It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experience at the Colorado Caucus -- Share Your Experience Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well here are the results--

Gingrich: 4
Paul: 10
Romney: 2
Santorum: 19

I went to a local High School to vote, and my specific precinct is supposed to be a very influential precinct in my county. Yeah, only 35 votes where I was stationed, but it was one of three precincts that were all in the same building. I was going to record it, but felt no need. I did monitor the process, though, and felt it to be fair. No corruption here from what I saw. The votes were counted fairly and thoroughly, and I actually sat right next to the counter and glanced over to make sure she could count... She could.

Now I am a Ron Paul supporter, and I gotta say I am a bit impressed. With 35 votes, according to the media, he would get 4-6 votes. He got 10 which though could be better, is a strong second. Now here is what interests me... Romney gets two votes? The results seem so opposite from the MSM (and though I expect it), it is nearly completely backwards from the rest of the country.

Another thing to mention is that everyone got to speak that wanted to. I must say, the Ron Paul family
had the most actual politics to speak, and I got quite an applause (not to be cocky) from the whole crowd. The Santorum crowd wasn't dumb though and fairly good points (though I may not always agree) were brought around the table.
The one thing that I got vibes of though, that creeps me out, is that people only like Santorum because of who he is instead of what he does. That is concerning to me, but hopefully won't detour America from the bigger picture-especially because nearly everyone who spoke, Ron Paul or not said that would vote Ron Paul if he made it to the end! That is encouraging to say the least, assuming he gets there...

CNN is covering Colorado as we speak, and I am confused. Anyone know why they think only about 6,000 people from Colorado are voting?? Meanwhile Minnisota has about 40,000 and Montana has like 250,000 people... Makes no sense...

Anyway, feel free to ask questions, and talk about your caucus experience! Any Colorado voters out there?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I just can't understand how they are saying 30% of the votes in and Paul has less than 600 votes?? Even Santorum is only at 2,000 votes....horrible turnout??
Most large counties have not been tallied, (Including el paso where we are) however contrary to what people might think Colorado is a pretty big state with Denver and it's suburbs at 2-3 mil population by itself. I'm very disapointed at the vote turnout and more disappointed with all the fundies voting Santorum.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Only one question: Why do you think so many people where stupid enough to actually vote Santorum? Surely there must be a logical explanation... But for the life of me i cannot conceive of one

edit on 7-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

When people were talking about him, there was no true cohesive answer. The common response was that they were voting for him due to him being the farthest right. People said they liked him because of his family values and that they "like everything about him" yet I heard no real talk about policies and what not. The only reference to real politics when talking Santorum was references to Iran and how Ron Paul would just let us all die, or whatever
However, the odd thing was that everyone against Ron Paul seemed to know at least a little about Ron Paul... I don't know what is going on.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Has anyone posted the video of that guy being apprehended by Romneys secret service?
I wonder what he did.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by NeoVain

However, the odd thing was that everyone against Ron Paul seemed to know at least a little about Ron Paul... I don't know what is going on.

That is kind of easy to answer. When looking at candidates it is easier to see things you don't like tham to find things that you do like. Newt Gingrich would be his personal life Mitt Romney would be his business past and practices I couldn't really say about Santorum except for what I think about him personally but in the case of Ron Paul is essentially a good man but people do not like many of his political beliefs.

People just see faults easier. Because Ron Paul does not have skeletons in the closet that we know of people paid closer attention to what he says.
edit on 7-2-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Oh I bet you anything he said he was voting Ron Paul. And then on top of that, he refused the money Romney tried to use to win him over

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Touche. Though not knowing anything about your own candidate... does that validate that? Also, the the only open thing they refuted was Ron Paul's foreign policy. That tells me the people of the mid-west enjoy killing people opposed to saving people. How odd...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

OH! I just saw it on CNN... hahaha... someone threw something at Romney.... ha... I think I heard him say it was glitter! HAHAHA the guy got thrown out for celebrating!! HAHA

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

OH! I just saw it on CNN... hahaha... someone threw something at Romney.... ha... I think I heard him say it was glitter! HAHAHA the guy got thrown out for celebrating!! HAHA

the only thing Romney would allow to be thrown at him would be money. It would have to be hundred dollar bills or higher or it wouldn't be worth his time to pick it up. The man makes $70,000 a day and he is unemployed he gets that just off of interest.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I'm baffled by the low turnout as well. The only thing I can think of is that many Republicans are just very turned off by their options and may not like any of them since they have all had their turn at the top and they have all been attacked by the others.

It's not only Colorado that is experiencing low turn out. Even though Missouri had a bigger turnout than Colorado...it is still down from 2008....less than half when compared to 2008. Now...in Missouri...the vote didn't matter so I could see a lot of people skipping it. But Minnesota is also looking like it is low compared to 2008.

Tell me something about the caucus you attended...the 2 people (LOL) that voted for Romney...did they seem ashamed of voting for him???

The reason I ask is because CNN showed a precinct where 15 people voted for Romney. The reporter wanted to talk to a Romney supporter and no one would raise their hand to admit that they voted for Romney. I thought it was quite funny...but it also shows a problem for Romney. Even those that vote for him may not be very proud of the fact that they are voting for him.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Everyone at the Caucus had an opprotunity to speak about the candidates. No-on spoke up about Romney. Most spoke up about Paul, then Santorum then 1 did for Gingrich. So...no idea who those 2 folks were or what they thought.
edit on 7-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Not proud of being a romney supporter you say? I wonder why that is... Maybe they don´t want to admit they get paid for it, like these guys...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Everyone at the Caucus had an opprotunity to speak about the candidates. No-on spoke up about Romney. Most spoke up about Paul, then Santorum then 1 did for Gingrich. So...no idea who those 2 folks were or what they thought.
edit on 7-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Yeah...that seems like it is starting to become a trend.

I have a feeling people are voting for him without liking him. They think he has the best chance of beating Obama...but don't want to admit that they are supporting him...because they don't like him.

Just a theory.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I don't know...I'd act proud if I was getting paid for it.

I take pride in my work

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Here's a story. My mom is pro-Romney but she hates Rick Scott because his company was involved with Medicare fraud yet when I told her about how Romney's company was involved with the largest case of Medicare fraud and was fined more than any other company in history she didn't seem to care and still voted for Romney.

Her biggest thing is she wants someone who can the Obama and she thinks that it is Romney. I can't stand the prick.

Oh well........ everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Especially those who actually get out there and vote.

The only people I do not respect are those who do not vote and especially those that complain and do not vote.

On a side note I am leaving for Costa Rica for some fun and sun next week but here is a little known fact about that little country. Everyone of voting age must vote because it is the law. I wish we could pass a law like that.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

The only people I do not respect are those who do not vote and especially those that complain and do not vote.

Could not agree more!

On a side note I am leaving for Costa Rica for some fun and sun next week but here is a little known fact about that little country. Everyone of voting age must vote because it is the law. I wish we could pass a law like that.

Have fun in Costa Rica... unfortunately I disagree with you here. I people are forced to vote, they are more likely to vote how others tell them too. This leaves them fair game for the media... It's bad enough as it is.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Wow talk about improper influence at the voting places. Paying unemployed people to act as if they support you. While I do not consider this fraud necessarily, I think it is despicable that a candidate running for President would stoop this low. If they are willing to pay people to support them, will they pay off congress to pass legislation too?

new topics

top topics

join