or Vietnam. We are broke, tired, and every day a little more poor.

What the hell is it with our own countrymen acting like Nazi SS trying to silence their fellow nationals when they try and halt the money train we ALL know exists from war. Don't even try and take the High ground, there is a greater moral imperative to save our own country before we go playing captain America across the globe. Grow up and start forming arguments people instead of resorting to the labeling of your countrymen as quasi traitors for advocating peace.

or do you like obeying your big daddy government as they send an entire generation into the grinder?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Your kidding right.

How about them indians.

Your really grasping at straws here.

But since you went their. en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a link for ya. Read up a little will ya.

They tried to make treaties with the indians yes or no.

Not all agreed of course.

This is like when the cave man was hungry but he looked over a his dino buddy and said well one of us has to eat.

Same thing is in the real world buddy.

Hey mofo give me them snearkers or I'll cut your thoat?

Do you give up the sneakers or do you fight.

Please answer.

Let me guess they are just sneakers right.

Well what about your throat?

Do you think it will not be cut?

Do you take that chance?

Well what about Iran?

We want nukes,
We want the destruction of isreal. We want you dead. your the zionist. They devil.
Well how the hell do you deal with that?

Well we have obama in the white house sying we will give you everything you want. just stop persuing nukes and retoric against isreal.

What do they say.

NOPE screw you and while we are destroying isreal your fall will come too.

that is the mind set here.

Get it.

Do you think they want power plants really?

If we offered to build them and feed the reactor and remove the fuel for them then why do they still say no.

If russia offered the same assurances why do they still say no? They have actually..

Any idea.

THEY WANT TO THREATEN WITH NUKES!

Yelling it loud now peeps can you hear me.

Hmmmmmm

Why do they want nukes?

So we are gone and only islam will rule the earth.

Islam is nothing as they say it is. here is a little inforamtion for your edgamacation.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I'm sure the "Iran has sleeper cells in the US" will have fun with this one.

inagist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

That is the only source of trouble. Iranian as anyone else like to exaggerate a bit. No intel on their capabilities of delivering any strikes farther than 800 miles. The only revenge is in the immediate vicinity to its territory (Ormuz strait/ Kuwait? Dharan to name a few). Otherwise sabotage and terror world-wide.

www.cast.ru... here you can find a great article on Russian weapons sold to Iran (In Russian)

edit on 8-2-2012 by MRHIDDENHAND because: some external sources

edit on 8-2-2012 by MRHIDDENHAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79
Wow, this has been a horrible week or two for the "Iranian Apologist's" on the board or around the world that is. So they claim they can attack our forces ANYwhere. About 3 or 4 weeks ago news broke that Iran was working on a missile that could reach the U.S. Probably already have that capability. Wonder what all the fella's think now that say, "even if Iran gets a nuke they can't use it because they lack the delivery systems".

I just hope this news, the missile tech news, and of course the calling of the annihilation of Israel/Jews seriously wakes some people up that don't see Iran for what it truly is and what it's trying to do.

Trying to do?

If someone punches you in the face and threatens your family with a gun. Would you let them? 'Sure go ahead, keep punching, keep shooting'

Or do you defend yourself with all means possible.

Think on.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I beg to differ on Israel......

Iran does NOT have the weapons capability of reaching the USA from Iranian soil, for Israel to say otherwise is just scare mongering

Evidently Israel is trying to scare the US into avoid attacking Iran, because US would never initiate a conflict where it has to suffer casualties at home. Wonder why Israel is desperate to avoid an attack on Iran that the US claims is intended to save Israel?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Oh yes, another smart outburst by an Iranian official. When will Iran learn that whatever they say now is being taken with a pinch of salt? If America, Britain, France, etc wanted to eradicate the problem at this present time they would have started bombarding Iran already. I get the feeling Ahmadinejad has little man syndrome and is forcing his officials to say "X, Y and Z" as he knows his country could potentially be invaded at any given moment.

Have to laugh, this is like a soap opera storyline reaching its conclusion.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Double post...
edit on 8-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join