It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeds of Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I just came across this trailer for a new film looking at the changes of agricultural production, looking in particular at the seed.

Since the seed supply started to become monopolised a quarter of a million farmers have comitted suicide in India due to escalating debt and the loss of their land. This corporate takeover of our agriculture has to stop. It is threatneing our very future.

www.permaculture.co.uk...

The film explores the history of the corporate takeover of seed, and the impact that this is having on communities across the world. The loss of indigenous seed goes hand in hand with the loss of biodiversity, the loss of cultural traditions and practices, the loss of livelihoods and the loss of independence in agriculture.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

i want them to start growing the plants that make THEM happy.

this hurts watching this. i just want to throw up and scream.

there is so much wrong with the world, and its only getting worse.

wat do?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

wat do?

One thing being done is a variety of seed banks, where seeds are being saved. There are also organizations that have banked "heritage" seeds, seeds from 100's of years ago. If you do a search you can find many of these.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

very good.

all is not lost....

as for the poor farmers. their suffering was unjustified. i hurt and cry for them.

top topics

join