It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interfax: Iran Capable Of Striking Us Forces Anywhere In The World If Attacked By The Us- Iranian Am

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Interfax: Iran Capable Of Striking Us Forces Anywhere In The World If Attacked By The Us- Iranian Ambassador To Moscow

inagist.com

BreakingNews : Iranian ambassador to Moscow says Iran is capable of striking US forces anywhere in the world if attacked by America - Interfax via Reuters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.forexlive.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran says will attack any country used to strike its soil
edit on 8-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: Sorry for all caps in the title. I copy and pasted, please fix if necessary.

edit on 2/8/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: all caps title

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This is just in so there aren't many sources but I expect the saber rattling to escalate as the week and month continues.

I wonder what means they would use to strike "anywhere in the world". Their navy or Airforce cannot reach US soil so they must mean the US military bases in the Middle East.

I'm sure the "Iran has sleeper cells in the US" will have fun with this one.

inagist.com

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Might be a duplicate of this thread
Israel: Iran's nuclear arms program is complete, its missiles can reach US

Israel is saying iran can reach US ...now Interfax
when Obama release a similar statement that Iran weapon can reach US
he will declare war on Iran at the same time
the war is getting closer .. the heat now his higher then before the Irak war
i think its even worst then the cold war
Russia and China made it clear .. they will go into war if US and/or Israel strike at Iran
Syria included
edit on 2/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I was going to give you trouble over the all caps title, but I see it appears in the article, so I guess you were just using the headline.

As to the matter at hand, yeah, just saber rattling. Unfortunate, though, as it will no doubt be used as justification for the position that Iran is the aggressor in this situation.

I can understand that they would want the word to get out that they are not to be trifled with, but sometimes I think if they would just tone down the rhetoric a bit it would help their position.

They may very well have the capability to do what they claim, or maybe not. But in my experience, the ones that boast about how tough they are are not the ones you need to worry about. The guys who keep quiet and are not boastful are the ones you really don't want to mess with.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I expect this thing to kick off in the coming weeks. No later than the end of March. I think the US and Israel may find Iran to be a tough opponent.

As far as them being able to strike our forces anywhere in the world, they either have weapons we don't know about, or I have to agree with you and say they have sleeper cells already in place. Regardless, I think we are grossly underestimating the Iranians will to fight.

I hope that we find a peaceful way to end this thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Wow, this has been a horrible week or two for the "Iranian Apologist's" on the board or around the world that is. So they claim they can attack our forces ANYwhere. About 3 or 4 weeks ago news broke that Iran was working on a missile that could reach the U.S. Probably already have that capability. Wonder what all the fella's think now that say, "even if Iran gets a nuke they can't use it because they lack the delivery systems".

I just hope this news, the missile tech news, and of course the calling of the annihilation of Israel/Jews seriously wakes some people up that don't see Iran for what it truly is and what it's trying to do.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

This is just in so there aren't many sources but I expect the saber rattling to escalate as the week and month continues.

I wonder what means they would use to strike "anywhere in the world". Their navy or Airforce cannot reach US soil so they must mean the US military bases in the Middle East.

I'm sure the "Iran has sleeper cells in the US" will have fun with this one.

inagist.com

The attacks would have to be executed by sleeper cells or missiles. They have been busy working on missiles that will reach far and wide. They've also been working with North Korea who is known for their missile capabilities. Iran has also established a foothold with Venezuela so they can pull a Cuban missile crisis op. Which of course with these new 2000 mile and 6000 mile range missiles they're working on could hit just about anywhere in the states and fast.

Now, for those who think Iran is not pursuing nukes, then why are they pursuing these delivery systems? Just think about it.

bostonglobe.com... /story.html
edit on 8-2-2012 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

What part of "IF ATTACKED" don't you understand?

Typical jingoistic delusions trying to portray Iran as the aggressor. Being against the illegally authorized slaughter of Iranian innocents does not make us apologists.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Here, here! Some people march to the same war drum as the Israeli's. I posted in a thread yesterday that an attack on Iran was wrong and got called an "apologist." The only way Iran should be attacked is if they strike first.

I said it yesterday and I will say it again. I am not an apologist. Rather, I strongly oppose the killing of innocents, regardless of their religion. I could never understand why it was ok for Israel, or Pakistan for that matter, to possess nuclear weapons, but not Iran.

