It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The case for ancient, advanced Humans.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There was ancient humans. They put the thing in lake vostok. it comes after iceages and "reboots" the planets inhabitants by speeding up a species evolution. They could not survive it in this dimension so they went higher, but they made sure intelligent lifeforms would come back eventually.

Here's a hint : ever watched the show beasties? in it when i new transformer arives it scans life and then copies it. This does not work the same. It speeds up a species evolution.

BUT we may survive the coming ice age if we manage to get it out. If an intelligent species comes into contact with this ball it will send them to the next dimension.

We will soon meet the rest of humanity. The originals, The higher ones, The gods, whatever you want to call them. All humans.

P.S. this idea just came to me. I am throwing it out there just because it popped into my head. I WILL NOT say message or higher telepathy. I just randomly thought of it. but i dont know if i agree with it. But in the mean time thats my post.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I picked it up from a religious radio program back in the late 80s. A preacher had called him as support for his theory of multiple earth destructions. I'd have to say it was fringe teaching or at least unorthodox.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by LeLeu

Anywho, if 3 different hominid species can coexist at the one time.

Co-existence isn't proven but we have found 16 distinct (well probably) hominina

I'm sorry but the latest research says otherwise, not only did 3 speices co-exist but it would
seem that they traveled too. Denisovan bones 40,000 years old were found in Siberia but
south pacific islanders bear their dna.

Nearly 500GB of data from the DNA of an ancient girl has been published for the first time. The genetic information - made available for wider analysis by intrigued boffins - was extracted from her finger bone and tooth, which were unearthed in the Denisova Cave in Siberia in 2008

The remains are estimated to be 30,000 to 50,000 years old and show that Neanderthals and modern humans were not the only hominids living at the same time.

Working with the new genetic data, boffins around the world are now attempting to nail down the fine differences between the DNA of Denisovans, Neanderthals and modern humans

The discovery also found that Denisovans interbred with Homo sapiens, with 5 per cent of their DNA living on in modern humans. Their descendants today live in Papua New Guinea, east Indonesia, Australia, Fiji and Polynesia.

www.theregister.co.uk

The results showed that Neanderthal DNA is 99.7 percent identical to modern human DNA, versus, for example, 98.8 percent for modern humans and chimps, according to the study. (Related: "Neanderthals Had Same 'Language Gene' as Modern Humans.")

news.nationalgeographic.com[ed itby]edit on 8-2-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ok first disqualifiers if you want to just skip my post LOL. I don't have any links, any expert opinions or any videos.

I have been 'sure' since I was young (i.e. 7years old) that advanced man has existed on this planet multiple times and nuked/(exotic weapon) ourselves back to the 'stone age'. The reasoning I have for this is, how quickly I believe we as a species would de-evolve after a mass population decline. Think about how much time per day you would have to put in just in sustaining yourself and your dependents. Then add in time to put some away for a rainy day and teaching the 'rest of the clan' your survival skills and receiving their skills (fire starting, flint napping), how much time does that leave you to continue teaching esoteric things like higher math, how to make paper (if you even know) and the list goes on.

And about the 'where are the skyscrapers', first thing we would do is utilize pre-existing materials to better our lives and then the rest would go to the elements. Additionally, for you archaeology experts out there, truthfully how much of a dart in the bullseye would it take to find a structure after glacial grinds etc... after 50K years?

Sorry for the long and semi-OT post.

-Zz

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
In so-called archeology, the scientist with the most clout gets to manufacture history. If an independent or little- known archeologist finds something his better- known peers disagree with, it gets buried. We don't know squat due to scientists and their pissing wars.

Of course aliens exist, but I am not willing to give them credit for all of our achievements. We need to bust open the Smithsonian and start from scratch with all of our theories.

