It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NATO, G8 In Chicago: Adbusters Puts Out Call For 50,000 To Protest Summit

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

NATO, G8 In Chicago: Adbusters Puts Out Call For 50,000 To Protest Summit


www.huffingtonpost.com

Adbusters, the activist magazine which was instrumental in spurring on the early stages of the Occupy movement this summer, has put out a call for 50,000 people to come to Chicago when the city welcomes over 7,000 world leaders during the concurrent NATO and G8 summits this May.
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
socialistaction.blogspot.com.au
rt.com
www.huffingtonpost.com
chicagoist.com




posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The G8 and NATO will hold a simultaneous summit in Chicago this May. The world’s military and political elites, heads of state, 7,500 officials from 80 nations, and more than 2,500 journalists will be there.

After a five month wait the city of Chicago granted a permit for a May 19 protest march and rally but attached to the permit was a cover letter that states that the permit can be repealed by the Secret Service and Homeland Security as the date nears.

Do you think they will allow it to go ahead?

Should they allow it to go ahead?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
From what I research (elite, NWO, TpTB, Rothschild, vatican, etc) Seeing this and other connections, most notably the M.E issue, you can serious see that there is a connection that is becoming more obviously noticeable than ever before. The world is being staged and agendas are being implemented



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The rallying cry arrives at a moment where, still more than three months away from the summits, the city is warning downtown businesses to ramp up their security in anticipation of conflicts with the thousands of protesters expected in the Loop that some fear could mirror the intense protests at a 1999 World Trade Organization in Seattle.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

They are warning businesses to ramp up security.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch
 



Throughout the month of January, Chicago activists mobilized repeatedly to stop the city from passing a package of terrible restrictions on those who would organize demonstrations in the city. While there was much fanfare about Mayor Rahm Emmanuel backing away from fines of up to $1000 for a violation of one of the parade ordinances, from the requirement that any demonstrating group provide a peace marshal for every 100 protesters, and from restricting the time a parade can be in the street from two hours and 15 minutes to two hours, in the end, extremely unconstitutional ordinances have now become law. For example, resisting arrest, an act that has been defined in Chicago as going limp, can result in a $1000 fine. Organizers are required to pre-register any sign, with its content outlined, that requires more than one person to carry. The same is true for any sound equipment. Pickets on the sidewalk can be subjected to street parade ordinances. Multiple “violations” could result in a piling up of fees that make protest simply terrifying for working people.

socialistaction.blogspot.com.au...

Sounds like they are trying to make people fear being involved in any form of protest.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch
 



In the state of Illinois, an obscure eavesdropping law prohibits recordings of unknowing individuals. Even if a cop is caught clobbering a protester on the streets of Chicago, recording the incident can land both amateur photographers and seasoned journalists alike behind bars, where they could face sentencing on par with charges of rape and murder.

rt.com...

You can face a sentence that is on par with rape or murder if you are caught filming police brutality at the protest. That is insane.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch
 


They will allow it, I'd think. Occupy is a mostly harmless use of freedom of speech. I hope they don't do like they did in the 60s and plant agents in the mobs to throw stones and things at cops so as to start violence and give the movement a bad name. In the 60 and 70s the worst thing to most older people were hippies. On the other hand, I do wish they'd throw in some acid so I'd be more motivated to get involved.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch
 


I dont know man. I would hate for the protesters to do something stupid and spark an international incident. A lot of very important people (whose safety is very high priority) will be there. Tensions absolutely will be high.

I think they should let this go.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

The G8, NATO, The world’s military and political elites, heads of state, 7,500 officials from 80 nations, and more than 2,500 journalists.


These are the one's responsible for all the protests at these events. If they weren't there, there would be no issues. Why are they allowed permits if they are the real instigators?

I know it's not the way the World looks at it but...

Peace



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar
 





A lot of very important people (whose safety is very high priority) will be there.


I dont think they are any more important than the rest of us.

And if they want to run the world they make the choice to be targets of public anger/outrage.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by theubermensch

The G8, NATO, The world’s military and political elites, heads of state, 7,500 officials from 80 nations, and more than 2,500 journalists.


These are the one's responsible for all the protests at these events. If they weren't there, there would be no issues. Why are they allowed permits if they are the real instigators?

I know it's not the way the World looks at it but...

Peace


I agree. They love to rub it in our faces.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
reply to post by theubermensch
 



Throughout the month of January, Chicago activists mobilized repeatedly to stop the city from passing a package of terrible restrictions on those who would organize demonstrations in the city. While there was much fanfare about Mayor Rahm Emmanuel backing away from fines of up to $1000 for a violation of one of the parade ordinances, from the requirement that any demonstrating group provide a peace marshal for every 100 protesters, and from restricting the time a parade can be in the street from two hours and 15 minutes to two hours, in the end, extremely unconstitutional ordinances have now become law. For example, resisting arrest, an act that has been defined in Chicago as going limp, can result in a $1000 fine. Organizers are required to pre-register any sign, with its content outlined, that requires more than one person to carry. The same is true for any sound equipment. Pickets on the sidewalk can be subjected to street parade ordinances. Multiple “violations” could result in a piling up of fees that make protest simply terrifying for working people.

socialistaction.blogspot.com.au...

Sounds like they are trying to make people fear being involved in any form of protest.


Its pretty sad they fine people for protesting. I would take the fines as fast as they could hand them to me and I would gladly tear each and every one of them in front of their faces and laugh my ass off.

Though I have no job or income at the moment as finding a job in Michigan is truly a pain in the ass. Already up to my eyeballs in debt from a life or death surgery I had to have at 18. I'm 25 now and have had collectors calling daily. I really hate this system.

Its to the point I find it all pointless and a little funny how much of a role money plays in society.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch
 




And if they want to run the world they make the choice to be targets of public anger/outrage.


What the hell does that have to with it? These people come from totally different countries unrelated to our woes. Only "some" of "them" have any say on our problems. And those "some" are always here anyway. We can "protest" them any time. Why drag other countries into this?




I dont think they are any more important than the rest of us.


Yah, well they're getting the VIP suites anyway.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm going to try to go up there in protest. Not in my city



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
I'm going to try to go up there in protest. Not in my city


Protest what? What are you going to protest to these people who are from other countries? Huh?



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Put two and two together. NDAA would not go into affect for 60 days.

This event is right on time.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
I'm going to try to go up there in protest. Not in my city


Protest what? What are you going to protest to these people who are from other countries? Huh?


I don't know, I've never protested before but I heard you meet really interesting people there.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch
 


Wouldn't stop me.
In Toronto the police asked the public for help by asking photographers to send photos.

I don't see how this is beneficial... to anyone.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar
 


The main point being....
You're there, and you're watching...
You don't see people running out to the streets to greet these people nope. When they arrive they turn cities into ghost towns.



posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's not the protesters I worry about. It's the people who are going to be taking advantage of the police being busy.

Last summer in Chicago there was a huge problem with gangs of people beating and robbing people in crowded areas in daylight. A popular beach had to be closed because of it.

To be sure the first priority will be to keep the rich elite safet - which I'm sure they will do. The protesters know what they are doing too. There might be some stuff thrown or tear gas but nothing major.

What I worry about is what is going to happen with the lack of police coverage outside the loop.




top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join