Maybe their desire to possess nuclear weapons is so they have a deterrent against the very thing they face now, an attack by Israel. Until this cancer we call Israel is called out for all of its' crimes against humanity, and people recognize them for the warmongering neanderthals they really are, we will never know peace upon this planet.

If anyone should be disarmed, it's the Israeli's. Now there is a country that scares me. Freakin' barbarians.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by J.Son79

What part of "IF ATTACKED" don't you understand?

Typical jingoistic delusions trying to portray Iran as the aggressor. Being against the illegally authorized slaughter of Iranian innocents does not make us apologists.

Oh I understand it fully. Question is, do you? Do you see the big picture? Do you see and understand the political scenario's that would unfold if they obtained nuclear weapons?

Well, what worries me is I don't trust the Iranians with these delivery systems and nuclear warheads. How do we know they won't "pre-emptively" attack Israel or any where else for that matter?

I don't see Israel or the U.S. or any other country threatening to destroy Iran or any of their civilians. However, I do see Iran constantly going on about wiping countries off the map, killing people and so forth. The only thing the U.S. or Israel have EVER said is if we do strike, it will be their facilities. We've never threatened any of the Iranian people.

It really amazes me how some people want to see the U.S. burn so bad. Not only the Iranians, but people that live within the U.S. as well.

It also amazes me how people don't want us to destroy these nuclear facilities if diplomacy fails and the Iranians won't agree to shut them down. But yet it's okay for this country that is ran by religious nut jobs to have these nukes. Keep in mind, many of these extremists don't think twice about dying. They are actually praised for it, think it makes Allah proud. So what makes you think they won't launch these nukes when they do get them?

How easy would it be for the U.S. to wipe Iran off the face of the earth? Iran would be gone in 10 minutes, but yet we won't do that. Okay, we have plenty of carriers around Iran right now loaded with planes, but yet we don't strike when we could just fly right in and bomb the facilities now. Point is, we're trying to do this peacefully and diplomatically. We're not wanting to bomb Iran's military, their citizens, any of that. We have stated from the beginning that we plan to shut down Iran's capability to manufacture nuclear weapons. That's it, nothing more. Iran wants to kill whole nations of people. So, you really want these fella's to get some nukes eh?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If you include Russia and China in the Iranian arsenal, then yes they can hit anywhere they choose. Maybe they have a long range missile that nobody has known about but surely they wouldn't have many of them. Ill have a stab at June-July for the heavy stuff to kick off.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
If you include Russia and China in the Iranian arsenal, then yes they can hit anywhere they choose. Maybe they have a long range missile that nobody has known about but surely they wouldn't have many of them. Ill have a stab at June-July for the heavy stuff to kick off.

Correct !

With all the threats and acts of war from the US and Israel since 2004
im sure Iran have signed many defence treaty with its neighboor
and make sure they have something to retaliate effectively if attacked

So far Iran have acted with enormous restrain .. and it has showed to be most mature country
compare to the US and Israel
they have prooven again .. that in 200 yrs they didnt attack anyone
if that was not true .. they would already have do something by now
Russia and China probably told them not to attack
and be attacked first so they can step in and defend Iran

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Russia and China wouldn't get involved if Iran was to attack us and forces us into all out war. They would probably arm the Iranians, but who wouldn't? It's good business. Of course if all out war did break out and we were forced to put the Iranian's down, Russia and China would benefit greatly. Russian oil sells to China, U.S. controlling Iran's oil and cutting a better political deal under the table with China then Iran, etc etc.

I also think it will be spring. The Iraq war and Libya operation both started in March. The 21st or 23rd I think it was. The first day of spring this year is March 21st. After that expect Israel to shutdown the facilities. It doesn't look like Iran is going to be reasonable. They have no need for nukes.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
If Iran is not stupid (and they probably aren't) they already put sleeper cells in the US, Europe and many arab countries to wreck havoc if the time comes.

A trained commando can do a LOT of damage if they want.... if one untrained kid in a school can kill 30+ students (Virginia Tech), how much damage do you think a group of 5-6 highly trained individuals can do?

If war breaks out, prepare for REAL ``terrorist`` attacks. (and of course those will be used to destroy what little rights we still got)
edit on 8-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79

Well, what worries me is I don't trust the Iranians with these delivery systems and nuclear warheads. How do we know they won't "pre-emptively" attack Israel or any where else for that matter?

I believe the concept of mutually assured destruction would apply. The leaders of Iran may not be the greatest, in fact I am sure they are not, but I seriously doubt that they seek the destruction of their nation, which would be the inevitable result of ANY nuclear attack upon Israel or the U.S. Guaranteed, and they know this. They are not fools.

