It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian government launching offensive with missiles, possibly involving planes (LIVE FEED)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is a live feed, from Syria (claims the person operating it)...at least live for now. This is very graphic, and since it involves the "civil unrest" in that nation, I thought appropriate to post here. bambuser.com... You can hear missiles being launched hitting feet from the camera at some points. One of the missiles landed feet from the camera and you could see debris flying around the lens. Sometimes you cans hear what sounds like planes launching missiles. At the time of this post, this was a live stream.
edit on 7-2-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify, c/e

edit on 7-2-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

Secondary LIVE feed: bambuser.com... At the time of this post, this feed was live: Posted 12:13AM EST
edit on 7-2-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: Add link

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

this is very crazy. thank you for sharing heard the blasts while watching just now.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Um i live in almost the exact same timezone as syria (1 hour off) And it is pitch black here still, at 06:01 in the morning. In syria it is 07:01 and from that vid it looks like in the middle of the day... LOL.

i bet 5 dollars that is NOT from syria... But rather a ruse.

Edit: Also when listening to the voices that speaks, i can clearly hear inhouse echoes, like if they are in some giant sports center or arena... I´d say the sound effects are an overlay as well

edit on 7-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Um i live in almost the exact same timezone as syria (1 hour off) And it is pitch black here still, at 06:01 in the morning. In syria it is 07:01 and from that vid it looks like in the middle of the day... LOL.

i bet 5 dollars that is NOT from syria... But rather a ruse.

Well, it is possible, but by all accounts, it is indeed somewhere in the middle east, and there are not too many other countries there at the moment that have offensives like this going on. There is archived footage as well. So unless someone can translate the voices, where else might this be?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well it just went offline, but the footage is archived. So please take a look for yourself if you like.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Here is another Live feed from Syria as well: Same situation bambuser.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Wow this is definitely a live feed, anyone else watching hear those 5 minutes of nonstop fire followed by people shouting allah akbar?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I don't see any battle going on, all i hear is a prayer call and someone yelling Allah'u'ahkbar on an intercom in the back ground.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Wow this is definitely a live feed, anyone else watching hear those 5 minutes of nonstop fire followed by people shouting allah akbar?

Well...if you want to troll, be my guest. But it is actually morning prayers.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
BBC article to coincide with the alleged live feed...since a few posts doubt it as such. www.bbc.co.uk...

Syria's opposition has dismissed assurances that President Bashar al-Assad is committed to ending the violence sweeping the country. Mr Assad told visiting Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov he was prepared to co-operate with plans for stability. But Syrian government forces have continued pounding the city of Homs and other parts of the country where opposition is strong.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Just entered this thread and clicked on the op link. What I was expecting to see was battle ready missiles or military vehicles but what I saw was something beautiful. Kinda sad after I realized how close such a peaceful looking scenery is to the start of a war.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
A rainbow has appeared in Homs Syria as gunfire is heard and bombs go off. Al Jazeera is covering this live now www.aljazeera.net...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaworu
Just entered this thread and clicked on the op link. What I was expecting to see was battle ready missiles or military vehicles but what I saw was something beautiful. Kinda sad after I realized how close such a peaceful looking scenery is to the start of a war.

It's surreal seeing that rainbow & hearing some HEAVY gun fire with morning prayers
in the background.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

The odds...well I don't know how to calculate them. But it totally blows my mind. But this for me surrounds other events in my life today that possessed me to even make the initial post.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The live feed camera was nearly hit by a missile two times. I was watching it live when it happened.

Report based on live feed from Homs. Video footage shot in Homs, Syria and broadcast online. Over 4 hours of continuous filming saw intermittent gunfire through the night, some shelling during the day; and, two hits extremely close to the camera position. People in the area can be heard clearing glass as smoke, and dust, clears from a hit that shakes the camera.

The house the camera and live streamer (on twitter) @OmarShakir91 are in, was hit by 2 missiles. 8:14 two people appear on the lower right of the screen. On roof/balcony to presumably survey damage. 9:40 the people go back into their home. 10:45 that same house was hit by a missile. Also at 4:29 another missile hits at a distance away. Middle right of the screen, evident by the sound of a missile impact followed by white smoke.

The feed goes live at around 10:30pm Eastern time in the US. It is generally broadcast throughout the day in Homs

edit on 11-2-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: add

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
And the feed is up again. The beginning was nothing but a good 4 minutes or so of gunfire from tanks. Very close to the camera now. Direct link: bambuser.com...
edit on 11-2-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo, add link

EDIT: I speak too soon sometimes. Readded link to feed that IS live.
edit on 11-2-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join