It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Is Waiting On You To Liberate Yourself From Ego!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I see what you are trying to do. However, it seems you still are unaware of the grand paradox in what you are saying. It is a paradox that creates an inconsistency and incoherence within the mind, and on a massive scale. You are essentially trying to mend two incompatible perspectives into a single unifying theory. Thus you are forced to resort to semantics and/or begin redefining certain terms to give them compatible meaning. Ultimately, you are making a statement about unifying two very different perspectives, something of which has no bearing in the traditional use of the term "liberation".

Enjoyed what you wrote though, you are a pretty good writer.

"What is the ego then? It is something intermediate between the inert body and the Self. It has no locus standi. If sought for it vanishes like a ghost. At night a man may imagine that there is a ghost by his side because of the play of shadows. If he looks closely he discovers that the ghost is not really there, and what he imagined to be a ghost was merely a tree or a post. If he does not look closely the ghost may terrify him. All that is required is to look closely and the ghost vanishes. The ghost was never there. So also with the ego. It is an intangible link between the body and pure consciousness. It is not real. So long as one does not look closely at it, it continues to give trouble. But when one looks for it, it is found not to exist." - Ramana Maharshi

"In reality there is no person, only the watcher identifying himself with the 'I' and the 'mine'." Nisargadatta Maharaj

Destroy 'the ego', hound it, beat it, snub it tell it where it gets off? Great fun, no doubt, but where is it? Must you not find it first? Isn't there a word about catching your goose before you can cook it? ........The great difficulty here is that there isn't one" Wei Wu Wei

"Not to identify oneself with something, or to associate things with the 'me' and to see that the idea that there is a 'me' is a delusion. That is true wisdom." Dalai Lama

"There are many persons who have a great attachment to their own individuality. They want first and foremost to remain as an individual and then search, for they are not prepared to lose that individuality. While retaining their identity, they want to find out what is the truth. But in this process, you must get rid of the identity itself. If you really find out what you are, you will see that you are not an individual, you are not a person, you are not a body. And people who cling to their body identity are not fit for this knowledge." Nisargadatta Maharaj

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

The quotes you provided are regarding the psychological Freudian concept of the "I" or the "me", and I do not disagree with the quotes.

Lets take it a step further than Freud and psychology. Ego is traditionally presumed to be a fragmentation of the psyche. So to boil it down to its raw fundamental quality, ego is fragmentation and separation. This thread is discussing the quality of fragmentation and separation, not the concept of Freudian Ego.

"Liberation" in this thread means "freedom through understanding", and is not implying escape, destruction, or demonization.

Thoughts think, emotions feel, and perceptions perceive. We are the watchers of our mind, we are purely consciousness, we are 'I AM'. We are the world and the world is us through the observer observing.

This thread, with its harmonious reconciliation of unity/oneness with separation/fragmentation, is regarding this physical, relative-subjective life as a human being.

Even after all of this time, I am having the same experience: when I read your replies I do not disagree with what you are saying. In my mind it seems as though we are on the same page. But when you reply, you make it is though we are in complete disagreement. I'm having a hard time pin-pointing exactly what it is we have not yet worked out.

Peace my brother.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeIsEnergy

With sincerity, thank you for being a mirror reflecting the light.

With Love,
Your Brother

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

diminished ego yes , but complete liberation no!

otherwise we wouldn't know whose mouth to feed at dinner time

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

and this is why I believe that identity /gender politics are all just ego based unconscious thought

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Hello, and Peace sapien82!

I used "liberation" in the sense of being free from Ego's blinding imprisonment and limiting illusions (freedom through being aware of Ego),... not in the sense of severing-off or eliminating Ego, because it is obvious that we need the perspective of individuality in order to experience and function as a sentient human.

We have Ego, we need Ego, but we need not be its blind puppet.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Greetings my light bodied friend!

Yeh I had a sudden moment of realisation when I read back my post on the last page and spotted you had relayed the same information to a previous poster!

