It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So depressed. Will never be able to shop at ebay ever again.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Some stuff on there is ok. but some stuff on there is way over priced if you ask me..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Any luck yet with them manhater?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
No, haven't heard back yet. I'll call them again tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Good luck then. I do get your frustration. Been in a similar situation before myself.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by grubblesnert

Some stuff on there is ok. but some stuff on there is way over priced if you ask me..
well ...........etsy does cater to a different customer than the typical eBayer.
Like I mentioned before my wife sells on etsy and I sell on eBay. I used to have an etsy store and listed the same items in my etsy store as I listed on eBay. Every item sold on eBay nothing sold through etsy. Same price, same item. same photo, same descriptive text and same username name for each site(etsy and ebay).All items ranged in price from $40 to $100 each (mid-century stuff) So go figure.

PS my wife said I was more cut out as an eBay seller because I communicated like a man. Straight forward and technical in my listings. She said her stuff sold because she presented with more feeling, like communicating woman to woman. She has done well on etsy.
Guess she was right 'cause I was an etsy flop!

Now eBay has done well for me
but I don't sell ladies clothes, mostly cameras and mid-century appliances

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Call my dad tonight and make him login into his account, but he'll give me a speal he's a busy man.
Hopefully then they will see the account was for him and we are in two different states.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If you did use your own email to speed the process for him, make sure he changes it to his.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

No, I never used my email to sign him up, I used his email, so I didn't get the welcome message. He said he'll login tomorrow after 9PM, I'll make him double check if my email is there, but I really don't think it is. After he verifies his account, hopefully, they can see that we are not linked. Only by blood.

edit on 8-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by webpirate

No, I used his email. I have no access to his paypal or email account. Only he does.

Doesn't matter, I have no access to OH's business account either, but just before that went tits up he used his account to pay for something for me whilst he was here on my IP.

Months later and I get the finger from them assuming I'm him on a ghost account.
Though why they think he went from selling manly stuff to buying kids and ladies things I'll never know...Mayhap they think he's had th'ormones and taken up wearing ladies knickers.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Originally posted by KnightFire
wow! Has anyone ever heard of a money order or a certified check from your local bank? The post office is still open folks and they are accepting new mail.

Apparently you don't understand how eBay and PayPal work. They are now owned by the same company. The preferred, standard and almost exclusive method of payment for eBay now a days is PayPal. Her complaint is because of this PayPal issue she can't buy from eBay atm.

I'm sure she understands there are other ways of doing things. But in the real world of eBay and PayPal, there really is no other way to do things. Maybe her complaint seems petty. Maybe it is. But when you've been a loyal customer to both for 10 years and suddenly you're locked out of your payment methods...which is the only one most eBay sellers accept anymore....it is not only frustrating, but complicates life quite a bit if you have a certain way of doing things.

She likes eBay. She likes buying from eBay...but try to find a seller there who takes money orders, or a certified check. If any of them still actually do, they probably add an extra charge for doing so. I know some people like you and many others don't like it. And nothing against you...but today's world...most things are done online. Like I said in an earlier post...instant gratification. For the buyer, seller AND the middle men in this case...both eBay and Pal Pal.

I completely understand how ebay works because I have been buying and selling things everyday since 2002. Yes ebay and paypal are the same company, but other forms of payment are an option if the sell so chooses. And 90% of the time, if a seller says the only accept payment through paypal, they will work with you on payment.

I understand her frustration and it is a little petty, but not. I'm just saying some people only look to what's right in front of them and not what's on both sides. If we only followed a straight line, then we would miss everything else in life.
edit on 9-2-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by danwolf
Just a warning about Paypal

They are not as bad as they were... but still... be careful!

Paypal was linked to my bank account and credit card before.... I made a purchase and they charged my bank account instead of the credit card.....

There was insufficient funds in my bank account (as I knew) but they tried over and over to process the transaction... over 20 times

I had to pay my bank 500 dollars in NSF fees because of Paypal's vicious attack on my account.

I phoned Paypal about this and they were completely unhelpful and useless.

Go into your paypal settings and remove the option to have money pulled from your bank account if the funds are not available. I learned this lesson the first time I used it and removed that feature. Never had a problem since.

My accounts are setup to only add funds and gets funds at my manual request only. Makes life with paypal easier.
edit on 9-2-2012 by KnightFire because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Manhater, I gave you star and flag because this is a very good conversation. I really do hope you get this issue resolved. Just consider other options for payment before you pull the plug on something that has been very useful for you.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The buyer and I have canceled the transaction until it's gets straightened out.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well paypal advise me to get a subpoena for my account. How dumb is that? They won't even tell me what the problem is, just that my account links to another account. I ask what account, and they won't freaking tell me. How aggravating, after I have been loyal customer for over 12 years, and they sit there and squash me like a bug. No explanation, no nothing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join