Humans have been around longer than we think. 200,000 years, my foot! Try millions! Darwinians make me sick.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I wasn't intending any slaps at the dirt-diggers, I truly want an honest opinion of how slim a chance it would be to find relics from my suggested scenario.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

I'm sorry but the latest research says otherwise, not only did 3 speices co-exist but it would
seem that they traveled too. Denisovan bones 40,000 years old were found in Siberia but
south pacific islanders bear their dna.

Sorry you misunderstood my limited comment was directed at and was referring to co-existence of the 16 known Hominina - not the accepted co-existence of the Hobbits Deni, and HSS in Asia and HSS and Neanderthals in Europe

edit on 9/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Technomancer01
Ok first disqualifiers if you want to just skip my post LOL. I don't have any links, any expert opinions or any videos.

I have been 'sure' since I was young (i.e. 7years old) that advanced man has existed on this planet multiple times and nuked/(exotic weapon) ourselves back to the 'stone age'. The reasoning I have for this is, how quickly I believe we as a species would de-evolve after a mass population decline. Think about how much time per day you would have to put in just in sustaining yourself and your dependents. Then add in time to put some away for a rainy day and teaching the 'rest of the clan' your survival skills and receiving their skills (fire starting, flint napping), how much time does that leave you to continue teaching esoteric things like higher math, how to make paper (if you even know) and the list goes on.

And about the 'where are the skyscrapers', first thing we would do is utilize pre-existing materials to better our lives and then the rest would go to the elements. Additionally, for you archaeology experts out there, truthfully how much of a dart in the bullseye would it take to find a structure after glacial grinds etc... after 50K years?

People who live as subsistence farmers wouldn't change much, they wouldn't abandon farming to go back to hunter-gathering nor would fishermen.

The fossil record shows no such cycles for humans.

Glacier grind? Very easy I've searched at the base of glaciers for stone tools because they survive very nicely, if you crushed a European city under a glacier and then came and took a look at what was left you'd find hundreds of tons of glass, pottery, cut gems, plastic, ceramics, metals, radioactives, etc - ground up and crushed but still there. Where the ground is flat the glaciers don't move they just crush, and something don't crush very well.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I have been 'sure' since I was young (i.e. 7years old) that advanced man has existed on this planet multiple times and nuked/(exotic weapon) ourselves back to the 'stone age'. The reasoning I have for this is, how quickly I believe we as a species would de-evolve after a mass population decline.

Not all civilizations are at the same level at the same time. India was well into the Iron Age while most other advanced civilizations were still in the Bronze age and many other civilizations (North Americans) were still in the Stone Age (hadn't discovered bronze manufacturing.)

When Egypt collapsed, nothing happened to the rest of the world (except Greece and Rome then came in and took her over.) When Rome collapsed, nothing happened to Turkey or India or China or even the Mayans. None of the people in these civilizations "de-evolved" -- they were using bronze or iron or steel and after the collapse they continued to use it.

Think about how much time per day you would have to put in just in sustaining yourself and your dependents. Then add in time to put some away for a rainy day and teaching the 'rest of the clan' your survival skills and receiving their skills (fire starting, flint napping), how much time does that leave you to continue teaching esoteric things like higher math, how to make paper (if you even know) and the list goes on.

Reading and writing changed all that. When a civilization collapses, the people don't suddenly get struck with Mass Illiteracy and lose all their tools.

Additionally, for you archaeology experts out there, truthfully how much of a dart in the bullseye would it take to find a structure after glacial grinds etc... after 50K years?

As Hans says, easily enough. We'd be finding artifacts near the meltwater (this happens already) and in exposed walls of ice. In addition, humans tend to live in certain areas (places with easy access to water), making it much easier to locate old settlements.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Your theory is thought provoking and I wondered this myself for a while.

But then I got thinking about the lack of evidence, surely if an advanced civilization like us were here before. By now we would have found at least something left over.

Be it advance alloys which don't rust or deteriorate over time, certain plastics which take many thousands of years to bio-degrade.