I always catch my ego trying to be a total dick !
and call it , i say hey you stop being a total dick
it's really funny when you catch the ego doing that , I feel like its either a total throw back to our animal ancestory or some space parasite which has embedded itself in our dna

Its interesting in any case

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

No Separate Self Yes, everything is made of this basic energy, and it is this basic energy that connects every thing to every thing; there is no 'separate self.' Not one single thing can originate, exist, or be sustained 100% alone, on it's own, without using or depending upon something else. Look deeply. All of the separation is superficial!

The "ones-ness" of everything is much more profound and does not merely refer to the interconnection and codependency of one form with another. Essentially and Fundamentally, I am what is looking out of your eyes, and you are what is looking out of mine. There is just One.

It is said that there is no dialogue happening anywhere in the Universe at any time. It is all a monologue.

edit on 30-3-2017 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
Liberation means to set free from imprisonment or bondage. We need Ego for our existence, but we must not be its prisoner.

The word 'ego' seems to imply a 'thing'. It as if there is a 'thing' (you) that has this other 'thing' (ego) and 'you' want rid of this 'thing' (ego).
What if there are no things at all?
What if 'ego' is an activity and not a 'thing'?
'Selfing' is not needed for existence to be. But 'selfing' is needed for 'your (separate)' existence to appear real.

edit on 2-4-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Visitor2012

No Separate Self Yes, everything is made of this basic energy, and it is this basic energy that connects every thing to every thing; there is no 'separate self.' Not one single thing can originate, exist, or be sustained 100% alone, on it's own, without using or depending upon something else. Look deeply. All of the separation is superficial!

The "ones-ness" of everything is much more profound and does not merely refer to the interconnection and codependency of one form with another. Essentially and Fundamentally, I am what is looking out of your eyes, and you are what is looking out of mine. There is just One.

It is said that there is no dialogue happening anywhere in the Universe at any time. It is all a monologue.

I agree!

“I salute the light within your eyes, where the whole universe dwells. For when you are at that center within you and I am at that place within me, we shall be one”

- Chief Crazy Horse

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Liberation means to set free from imprisonment or bondage. We need Ego for our existence, but we must not be its prisoner.

The word 'ego' seems to imply a 'thing'. It as if there is a 'thing' (you) that has this other 'thing' (ego) and 'you' want rid of this 'thing' (ego).
What if there are no things at all?
What if 'ego' is an activity and not a 'thing'?

Precisely! It sounds like we're on the same page
In the op, I elaborated:

"Ego is the influence within our reality that creates and perpetuates the illusion of separation among the unified fundamental energy of existence. Ego is the gift giver of relative and subjective experience. Ego is the dividing and separating force of existence. Ego allows the many to manifest from the one. Ego allows the infinite pieces of One to perceive a superficial individuality and individual identity.

edit on 4/3/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Superficially, in order to discuss the indefinable and ineffable;

This thread is suggesting that we be aware of 'this' subtle influence (superficially called; Ego), and by conscious awareness of this influence, we cease being blind slaves to this influence.

No killing of the self,... no killing of any egos,... no denying or rejecting anything,... and no creating concepts for our intellectual meanderings,.... just a simple conscious awareness of the influence.

edit on 4/3/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

if we are all one then why are there those that act without conscious thought , like there are those that are aware and conscious then those that arent , are they a representation of the unconscious mind
and there simply will never be a peace like we dream of because there has to be an opposite to the awareness and conscious thought .

Like I said we all know there is a cheat code , but how do we use it ?

I try every day to be conscious and aware and not listen to the childish demands of my own ego
then why isnt there peace on earth ?
surely if we are all one then why are we so divided , if its all a self referential conversation to gain understanding of the one , if its all just consciousness creating life to understand its own existence then why is there negativity.
well i can only conclude that we need the negative in order to learn and gain more complexity

yeh I dont know very much

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No killing of the self,... no killing of any egos,... no denying or rejecting anything,... and no creating concepts for our intellectual meanderings,.... just a simple conscious awareness of the influence.

Our mind is incredibly powerful at categorizing sensory input. But left unbridled it catagorizes "a car" into "that car is nicer than my neighbors car" into "I want that car". Which takes on a life of its own.

The I AM (from our heart/soul) isn't interested in any of that rubbish. So the quote "The mind makes a wonderful servant, but a terrible master" is perhaps the key.

So I feel you are correct. Its not about denial, its about realizing our true self.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join