It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The case for ancient, advanced Humans.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I just finished watching the first two seasons of Ancient Aliens, and while I am a huge fan of this series, there was one point which consistently troubled me...

Each time someone on this show references ancient megalithic sites, they seem certain that the knowledge required to build such monuments was handed down to humans by E.T.'s (the ancient "Gods").

Is it possible that they were not all "extra-terrestrial" as such, but were in fact Humans who had evolved in forgotten eras? Could it be that this Earth has generated successive waves of Humanity throughout its history, and that these earlier Humans are the "Gods" of the ancients?

Before we proceed, I would like to state that this is only a possibility to be considered and does not preclude the potential presence of actual ancient visitors whose origin is not the Earth.

Let's examine some of the factors which might suggest this is a possibility!

Factor 1: The age of the Earth.

According to Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org...) and conventional science, Earth formed approximately 4.54 billion years ago. That's 4,540,000,000 years ago. Keep this in mind, as this is an extremely long period of time.

Factor 2: The age of present Man. (Homo Sapiens)

Again, according to Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org...) and conventional science, "anatomically modern" Humans first appeared 200,000 years ago, and reached "behavioral modernity" 40,000 years ago. It also states:

Molecular evidence suggests that the last common ancestor between humans and the remaining great apes diverged 4–8 million years ago.

4 - 8 million years, in contrast to the 4.54 billion years of Earth's presence, seems like a rather small amount of time. Consider that this is 0.004 to 0.008 if a billion is counted as 1. In terms of fractions, 4 million years is 1/1135 the the total known history of the Earth, and 8 million years is 1/568 (rounded from 567.5). Imagine that the whole evolution of our current form took place within the tiniest fraction of Earth's lifetime. To add a visual perspective, if you had a piece of pie that was 1/568th of the total of the pie... you would scarcely be able to see your piece of pie.

Factor 3: Earth's history of mass extinctions.

If we look again at the Wikipedia article about the Earth (en.wikipedia.org...), it states under section 1.1 that the Earth has gone through five mass extinction events. These 5 major events can be read about here: (en.wikipedia.org...), and several gaps exist between these periods, anywhere from 50+ Ma (millions of years) to 140 Ma.

Interestingly, this mass extinction article further states that:

-Older fossils are harder to find because they are usually buried at a considerable depth in the rock.
-Dating older fossils is more difficult.
-Productive fossil beds are researched more than unproductive ones, therefore leaving certain periods unresearched.
-Prehistoric environmental disturbances can disturb the deposition process.
-The preservation of fossils varies on land, but marine fossils tend to be better preserved than their sought after land-based counterparts. (en.wikipedia.org...)

If within 1/1135 to 1/568 the total lifetime of the Earth, Humans diverged from our oldest great ape ancestors and became modern Humans, what could have occurred within the other time periods? The mass extinction article above seems to suggest that land-based recovery of ancient sites and artifacts is difficult at best, and is marred by many complicating factors. Could it be that somewhere, under vast layers of rock and water, there lay evidence of other advanced Humans from times before our recorded history? And if the Earth does generate successive waves of Humanity over vast periods of time, could it be that these ancient Humans became advanced enough for space travel? Could they be some of the "gods" described by the ancients?

I will add more to this topic as time permits. But for now, what do you guys think? Hokum or possible?

edit on 7-2-2012 by GnabeCA because: Accidentally posted prior to completion.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You might want to quote other sources other than Wikipedia to make your case stronger...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is a commonly asked question or observation on the forum

Could a non-human intelligent creature have evolved on earth before man whom we have not detected in the fossil record?

Yes it is possible but not probable. Based on the knowledge we have now it would seem improbable.

Could a group a humans had a 'pond of smarts' and created a more advanced group of modern humans, yes but again there is no evidence that this occurred.

All the present evidence shows a slow development that once we achieved agriculture and cities took off in some places and with some halts and digressions has reached what we have now.

The fossil and other records remain silent about any other 'civilizations'.

yeah and who taught them to haul rocks instead of using concrete? lol
edit on 7/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thegrayone

Agreed, good sir, and I shall. At this juncture it is simply speculation for consideration. As time permits I will look for actual evidence, and whatever I turn up (including any evidence that contradicts the subject matter) shall be placed herein.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
this is a VERY interesting theory! i have nothing more to add since my brain didn't come up and think me to say something important lol

this is very interesting.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GnabeCA

Archaeologists have said in the past that the earth has been advanced and destroyed at least seven times. And each time we get knocked back into the stone age. I don't care if it's a natural destruction or the hand of God, I still hate the idea.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
reply to post by GnabeCA

Archaeologists have said in the past that the earth has been advanced and destroyed at least seven times. And each time we get knocked back into the stone age. I don't care if it's a natural destruction or the hand of God, I still hate the idea.

Which archaeologist are these? Since that isn't supported by the archaological record. Do you mean fringe or religious writers?

Edited to add: Are you thinking of Richard Cremo? If so he is no archaeologist!
edit on 8/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Interesting. Possible but improbable. Well, at least it bears thinking about then.

I suppose that since we are considering extremely long timelines, we would perhaps need to dig very, very deep to recover any evidence to support this notion, possibly even underseas.

