It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Afghan war a failure? There is all that opium money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Did you expect the Afghan people to embrace America? They are growing more opium now (poppy fields) and they are getting their cut. Everybody is happy.

--------------------------------------

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I thought it was us who controlled the opium trade now. Do you really think we're gonna give up a chance to control 90% of the world's heroin?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
I thought it was us who controlled the opium trade now. Do you really think we're gonna give up a chance to control 90% of the world's heroin?

A lot of people find a use for opium or heroin. The US possibly makes more from the illegal drug trade than all other exports. "Land of the free and home of the brave" or "We'll fix you up".

---------------------------------

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I dont think its something an afgan farmer can just start growing cannibis and herion!...It's controlled by the groups of terrorist's in the area. Farmer's are made to grow for them as a source of income for themsleves and for the groups, If they refuse they get a hard time of it at the least. And its upto our allied force's destroy them and keep paying money to farmers to keep themsleves. Thing is it pays well to a rural farmer and his family and keeps him out of trouble with the taliban. We cant destroy it straight away as it would endanger the farmer and plus we know where and what the taliban are doing at a certain time/times of year, as they quite down to harvest.

new topics

top topics

join