Originally posted by J.Son79
I do see Iran constantly going on about wiping countries off the map, killing people and so forth.

I had really hoped we were past that. It's been said before, more times than I can count. Nobody is talking about wiping anyone off the map. Mistranslation, so on and so forth.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

trying to portray Iran as the aggressor.

Bahahahah Portrays? They are the aggressors. Have you not read the rhetoric coming from them lately. If the US really wanted to go to war with Iran they would have done it by now. Instead they took the more civilised diplomatic and then sanctions route instead of shooting their mouths off like Iran.

Iran is cowering behind Russia and China like mongrel dogs trying to provoke the US, Israel their allies and the UK into a war they do not want.

To add insult to injury they are using Syria as as tool to their own means when they don't really give a damn about Syria. They are just using them as a means to an end. They mention Afghanistan. They don't care anything for Afghanistan else they would have joined the war. They care for nothing but themselves. Why is it most Arab nations don't like them?

Why do they need to enrich their uranium so much when it is already beyond what is required for peaceful means. Why? because they want a nuclear weapon. Lunatics acting under a fake Ayatollah who is religiously motivated cannot have nuclear weapons. End of story.

Think about it!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Correct !

With all the threats and acts of war from the US and Israel since 2004
im sure Iran have signed many defence treaty with its neighboor
and make sure they have something to retaliate effectively if attacked

So far Iran have acted with enormous restrain .. and it has showed to be most mature country
compare to the US and Israel
they have prooven again .. that in 200 yrs they didnt attack anyone
if that was not true .. they would already have do something by now
Russia and China probably told them not to attack
and be attacked first so they can step in and defend Iran

That's the thing though, we never really threatened them. Our stance has always been no nukes because of what it will do to the stability of the middle east. If the middle east is destabilized, the world will be destabilized.

This is what people fail to see. A lot of people think Iran is getting bullied and are so peaceful, etc etc. But think about this for a moment. Why would Iran need nuclear weapons? Russia is not after them. China is not after them. We wouldn't be after them if they weren't pursuing nukes. So why are they pursuing nukes? Two reasons.

Reason number 1: Believe it or not, they want the whole middle east. With nukes in their toy chest it wouldn't be hard. The Saudis do just fine without them.

Reason number 2: Protection, but once again, from whom? We don't want to go to war with Iran. We want them to work peacefully with the rest of the world and to stop this pursuit of nuclear weapons. They have been pursuing nukes since the early 70'-80's.

So, why do they need nukes? We would not attack them or give them any trouble if they would shut down the facilities. But they don't want to.

Iran has not acted with any kind of restrain. They have been waging wars through proxies, terrorist cells, arming insurgents and every other deceptive practice since Ayatollah Khomeini overthrew the Shah. Hezbollah, and of course all the special operations in Iraq when we're trying to keep the country under control, Iran was busy trying to work against us and destroy our progress and efforts.

Why do people think this country is so pure? They are very deceptive and operate with extreme deceptive practices. Everything they do is deception. Even down to the suicide bombers. Think about it. Trying to manufacture nukes under ground but claim their nuclear energy program is peaceful. Using Hezbollah to infiltrate and infuriate Israel. Sneaking into Iraq to arm terrorists so they would further destabilize the place and go against our efforts to establish a democratic government. We're trying to get the place back on it's feet and build it back up while Iran was trying to do the opposite. Use of religious propaganda to recruit insurgents and arming them for deceptive hit and run terror style attacks.

Iran is nothing but deception deception deception.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I had really hoped we were past that. It's been said before, more times than I can count. Nobody is talking about wiping anyone off the map. Mistranslation, so on and so forth.

You have got be kidding? Have you not seen this

or this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The threats and talk is all real.

How are you going to dismiss this? Lost in interpretation Bahahahah!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

iraq and libya,hows that working out,change the republican,world policeman record.why doesn't iran have the right to have nuclear weapons if they so wish.in your opinon?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

no one said iran was pure,but america is hardly pure either,they are the war mongers.land of the free but no one else is allowed to be make their own decisions unless they run it by you?hypocricisy,oh and on the stability of the middle east-you consider it stable so far with your puppet regimns and zionist bully boys.i call bull,maybe the neighbours having nukes is exactly what israel needs to stop it thinking itself as the law in the world.damn holocaust.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join