As a sidenote to this discussion, does anyone think that the stories of the "gods" in our history are factual accounts of extraordinary events? Or do we as Humans share a vast store of archetypes within our psychology that enabled us to create, as a means of explaining our world, virtually the exact same figures as "gods" throughout history?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It is believed by some that the ancient old civilizations actually lives moreso on a higher dimension,
Which is why the land of atlantis has eluded us for so long (at least, some actual structures and remnants), Its because most of the events of atlantis took place on a higher dimension,
Just a theory of course,

Here is a neat video that is kind of humorous and informative with source materials in it and books, but it depends on what you believe. Its interesting. Its part one of five. "The rise of atlantis"

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

Hmmm.. seven times? Geeze!

Just in reference to you hating the idea...

Is that because it's a rather doom-ish scenario, or because of the lack of supporting evidence? Or perhaps some other reason?

Also, which archaeologists have said this, do you know? I'll check it out, thanks!
edit on 8-2-2012 by GnabeCA because: Added clarifying question.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Hey, thanks! I love the spiritual science series!

Hmm, so some consider the possibility that a dimensional shift has taken place before? That might account for the lack of physical traces. Fascinating possibility.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GnabeCA

Interesting. Possible but improbable. Well, at least it bears thinking about then.

Based on what we know now. One fossil or one archaeological find, one sediment reading, etc would change that

As a sidenote to this discussion, does anyone think that the stories of the "gods" in our history are factual accounts of extraordinary events? Or do we as Humans share a vast store of archetypes within our psychology that enabled us to create, as a means of explaining our world, virtually the exact same figures as "gods" throughout history?

We are all human and we have the same emotions and desires, our religions that we created to explain the world are similar because we are similar. The best example is of the classical religions which had gods with very human emotions and desires.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GnabeCA
reply to post by AzureSky

Hey, thanks! I love the spiritual science series!

Hmm, so some consider the possibility that a dimensional shift has taken place before? That might account for the lack of physical traces. Fascinating possibility.

This particular mini series of the spirit science show is particularly fascinating,
Because all of the things he talks about are available to us!

That particular series has me reading "The Emerald Tablets of Thoth" ( PDF

And it is highly interesting because you can read it over and over again and different meanings pop out every time, and the makeup of the tablets themselves defies science! (Like a giant middle finger actually).
I'm also getting into the Sitchin translations of the Sumerian tablets as well.
There are also several books he mentions that im trying to get a hold of too! Highly interesting.

It would make sense why we have not found any trace of atlantis, The landmass was there but most of the events took place in a higher dimension. It makes a lot of sense actually. Perhaps there is more to life than what we see now.
. Too bad the ancients didn't think ahead and plan for this kind of society that 'doesn't get it'.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Such as Romans, Greeks, etc. Yeah. Cool.

Maybe it's just me but I do find the idea of a mass archetypal construct to be juuuuust about as amazing as anything else I've ever come across. That we can share a symbolic understanding, and breach national and political gaps with our shared experience... pretty nifty.

The wonderful truth about our experience is that it is amazing, regardless if it's spiritual or secular.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ancient aliens is good but they should keep Hogland off of it
Hogland is a tool, the moon is a spaceship geez

Look at the Neanderthal and Denisovans, they were'nt our ancestors. They were a totally
different beast coexisting with our own lineage. Neanderthal and Denisovans had stone tools,
language, funerary rights and probably much more as our ancestors mated with them
eewww
Most of us modern humans have Neanderthal or Denisovan dna.
[insert mother inlaw joke here]

Anywho, if 3 different hominid species can coexist at the one time.
Then I think that a prehistorical advanced race is also likely to have existed.
I dont think they would have been as advanced as we are now or we would be
finding plastic artifacts, but maybe at a medieval type of level with different/lost tech.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

Co-existence isn't proven but we have found 16 distinct (well probably) hominina

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
One of the problems I have with ancient alines is that they tend to make little sense. They want to claim there was an advanced human race in our past. Which honestly is not beyond a reasonable doubt considering the time periods that are poorly documented. But then they also want to claim that aliens had something to do with it when there is no proof of that whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
Ancient aliens is good but they should keep Hogland off of it
Hogland is a tool, the moon is a spaceship geez

Look at the Neanderthal and Denisovans, they were'nt our ancestors. They were a totally
different beast coexisting with our own lineage. Neanderthal and Denisovans had stone tools,
language, funerary rights and probably much more as our ancestors mated with them
eewww
Most of us modern humans have Neanderthal or Denisovan dna.
[insert mother inlaw joke here]

Then I think that a prehistorical advanced race is also likely to have existed.
I dont think they would have been as advanced as we are now or we would be
finding plastic artifacts, but maybe at a medieval type of level with different/lost tech.

If we mated with them successfully, then they weren't different species. All three were the SAME species.

Just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GnabeCA

It is because many current first nation people and tribes tell of their knowledge being handed down to them by Gods along with many many accounts of interactions with higher beings in various religions across the world.

reply to post by JoshF

Dogon tribe.
Enuma Elish/Seven Tablets of Creation.
Genesis.

There is evidence. Documented evidence. First hand accounts.

edit on 8-2-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
From the Book of Enoch:

[Chapter 6]

1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto 2 them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men 3 and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not 4 indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations 5 not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves 6 by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn 7 and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, 8 Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaqiel, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.

[Chapter 7]

1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms 2 and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they 3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed 4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against 5 them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and 6 fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

[Chapter 8]

1 And Azazel taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all 2 colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they 3 were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjaza taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, 'Armaros the resolving of enchantments, Baraqijal (taught) astrology, Kokabel the constellations, Ezeqeel the knowledge of the clouds, Araqiel the signs of the earth, Shamsiel the signs of the sun, and Sariel the course of the moon. And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven . . .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join