It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government 'may sanction nerve-agent use on rioters'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Their argument : Russia does it so it's ok.

Government 'may sanction nerve-agent use on rioters', scientists fear

Leading neuroscientists believe that the UK Government may be about to sanction the development of nerve agents for British police that would be banned in warfare under an international treaty on chemical weapons.

A high-level group of experts has asked the Government to clarify its position on whether it intends to develop "incapacitating chemical agents" for a range of domestic uses that go beyond the limited use of chemical irritants such as CS gas for riot control.

The experts were commissioned by the Royal Society, the UK's national academy of sciences, to investigate new developments in neuroscience that could be of use to the military. They concluded that the Government may be preparing to exploit a loophole in the Chemical Weapons Convention allowing the use of incapacitating chemical agents for domestic law enforcement.

But the Royal Society working group says the Government shifted its position to allow the development of more severe chemical agents, such as the type of potentially dangerous nerve gases used by Russian security forces to end hostage sieges.

Now you know why they want DRONES in the sky approved.

That's just my opinion but if ANY government uses that on protesters, there needs to be a revolution.

Not even ASSAD uses chemical weapons on it's people and I'm sure if he does, the western world will scream murder and rightfully so, but at the same time, they are developing them... bunch of hypocrites, as always.
edit on 7-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think this topic was posted up earlier today:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But yeah, it is worrying times ahead of us..
edit on 7-2-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

is this the same stuff they outlawed after WW1 ?

or was that mustard gas ?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thank god, I don't feel i should have to have my things repaired if a sports team wins or loses or if someone decides to "Occupy" a location near my house. Last time that happened someone "non-violently" and "peacefully protested" my shop windows into a million pieces . This was of course explained to me by some random bits from the constitution written on the walls in sharpie marker and of course the paint they left on the front.
I say just gas them, they are going to make everything sound like the holocaust is being carried out again. Let them be a wolf next time they cry wolf for once.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I wonder how soon they'll use it on "Occupy"?
-Aren't they supposed to protest the G8 Summit in the states?
Then they can justify its use against the Tea Party, Paul supporters. . . . . er. . . anyone that isn't for Obama.

Just how they planned it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Feel free to express your thoughts and opinions in the existing thread on this topic, which can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you,

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join