It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Witnesses Interviewed on Russian TV (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Source

Residents in the remote village of Chelyabinsk, Russia, were interviewed on national TV about a UFO they'd witnessed recently. The footage does show a circular, unidentified flying object ringed by flashing lights which doesn't look like any known aircraft.

The remoteness of the area makes the possibility of some kind of private advertising service, or sky writing, unlikely. What is the object which has the citizens of the village too scared to sleep at night?

In the TV news piece, naturally in Russian, it's clear what the witnesses are saying to the reporter, even without translation. A news crew films the area in which the UFO was flying at night and shows that, in the daylight, it's obviously a frozen wilderness and not any kind of an airfield.

Video is a news source and it is all in Russian...

So is this just a hoax of a RC craft with some lights on it or legit?

The place where this was filmed seemed remote so if it ends up being identified as an RC or something of the like then it was a deliberate hoax and we should cut off the offenders testicles.
Just kidding.

It appears to tilt back and forth which makes it a little fishy to me, but, it is interesting none the less amd had to share it here with all of you.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Would be great if one of our Russian speaking brothers could translate for us, but like the OP says its pretty obvious whats gone on and the locals seem disturbed by it, would really like to hear what was said though. Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Interesting piece, even though I speak no Russian. The video clip is pretty cool. It seems to link and seperate a couple of times, not sure if that might be a clue to its origin. Still, cool find thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Time to call out fellow Russian ATS members, who can give us a transcript into the conversations between the witnesses & the reporter.

2nd

edit on 7-2-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I just had a look at the video, I don't have time to write up a full transcript but I'll list the main points.

Apparently the lights have been showing up regularly for a week or so. They appear to be over a swamp which I assume is frozen over. There's nothing there that should cause these lights to appear. The older man toward the end of the video said that the lights reminded him of a train from a distance expect that they were in a spiral and in the sky.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Thankyou very much Insane1, maybe its swamp gas that cant get back in the swamp due to it being frozen?, earth lights like hasselden (sp) Norway. Hopefully we might get some better footage if it keeps appearing. What were they setting the trip wire up for? was it connected to a camera? , again thanks in advance for your time. cheerz chaz

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Nice footage. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if some of the UFO images that have been reported over the years by various countries msm are to try make another country/enemy country think that they might have higher tech than they actually do.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"remote village of Chelyabinsk, Russia"... is enough to ring an alarm bell,
since even the simplest wikipedia search would show it's a major metropolis.

But the TV refers to a small town outside of Chelyabink. Confusion typical of any preliminary report.

Sometimes I'd swear, you can tell a "UFO buff" by how eagerly they seek cases 'far away and long ago', "fairy-tale mode" I call it, preferably in foreign languages, to be immune against 'debunkers' and their dismaying disproofs. They don't want cases that can be researched, instead they cling to the latest cases because they CAN'T be adequately researched -- it's a defense mechanism against reality. This case may wind up unsolvable merely by being in Russia.

Even if you don't speak Russian, you can search for Russian news stories either on google or at www.yandex.ru,
and enter the Russian for UFO -- нло -- and spell out [or get from a Russian-language map] the name of the locality you're interested in. In this case челябинск.

How long would it take an intelligent adult to learn the cyrillic alphabet? Four hours? Eight? Twelve? It's mostly Greek already, for crying out loud. Try it.

Then you get plenty of hits, for example this:
www.dostup1.ru...

....and with help from babelfish you find out SOME videos were taken вечером в пятницу, 23 декабря, on the evening of December 23, in the Urals. That was a rocket launch. But is this the same story?

Now, the youtube video gives the date of february 3 -- so is it another case,
or just careless news reporting. Let's check further.

Here's the youtube direct link:
www.youtube.com...=205s

Comments of original poster:

Uploaded by Omega3257 on Feb 4, 2012
Inhabitants of a small Ural town worried about the problem of extraterrestrial civilizations. A few days ago they saw in the sky, an unidentified flying object, and since not feel safe. No one ufologist in the county was not so anxious to answer the questions people had to rescue. However, their glowing balls over the taiga is not interested. His impressions and neighbors to share with our correspondent Artem Kolodkin ...

It's too easy to mix up different stories into one big story -- sloppy journalism, language difficulties, etc. Jumping to any conclusion early can wind up embarrassing anyone, me included.

edit on 8-2-2012 by JimOberg because: updates and diplomacy

new topics

top topics

join