It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Navy A Global Force For Good

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
If you don't pay back your loans your credit rating gets destroyed. To the point that when employers check your credit they won't hire you because of your terrible credit score.

Dude. You're on the right track. Listen to yourself and do consult with the professionals (affiliated with your degree major) in the industry and the Navy before making any decision(s). But whatever you decide, see if you can specialize and excel in the profession affiliated with your studies. Even the Navy has some very excellent projects after you retire from the service. You can be a technical expert or a subject matter expertise serving the navy through private sector companies supporting the Navy should you decide to leave after the first term. So you have a win win situation either way. You surely do not have to buy into the Navy Commercial on TV but see if you can utilize your education and apply to specific jobs while serving the Navy. You can serve a single term of 4 years and possibly continue or discontinue based on what you learn and how you feel at that point in time.

You are being responsible for your loan and doing something about it unlike many.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Sorry, you are wrong.
There are no absolutes. I know personally that,
1. they don't HAVE to be paid back. Life goes on.
2. there is life after a bad credit rating, meaning, you can get loans and you can get a good job. Maybe not where you live, but, you can move.
3. you can ignore all efforts to collect.
I am not giving advice. Do what you want. But. you. are. wrong.
As for the OP, you made your bed, you get to sleep in it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

actually i have 25 yr old bachelors degree in mathematics

also 25 years as a practicing Occultist and Invisibilist and left owing $ 600

after 10 yrs the uni sold the debt to a private collector
funny thing is he's still coming by every year around christmastime and leaving collection notices
after jacking up the debt to thousands
to my great aunts house [long sold after her death and we all moved out]
not mine.

IRS can't find you if they don't know where you are
and you're not stupid enough to pay taxes in the 1st place

don't hate me because you're still a slave on the farm

and i'm not

lol got yourself a mod notice i see too

so let's consider our conversation over.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

the boy got sold a lie: re employability
risk taker?
reckless gambler more like it

he's racked up $65K
on a skill for which the market for is over saturated

he's got a degree and could go for officer
but nooooo he doesn't want to pay the loan either [see his most recent thread]

so he's fine gambling on being able to kill without being killed to cancel his debt.

i've already made my point
and see no purpose continuing on this thread.

i've got 56 others in TooManyTabs waiting, 25% of which will probably be 404'd

toodles

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

umm no the op is criticizing the navy's ad campaign

the problem child is member FreedomXisntXFree

just so you know
see ya around

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by hp1229

he's got a degree and could go for officer
but nooooo he doesn't want to pay the loan either [see his most recent thread]

???
I saw the thread from his profile. I dont see a reference where he doesn't want to pay.

He seems to be a fresher and obviously he has the right motive (atleast for now). I couldn't find
anything referencing to him not willing to pay the loan (unless i'm going blind).

edit on 8-2-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Would you care to elaborate? I made my bed???

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Wow. Derepent whatever your name is......clown

You do you and I'll do me. Sorry I chose not to evade taxes and dropping my loans. Don't try to come here and act as if I'm "less" then you are. I rather live free then go to prison. You can think what you want but this seems to be my generations get out of debt fast plan. Love it or hate it. If it requires serving my country then so be it. I'm going to be proud when I formally take the oath to the constitution. I feel like I've already taken a silent oath.

Another thing. Your government isn't your country. Yes....you are an asset to the govt but I have learned from veterans that the "country" you fight for is the men around you. When you are deployed you simply do you job to keep the men and women around you safe. That is your job.

I totally disagree with the US's current foreign policy. Alot of people currently in the military disagree with it. Thats probably where the support for Ron Paul comes from. But when it all comes down to it they are their to protect you. That is their job. At least that's how it should be. All I want to do is say I served my country whether you believe I'm actually "serving my country" or not. Serving is about sacrifice. I'm willing to do that to help better my life in the future. This is world we live in. If you have a rocket ship I can borrow then please pass me the keys.

Otherwise keep your opinion of my decisions to yourself. Its already a hard enough decision. Like I've said before this probably wasn't the best forum to open this discussion on but I expected it. I've already ran through the mental battle of"you're signing up for a pointless war". Some people just gotta do what they gotta do.

JFK said it best.

Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Geez for a member of a websites motto that is "Deny Ignorance" you sure do know how to embrace ignorance.
2nd

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Dude, that's been their catch phrase for a LONG time. Like 10+ years. Where have you been lol?

On another note....I'm about to join the Navy. Take advantage of some Student Loan Repayment!

How orwellian.. force for "good"..lol.. since when is enforcing party leader orders to kill people... too far away to yell insults at an american, much less threaten one, "good"?

Aggressive wars and occupations by 1930s german troops was a "bad" thing.. so said "they". But now dc mafioso doing so is for "good", so "they" say... join the force for occupation, subjugation and banker gangster good!!..lol go to far away lands, meet interesting cool people.. and kill them. Be the 1st on your block to kill an afghani farmer who would have never gone out of his way to harm you or your family.. had you not gone out of your way to harm/threaten his.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Dude, that's been their catch phrase for a LONG time. Like 10+ years. Where have you been lol?

On another note....I'm about to join the Navy. Take advantage of some Student Loan Repayment!

The slogan "A Global Force for good" has only been used since 2009.

Some of the previous slogans have been:

1973-1975 “Be Someone Special”
1976-1986 “Navy. It’s Not Just A Job, It’s An Adventure”
1986-1988 “Live The Adventure”
1988-1990 “You Are Tomorrow; You Are The Navy”
1990-1996 “You and the Navy Full Speed Ahead”
1996-2001 “Let The Journey Begin”
2001-2009 “Navy, Accelerate Your Life”
2009-present “America’s Navy – A global force for good,”

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I like the advert, actually.

I know I'm probably the only one on here that does like it but it does appeal to the patriotic side of me.......and I'm not even American.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

I joined the Navy for the same reason. When I got to boot camp I discovered that was not in my contract. Be careful before ship off and make it is in your contract.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We need to get back the Military Draft, the media influenced our opinion allot on this but really it's better. No wonder you don't see any serious protests now, with a draft you would.

Especially when political figures got their son in war and died.

edit on 19-2-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join