It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The case for ancient, advanced Humans.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
reply to post by GnabeCA

Archaeologists have said in the past that the earth has been advanced and destroyed at least seven times. And each time we get knocked back into the stone age. I don't care if it's a natural destruction or the hand of God, I still hate the idea.

I don't think any of us like it, but that is the way of things. And there are some things I have learned in this life, everything has a rhyme and a reason, there are no coincidences, everything runs in cycles, and there are three stages of life, birth, life, death.
The Cycle of Mother Earth is about to come to a close for this cycle, and begin a new cycle. Ready?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
We can either believe or disbelieve but we are forming our decisions on what we are told by the so-called experts in their respective fields.
Someone comes up with what appears to be a valid theory which is immediately followed by a de-bunking followed by a de-bunking of the de-bunker etc., etc.
My own feelings are that a lot of information has been suppressed (but by whom?).
What if the Sumerian Tablets were proven to be correct in that ET's of some sort, from somewhere, did indeed visit this planet thousands of years ago and did genetically alter our DNA to create what we are today.
(Here I must ask everyone to throw 99% of Zecharia Sitchin's garbage out of the window).
What if there was no God as we are led to believe there was in later Bible versions. Religions would be proven to be false although many would retain a spiritual faith in something as it is all they have to cling to. Would this result in mass suicides of astronomical proportions making Jonestown look like a weekend booze-up.
Are the scientists correct when they announce that our DNA was been genetically altered some 200-250,000 years ago and again about 10,000 years ago? There is no doubt that something very strange happened to our ancestors which has so far not been explained by viruses, evolution, cosmic events or climate change.
What was so significant in the DNA findings of the Egyptian Pharaohs that caused the results to be suppressed?
With all the excavations going on all over the world and all the new discoveries we don't seem to be getting much information really. Why?
Crop circles? Nah! A couple of drunk students did 'em! (I hardly think so).
Gobekli Tepe? Yeah! 12,000 years old but nobody lived there(!).
Puma Punku? Put it in the "Too-Hard" basket.
We humans are SO clever yet we have no idea why the Pyramids were built, how they were built, what purpose they served, who designed them and who built them despite thousands of theories.
Reptilians?
Greys?
ET's?
At least this has created unlimited subjects to discuss on the ATS Boards.
Have a nice day everyone.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
What if the Sumerian Tablets were proven to be correct in that ET's of some sort, from somewhere, did indeed visit this planet thousands of years ago and did genetically alter our DNA to create what we are today.

That would be astonishing indeed.

Not merely because of the alien intervention, but mainly because no Sumerian tablet says anything like that.

Harte

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

A few comments:

The excavations at Gobekli Tepe have uncovered only a small portion of the site. No one lived there? Perhaps, it may have been a ceremonial center, no one lived (AFAWK) in Stonehenge, the Giza necopolis or at an ahu. I suspect as they do more excavations they will find living quarters and the source of water.

Giza; this poor place is the most fringified place on earth, every theory in the world has been floated about. However the AE seemed to have thought it was a cemetary with tomb and based on the evidence we have I'll respect that untill real facts can show they were wrong.

Pumapunka, again another site where the fringe has thrown out so much nonsense its hard to see what it was, a well made site done so by the locals

As Harte noted; the Sumerian tablets say nothing about this, when you are throwing out the 99% of Sitchin you suggested - I'd recommend you throw out the other 1% - and stomp on it.

Which scientist made that announcement? I believe they used the term 'bottleneck' not alien insertion of DNA....however I await your evidence on that one
edit on 11/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'll agree with this post because I think there was an advanced race of beings here before humans. They may have originally been the same but they evolved a little differently and had longer necks. Sometimes traditional styles like where women try to stretch their necks have a basis. The Hopi talk about a race like this also. If they burned their dead there may be no evidence of their existance either. Their main cities could be under the sea. Their technology could have used the earths electromagnetic field properties. Just because we ignore the possible technology from the earth doesn't mean others did. In most places there are pyramids there are deserts nearby. Looks like they stripped all the clay to make them. That would have needed a lot of people or big machines or something. I don't know. If this is actually feasable, what happened to these beings? Sickness or the flood? Too many unknowns to be anything more than speculation. If bones of other beings would have been found by christians over the years they would have been destroyed because they didn't want anything that interfered with their way of thinking. They would have been called demon bones or something. It's good that most people have given up these weird ways now. A deformed child could have been killed three hundred years ago because of religious beliefs.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GnabeCA

