It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drone Kills Ten In Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

US Drone Kills Ten In Pakistan

www.telegraph.co.uk

American drones have killed as many as 10 people in the first such missile strike since Barack Obama officially acknowledged the covert CIA programme.

The attack happened in North Waziristan, an area used by members of the Haqqani network to launch operations against international forces across the border in Afghanistan, according to local intelligence officials

"Two missiles were fired on a compound killing at least 10 in a house believed to be in the use of militants..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

"For the most part, they've been very precise precision strikes against al Qaeda and their affiliates, and we're very careful in terms of how it's been applied," he said in a webchat.

I had to add the other paragraph just for a reference to the point I am trying to make...

Now, using these drones is bad enough but here's where I had a huge problem with the story...

They say that they killed at least 10 people in a house believed to be in use by militants...

And that for the most part they have been very precise strikes...

Sounds like they've screwed up a few times and don't want to admit that this might be another one of those incidents...

Edit: Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we supposed to be "allies" with Pakistan? As in... shouldn't be killing people there in the first place?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-2-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Daniel Pudles in his recent article ‘With its Deadly Drones, the US is fighting a Coward’s War’, Recently carried by the Guardian reports that, “the CIA, which is running the undeclared and unacknowledged drone war in Pakistan, insists that there have been no recent civilian casualties... It is a blatant whitewash... CIA claims that since May 2010, drones have killed more than 600 militants and not a single non-combatant...a report last year by the British ‘Bureau of Investigative Journalism’ showed, of some 2,300 people killed by the US drone strikes in Pakistan from 2004 until August 2011, between 392 and 781 appear to have been civilians; 175 were children.

pakobserver.net...

2300 people murdered by drones since 2004. 175 children.

The drones have been targeting rescuers and funerals.

I cant see how Pakistan hasnt declared war on the United States.
edit on 8-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

If Pakistan were concerned they would have troops waiting for those so called militants along the borders.
If they do and cant find terrorists, I would be bombing the borders as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

If Pakistan were concerned they would have troops waiting for those so called militants along the borders.
If they do and cant find terrorists, I would be bombing the borders as well.

Firing a missile into a house is far different than firing at a truck full of guys riding with rocket launchers in the back trying to get across the border...

At least, in my eyes anyways...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If they are crossing the border what do you think the best option is? What are the Pakistani army doing? By the sounds of it not very much. I think that militants would be trying to use Pakistan as cover though and even maybe they do it on purpose to keep the tensions simmering with the west.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Seems like we're just trying to stir the pot. Get the Pakistanis in an uproar over drone attacks (Which arent technically an act of war right) so when they retaliate the US can say, AH HA more terrorists, and bam. That was easy.

new topics

join