It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only way for Ron Paul to win : Brokered Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Yes, even with all the fraud, Ron Paul can win.

How? Brokered convention. Last time it happened was in 1952.
Brokered convention

A brokered convention is a situation in United States politics in which there are not enough delegates 'won' during the presidential primary and caucus elections for a single candidate to have a pre-existing majority, during the first official vote for a political party's presidential-candidate at its nominating convention.

Once the first ballot, or vote, has occurred, and no candidate has a majority of the delegates' votes, the convention is then considered brokered; thereafter, the nomination is decided through a process of alternating political horse-trading, and additional re-votes.[1][2][3][4] In this circumstance, all regular delegates (who, previously, were pledged to the candidate who had won their respective state's primary or caucus election) are "released," and are able to switch their allegiance to a different candidate before the next round of balloting. It is hoped that this 'freedom' will result in a re-vote resulting in a clear majority of delegates for one candidate.

Basically, if no candidate gets a majority, ANYONE running can become the Republican candidate, Ron Paul included.

So if enough Ron Paul supporters have infiltrated the other camps and have become delegates, a brokered convention can happen and BE WON.

It might also come down to the speech each candidate gives... Ron Paul as always, would give a pro-freedom speech and anti-FED speech... which would happen in August... when the economy will be much worse and people will be even more pissed... not to mention the war with Iran will have started or be on the verge... Paul would be the only one against that war...

Ron Paul would have great chances.

So to all of you who are pissed at the vote rigging, be happy that the Frothy Mix won instead of Mittens... which means Mittens is not assured a majority before the convention.

Ron Paul should win a few states and Newt too... that way nobody can get a majority and Ron Paul can go for the gold at the convention. (because we all know Santorum, Romney and Newt supporters are as rare as unicorns pooping rainbows)

And of course there could be fraud. But since there's 2,286 delegates, if they fraud, you can easily go talk to each of them and PROVE FRAUD ...
edit on 8-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes, but do YOU think this is a possibility?

You seem well versed in politics, i'd like to hear your opinion on the possibility of this happening.

Great thread btw

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If they can defraud an election it would be naive to think they couldn't/wouldn't defraud something this uncommon.
We just need to push hard for transparency in vote counting and keep pushing Paul.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Yes, but do YOU think this is a possibility?

Yes. Since Santorum won 3 states, Romney could be in trouble and it could be the beginning of his end or at least he could lose a lot of votes... Newt could also win a few states... Paul could win Maine...

If Santorum, Newt and Paul stay in the race till the convention, nobody will get a majority. Which will mean brokered convention...

We shall see in the coming week if Newt drops off and endorse Santorum or Romney to avoid a convention down the line which would give Paul a chance, which they don't want at any cost.

Overall, I think the chances of a brokered convention is something like 10%... it all depends if Newt/Santorum/Romney/Paul stay in the race till the end.
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

If they can defraud an election it would be naive to think they couldn't/wouldn't defraud something this uncommon.

As I have said, there's only 2289 delegates at the convention. 2289 votes. You can't defraud that if it's watched close enough by enough good people.

edit on 8-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

If Santorum, Newt and Paul stay in the race till the convention, nobody will get a majority. Which will mean brokered convention...

We shall see in the coming week if Newt drops off and endorse Santorum or Romney to avoid a convention down the line which would give Paul a chance, which they don't want at any cost.

Overall, I think the chances of a brokered convention is something like 10%... it all depends if Newt/Santorum/Romney/Paul stay in the race till the end.

Odd though, I have been watching Newt watching Paul in the debates. I almost get the feeling that if he could not win he has the idea that it just might be very interesting to see someone like Paul come into power. Behind and despite whatever personal political ambitions some of these politicians have and what shred of integrity they have not had to dispense with in order to play the game they may still have hopes for the American ideal, the Constitution, and true liberty. One or two people positioned in the right place at the right time could help bring that about.

Like Paul, a brokered convention is a longshot. Stranger things have happened though. 2012 has been predicted to be a strange year. Let's hope so.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think a brokered convention is a longshot, but with no clear front runner, it's likelier than it has been at any time since Eisenhower.

I also think if it comes down to it, the likeliest scenario is a compromise candidate who either dropped out really early (like Huntsman) or someone who didn't participate in the primaries at all (like Christie) would be the nominee. Is Harold Stassen still alive?

The likelihood that a compromise candidate consisting of someone who went through the entire process would be agreed upon approaches zero.

In my opinion.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
OH please please please have there be a brokered convention.

It's really the only logical conclusion to this current circus...a huge grand finale of Republicans imploding their party.

I agree with yeahright...the only way to compete in the general election if it comes to a brokered convention is for a completely alternate candidate is selected. And Republicans would totally eat it up too...a Chris Christy, Marco Rubio, or even Sarah Palin could crawl up on that stage at the convention and take the nomination at a brokered convention. It wouldn't be until the next week would they realize that this people have not been vetted at all and their faults will be fresh for the general election.

I can't wish for anything better than a brokered convention.

new topics

join