Radiation for example, which if developed for power (like we have during these times) and then take into account mishaps like Chernobyl, Fukushima, etc etc (it's likely there would have been mishaps), some of these radioactive elements remain in the ground and abundant for thousands, millions, even billions of years.

Not withstanding all the Nuclear warhead testing that has happened during the cold war period. Surely something would be still present and detectable from those earlier advanced civilizations.

Finally, let's look at all the space debris we have circling our planet. It is a virtual junkyard up there, thousands upon thousands of pieces of space debris, none of which were there before the 50's or at least none that we know of.

I could be wrong, but given all of the aforementioned thoughts which came to my mind. I'd say that in all actuality, it's more likely that our species (Homo-sapiens) were genetically engineered from a 'native' Earth 'evolutionary' species by some other advanced civilization from elsewhere Out There.

I'm not trying to sell the 'God is an Alien' - 'Annunaki' or whatever else they care to call it, it's just logically difficult (more difficult for me at least) to dismiss when looking from all angles.

Or perhaps we really are the one and only advanced civilization to have evolved on this planet through evolution 'natural selection' after all ?

edit on 9-2-2012 by Riakennor because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2012 by Riakennor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Trust me all of the above
has crossed my mind many many many times and I don't have the answers for all or even many of the questions/rebuttals. But I guess you could call it a 'religion' for me, that I feel there is something major missing from our archaeological record.

-Zz

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Technomancer01

So what has sparked this belief?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Really it is a bastard-child conglomaration of alot of various theories out there that I have come up with. One of these days when I finally get my 20 posts to make my own thread I'll try to rationally write it out. (been on here since the site began and just stopped lurking in 2010 LOL and still don't have 20 posts).

-Zz

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Really it is a bastard-child conglomaration of alot of various theories out there that I have come up with. One of these days when I finally get my 20 posts to make my own thread I'll try to rationally write it out. (been on here since the site began and just stopped lurking in 2010 LOL and still don't have 20 posts).

-Zz

We look forward to your thread and a quick look at your details shows you have 25 post. So no excuses now!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The problem is where to start LOL, I have a sound theory of where religious beliefs come from (i.e. shamans seeing tribe members dying from raw pork, pork now against god etc...), Theory of crashed ufo being original adam and eve, having to prioritize what to pass on to children, making best of bad situation (i.e. AA battery stops working, baghdad battery created).

See what I mean about this being a conglomeration.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The problem is where to start LOL, I have a sound theory of where religious beliefs come from (i.e. shamans seeing tribe members dying from raw pork, pork now against god etc...), Theory of crashed ufo being original adam and eve, having to prioritize what to pass on to children, making best of bad situation (i.e. AA battery stops working, baghdad battery created).

See what I mean about this being a conglomeration.

Yes I do; one hint the date of the Baghdad battery was well after the ancient or neolithic time periods and it was probably made after the common era began, from 2-5 century AD.

One way to proceed is to plunge in and organize it as you get feedback
edit on 11/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The problem is where to start LOL, I have a sound theory of where religious beliefs come from (i.e. shamans seeing tribe members dying from raw pork, pork now against god etc...),

Sure, anyone can see the prohibition against pork.

Good luck explaining this one, though:

New International Version (©1984)
Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

Deuteronomy 22:11

The prohibition against wearing clothing made of mixed fabrics also appears in Leviticus:

19 “‘Keep my decrees.

“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.

“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Leviticus 19:19

I posted this to inform on the utter uselessness of trying to do what you have in mind.

Harte

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ah biblical sumptuary law! Or maybe god was concerned that you wouldn't look your best!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Anyone that wears permanent press is, therefore, consigned to an eternety in Hell.

Harte

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GnabeCA

Considering the point to the series is to play on " Anciten Aliens " it should come as no surprise that " there " explanation for such structures comes back to the alien answer .

Keep in mind it's entertainment , they present things in such a way as to give credit to there storyline . To put it short , they are in it for the money .

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join