It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Chinese Cyber Whiz Team Landed US Drone In Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ah the plot thickens seems the chinese had there hand in it

The Americans know Iran did not bring the RQ-170 down because their intelligence agencies discovered the culprits were a Chinese cyber warfare team which seized control of the drone; Iran was given the passive role of being told where and when to hold out their arms to catch it.

Not sure how reliable the source is but thought i would put it out there anyway for comment

Getting into a row with China over the stealth drone would not help persuade its leaders to cooperate in sanctions against Iran but might risk bringing US-Chinese relations to an unprecedented low.

warsclerotic.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I personally think it doesn't matter who brought it down or how it got down. I think there should have been a self destruct built into it to go off if the signal from the US controller was ever lost.
It's ludicrous to think there was no fail safe mechanism to just allow something like this to just "land" in a country it was being used to spy on.
No signal= BOOM!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

That would be a pretty interesting twist. I see Debka everywhere though. I don't think that is too reliable...but really, who knows?

link   
Ive just read on the web that it was an iranian flying saucer with a tractor beam that took the drone. aparrantly the man who created the technology offered it to NASA but they declined. I think his name is hersh or kersh?

link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by Bilder

I personally think it doesn't matter who brought it down or how it got down. I think there should have been a self destruct built into it to go off if the signal from the US controller was ever lost.
It's ludicrous to think there was no fail safe mechanism to just allow something like this to just "land" in a country it was being used to spy on.
No signal= BOOM!!

I think that just shows exactly how overconfident they were that something like this would never happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a self destruct button would be pretty pointless in battle. all the enemy has to do is hack it and blow it out of the air.

and if the u.s. wasn't violating international law by spying over iran it would have not been lost in the first place.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am not familiar with the credulity of your source...
But I can believe it...

-shakes fist in direction of China-

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The Pentagon spent hundreds of Billions...if not TRILLIONS on technology so we could protect ourselves with a smaller, more lethal force.

Turns out our smaller more lethal force....is worthless. If China can protect themselves from the scalar weapons...or defeat them too....it'll be their millenia.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Whether the source is credible or not, I can totally believe it was China. They got some smart cookies in that country. Those kids study 24 hours a day nonstop. I honestly can't see Iran being smarter then China.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

No it dosnt matter who brought it down the fact remains its a huge embarrssment for the US to have spent so much on something that is so easily hacked

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
a self destruct button would be pretty pointless in battle. all the enemy has to do is hack it and blow it out of the air.

and if the u.s. wasn't violating international law by spying over iran it would have not been lost in the first place.

I wasn't meaning a self destruct button. I meant there should have been a way that if the device failed to receive a signal for say "set" number of seconds from the encrypted controller device then it blows itself up. If it's hacked, it still blows up.

2048 encryption is not extraordinary encryption. There should have been a "key" from controller to device. You might can hack the device, but you can't break the key. So even if the signal is stolen, the device has a built in self destruct code.

As for the spying....it goes on. It always has. It always will. just because we aren't flying at 80-100,000 feet in an SR-71 to do it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Iran is viewed as an enemy. We spy on enemy states. All state do it or at least try to do it to other states they view as enemy states. So don't think there was anything special happening here that hasn't gone on for hundreds if not thousands of years.

If Iran had the technology, they would be using it on us. I am quite certain they are trying at least some way to spy on us too...if not from their own devices then by buying info from other places that can and do spy on the US.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

No it dosnt matter who brought it down the fact remains its a huge embarrssment for the US to have spent so much on something that is so easily hacked

Yeah...I would bet that it either wasn't really hacked because someone had some kind of inside information. Someone knew which frequencies to be watching on. And yeah...whoever programmed the security was apparently not very good at it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Originally posted by Bilder

Yeah...I would bet that it either wasn't really hacked because someone had some kind of inside information. Someone knew which frequencies to be watching on. And yeah...whoever programmed the security was apparently not very good at it.

Yes so at the end of the day someone in the Military Industrial Complex should be getting the mother of all @rse kickings around about now

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I have read that China can shut down power grids,crash planes...all sorts of stuff through hacking.

If war breaks out we will see what they can do. Could be soon.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It looks like Lockheed Martin might have an inside infiltrator giving out secrets, otherwise how would the Chinese take over control of the drone. I'd be doing a lot of checking at Lockheed Martin to see if someone is selling information.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

It really begs the question that if it came to a major conflict just how vulnerable is the US when they rely so heavily on high tech equipment,are the chinese sitting on a whole pile of nasty surprises

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
All speculations but no evidence. Certainly MSM (International & US) are all the same. They all know how to twist and turn or create a curiosity/wonder/amusement/fear/shock/stir the pot etc etc. We will never know until the information has been de-classified in the future (not sure how many decades).

There are several scenarios & possibilities including inside job(s) involving politicians/civilians/military.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
It looks like Lockheed Martin might have an inside infiltrator giving out secrets, otherwise how would the Chinese take over control of the drone. I'd be doing a lot of checking at Lockheed Martin to see if someone is selling information.

I thought along the same line that it could not be LM as a company intentionally providing information but certainly a greedy employee/contractor/spy/mole working for LM on the highly classified projects. This has happened before and people have been arrested for it as well. The intelligence agencies overseas can still exert certain amount of pressure to obtain information from many people just the way they did during WWII and Cold War. This works both ways. However the country that spends a lot on Defense is also a bigger target for such activities due to the amount spent in R&D. However this is just a speculation on my part. As I mentioned earlier, we will never know until its de-classified after few decades in the future on some documentary on TV.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

All speculation and no proof. It looks like its the current norm to push all cyber attack to China to drum up and pave the way for future "cold" war or whatever they have planned. I remember a post where they said China launched a missile which totally crippled a cruise liner off the coast of LA. Speculation galore. I wonder what they will come up with next. Maybe if the X 37B malfunctions in space they will say its China..what say you?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
considering how much money we owe China...i dont think it's out of the realm of possibility that they were given the take down codes clandestinely, but deliberately.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join