Here are my thoughts. Humans are humans.....we ourselves have not "evolved" in the last 10k years +, therefore....the Egyptians, Sumerians, Babylonians, Mayans, Aztecs, etc etc etc had no more less evolved brains than we do now. They had no less knowledge, imagination nor thinking and doing capacity then we do today. Was there a more advanced society out there than scientist know of? Yes...us! They try to have us believe that ancient humans were these people with very little knowledge and know how, and have evolved to the higher beings we are today. Not so! humans of ancient times are no less intelligent then we are today (for whatever that is worth) And in some cases even more intelligent as we see from the amazing buildings and constructions. Those humans would be able to do what would be necessary to survive a crisis....today, we with our little hand held computers and machinery to do everything for us have become dumbed down. You can see this very easily...go to a shopping center on a day when the electricity goes out and watch house those behind the counter at the cash register cannot do their job because the cash register is not working to do the math for them! I can see now....1000s of years from now....people will look in wonderment at how those in 1970 did math with no calculators! LOL...claiming it to be impossible because we did not have the technology they will have with them. Technology causes us to become dumb, we lose our ability to think when we have machines and computers to do all the work for us., it causes us to lose knowledge.

If something came along tomorrow, destroying those in fields who build everything for us...construction workers, those who build our cars (and the factories with them) computers, phones, those who run the towers and facilities for us to have electricity and usage of our electronic devices. If we were thrown back completely to a world with no technological advances at all due to destruction, whatever that may be....war, calamity, etc, 1000s of years from now, when its all covered over with trees, dirt, sand, water? etc...and is found again, along with any writings, I often wonder.....will they be amazed? will they believe it all to be simply stories we made up? will they believe it to be myth? will there once again be another ATS with those on here having pictures of a computer part they found with c14 dating to our time and other saying "HOAX!" LOL. Thats of course only if something came along to destroy what we have today.....if not...if life goes on as it does now, with no destruction for 1000s of more years...what will have accomplished by then?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

I totally agree with you're post. We have become too reliant on this technology. People are using their brains to learn how to use a remote control and don't think they need to really learn anything because they can use the WWW to look it up again. They aren't learning the concepts of things.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by GnabeCA

Was there a more advanced society out there than scientist know of? Yes...us! They try to have us believe that ancient humans were these people with very little knowledge and know how, and have evolved to the higher beings we are today. Not so! humans of ancient times are no less intelligent then we are today (for whatever that is worth) And in some cases even more intelligent as we see from the amazing buildings and constructions.

So who is this 'they' who is doing this great evil?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

They is really not so secret. Its not some little mystery. When I say "they" I mean, those in the field of ancient history. Scientists, archaeologists, historians, etc. I'm not in any way saying that all are bad, or that any or bad. But they seem to guide us to the belief that those in ancient times, like the Egyptians, Sumerians, Mayans, etc, those of ancient culture were not as intelligent as we are today, not as highly sophisticated, not as capable. Much like the Europeans coming over to America in the 1500s and thinking of the natives as "savages" because they had no buildings or clothing, and therefore were not all that intelligent. This is simply not the case. The human brain is the same as it has always been from the time that Homo Sapiens arrived. There would be no change between our brain capabilities and those of ancient culture. But those in the field of history and science allude to, and seem to guide to the misconception that we have become smarter, more advanced then those cultures, when I personally believe that with all the evidence we have, that is simply not the case. In my opinion, they were the more advanced, we have become less advanced.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by Hanslune

They is really not so secret. Its not some little mystery. When I say "they" I mean, those in the field of ancient history. Scientists, archaeologists, historians, etc. I'm not in any way saying that all are bad, or that any or bad. But they seem to guide us to the belief that those in ancient times, like the Egyptians, Sumerians, Mayans, etc, those of ancient culture were not as intelligent as we are today, not as highly sophisticated, not as capable.

And why do you think that? They are not up to our technical level but you'll find the that the vast consensus of scientists do not hold the view you are assigning them. Perhaps you are looking at 18-19th century writings that tends to depreciated non white, pagan contributions?

Much like the Europeans coming over to America in the 1500s and thinking of the natives as "savages" because they had no buildings or clothing, and therefore were not all that intelligent. This is simply not the case.

The Aztecs and Incas had a very dim view of the Spanish in turn...

The human brain is the same as it has always been from the time that Homo Sapiens arrived. There would be no change between our brain capabilities and those of ancient culture. But those in the field of history and science allude to, and seem to guide to the misconception that we have become smarter, more advanced then those cultures, when I personally believe that with all the evidence we have, that is simply not the case. In my opinion, they were the more advanced, we have become less advanced.

Could you point to a few modern authors who so state this?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join