It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glad to Join

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have been a member for over a year now and check this site on almost a daily basis, but never really post in the forums. That's about to change, though, and as you can see I'm making an introduction thread.

My name is Brett and I LOVE this website. It has everything I need. To give a brief history of why I'm here, I will say the following: My love for the unknown started when I was in elementary school, when the first thing that really interested me (besides my dinosaur obsession when I was a toddler) was the concept of space. I would go to the library all the time looking at pictures of planets and wondering about the universe. This has stuck with me to the present time, and it makes sense that this gradually led me into the UFO/ET field around the time I was in middle school. It started out with the basics, but the first genuine book on the topic that I read was Erich von Daniken's Chariots of the Gods?...this book blew me away, and ever since I have been very involved in UFO literature.

UFOs are still my main subject of interest, but over time my interests started to include almost everything on this website. Throughout my high school years I would do research on my own time on various subjects to satisfy my curiosity. I formed my own conclusions and my own personal beliefs and "facts" that I hold to be true, or at least accept to be fact. The next main book that really changed my viewpoints on everything was Bob Frissel's "Nothing in This Book Is True But It's Exactly How Things Are". This book cemented in my mind that everything is tied together in one way or another (aliens, crop circles, spirituality, remote viewing, the universe, psychoactive drugs, dimensions, etc). I held this book to be my bible for the longest time, and though I don't view it as I once did I still credit it as my main influence for getting me into everything I'm into now.

Currently I'm a college student that attends Temple University in Philadelphia studying Information Technology. Besides the 30+ books on New Age (what I use to define anything that would be brought up on this website) that I own, I also own a few documentaries, magazines such as FATE, and am subscribed to Coast to Coast AM's streamlink service (that show is incredible and my favorite source of paranormal information). As I said earlier, I also browse ATS all the time, as well as many other websites. So it's only right that I start getting involved myself!

So hello everyone, I will be posting a lot more now, and I can't wait to be able to make my own threads (I feel like I have a lot of interesting things to bring up). I think the only other thing you should know about me is that I am also obsessed with music, particularly metal and progressive music, and play bass guitar. I am in a death metal band called Alustrium (you can find us on the Web at many places, including here). We are signed to Toil Records out of Philadelphia, have an album called An Absence of Clarity out in stores such as FYE and online on iTunes and sites like Amazon and CDBaby, and lastly have a music video for our song Degradation here. That is all I can think of for now, so I'll see you all in the forums!

P.S. My dream before I die is to see a UFO at least once

edit on 8-2-2012 by maidenforce19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
WeLcOmE!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hello ,welcome aboard and my standard gift of a Flag to kick your ATS career off

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by maidenforce19

Welcome Brett. Hope you enjoy your time here and good luck with the studies. I used to like all the UFO stuff too but since coming here...horizons have expanded.

Good to see you got round to introducing yourself and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

PS I have a bass but I wouldn't say I could play it just yet...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

LOL in my first read through i caught this all as

oh and a great big flag to kick your a** with!

HEUEHUEHEU!!!!!

lol and welcome!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Thanks everyone! And yes, I feel it's necessary for EVERYONE to expand their horizons and think outside of the box. My new favorite topic at the moment actually is remote viewing. It's crazy how it pretty much can answer any question (if you accept it as genuine, that is).

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Hi Brett, welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thank you, I will read over all that stuff. That will definitely help me as it's all conveniently in one post

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Welcooome to the woooorld of tomorrowww.........Shut up Terry!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

With your interests I am sure you would appreciate to read the book Zhuan Falun in my book signature below. It deals with dimensions, aliens, supernormal powers, how to develop supernormal powers, how to become a good person, the secrets of genuine cultivation of mind and body etc etc. It was published in 1992 by Master Li Hongzhi in China and sold 100s of million copies before being banned in 1999 by the Communists. The book explains the theory behind the high level Qi Gong called Falun Dafa - an ancient type of secret cultivation of mind and body which was made public in 1992.

I wish you all the best in the future..

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq
Welcome to ATS!

With your interests I am sure you would appreciate to read the book Zhuan Falun in my book signature below. It deals with dimensions, aliens, supernormal powers, how to develop supernormal powers, how to become a good person, the secrets of genuine cultivation of mind and body etc etc. It was published in 1992 by Master Li Hongzhi in China and sold 100s of million copies before being banned in 1999 by the Communists. The book explains the theory behind the high level Qi Gong called Falun Dafa - an ancient type of secret cultivation of mind and body which was made public in 1992.

I wish you all the best in the future..

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

I will definitely check this out when I have the time. I have two questions, though: Is it in print form as well (I hate reading e-books unless I have to), and have the practices in the book worked for you?

Also...this is my 20th post!! So I can finally start to make my own threads haha

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Welcome maidenforce19 to a Disney-like Park for Conspiracy Theorist...!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with a bunch of rides, so with that said...

Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret (ATS), the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure that you act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I love the connections to theme parks you got there, kept me interested throughout the post. I already started to read through those links/rules so thank you very much for providing them.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Yes of course there is a printed form of the book at Tianti books for a few dollars, let´s see what happens when you read chapter two... And yes, I struggled with bad health and allergies plus constant fatigue for 30 years. It is all gone and I sleep fewer hours and have much more energy, I did not take a single medication since I started cutivation about 3 years ago. Now I believe I know something about the meaning of human life and how to make the best use of it. Most people don´t appreciate being human but that is just b/c they enterred into illusion and forgot everything.. I am a physicist and did not really understand the connection between science and religion/cultivation. I advice you to check out something about the many world´s theory in quantuum mechanics to be able to bridge between the two. In fact Falun Dafa is just a higher form of science and it is multi-dimensional and in each dimension time can be fast slow, forward or past. By genuine cultivation everyone can learn how to enter into other dimensions during meditation, and then you will know many, many things you could not dream of now(your past lifetimes, the future etc)..

I wish you all the best!

PS: I advice you to go and have a look at the unique show Shen Yun if you have a chance, it shows how mankind evolved throughout 5000 years of Chinese civilization(China was the richest country in the world for 5000 years both in terms of finances and culture). After seeing that show you will truly appreciate yourself and you will become very happy and optimistic... There is a reason for everything happening in this world.

new topics

top topics

join