It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Girl Killed by Obama: She "never saw it coming"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is a pretty sick thread, using the death of a girl to make a political statement, how low can you go?

These 'effing drones are a scourge to be sure, but read the articles and see that there were follow up strikes by aircraft as well, while reporters on the ground are trying to get fatality figures for those as well. There is no doubt that Obama is both wrong, misinformed and far too fatalistic when it comes to Johnny foreigner, now you tell me the difference between him as president of the US of A and that cretin GWB. Does it get better or worse, 'cos I don't know! Is the president in charge or is he not, does any one president have the same security clearance as any other, (no he does not, if you believe some sources) and yet the president is supposed to be the CIC.

So who is really running the country, that's what needs to be sorted, get the gremlins OTF.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

Your arguing about constitutional discrepancies that I am aware of and are unimportant. Was it really necessary for me to explain Obamas constitutional obligations to congress in the event of a formal war?

Your first mistake was asserting the Presidents only responsibility was to declare war. This forced others to correct your mistake of fact. Your mistake now is present yourself as the "explainer of things". You've not done such a hot job of explaining anything thus far, perhaps you might do better to consider a discussion at this point, rather than viewing your posting obligation through the filter of the "explainer of things".

Your assertion that it is unimportant that the President has no lawful authority to declare war is not only inexcusably ignorant, it is absurdly dangerous. There is a reason that only Congress can declare war, and why the President was made - among other responsibilities - the Commander-in-Chief. The separation of war powers is distinct and clearly laid out by Constitution. It was only later, much later, that Congress would legislate the War Powers Resolution, but even this legislative act is just a reassertion of Congress authority to declare war and to demand that any "excursions", "conflicts", or "adventures" the Commander-in-Chief feels he, or she, has the prerogative to play in, he must first gain Congressional approval to do so.

Even the rules of military conduct are under purview of Congress. Congress writes the rules, it is the Commander-in-Chief who must abide by them and enforce them upon the military's he, or she, is responsible for. The Commander-in-Chief is the one responsible for the military carrying out their objective under the rules of war set by Congress. The ultimate responsibility of War lies with Congress. The ultimate responsibility of the consequences of war lies with the President.

The primary importance of these separation of powers is that it facilitates the oaths these people took to uphold the law, support and defend the Constitution. Congress is not obligated to acquiesce to a military dictatorship any more than the President is obligated to fight unjust wars - both are free to act lawfully.

I understand this is not how it has been lately, that "Congressional approval" has become a wink-wink code for "okay Mr. President, do whatever you want, just don't make us look stupid." However, this type of legal shenanigans is costing this nations trillions of dollars and worse, human lives. The Constitution is not "unimportant". That Constitution is very important, particularly when it comes to war. Your continued dismissal of Constitutional restraint and insistence that the President's only responsibility in war is to declare it, even in the face of being irrefutably corrected on this mistake of fact, is a big part of the problem.

The pablum you are posting is misinformation about the Constitutional war powers is just bad propaganda, with the only apparent intent of blindly defending a sitting President.

Backpedal all you want. The Constitution is far more important than you think it is. Sooner or later all that backpedaling is going to lead you with a collision course with the law.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hey, OP, assuming you're an American, I have news for you;
YOU killed that girl. And so did I. And everyone else who went to work, paid their taxes, and did or didn't participate in the crooked electoral process that we have. The folks at The Pentagon, the NSA,CIA,DIA,FBI, the County Sheriff, the local cop, the turn-key at the jail, all of these folks do your dirty work. And mine too.
That's the way it is.

By your measuring stick, everyone in any position of authority is a killer, a jailer. Perhaps this is true in a Universal kind of way...but I ask you, what have YOU done to make things any better?
Where are your fresh ideas on how to run the world? We'd love to hear them.......
Any fool can sit at home on his or her computer, watch TV, and criticize everything whilst verbally shooting from the hip. The world needs more than that. What is needed are viable, alternate solutions that are equitable for everyone. Including what is best for the ecosystem.
I can tell you now, I sure as hell don't have the answers at all. I simply don't know what it would take to "fix" things.
But obviously, you have a grip on the situation, so, let's hear your ideas.....

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

I love these campaign slogans you've got there...

Obama 2012 Hellz yea!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldcoin
Win the Nobel Peace Prize

-Bomb Libya
-Kill Americans without trial via drones
-Arrest Americans indefinitely without trial

Vote Obama 2012

Strike "Bomb Libya" off there because the people of the country asked for a UN embargo and got it so it wasn't just the US at all, in fact America mostly stayed away from Libya so if people would give me 56 stars for correcting this post, that'd be great.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

-Bomb Libya

Vote Obama 2012

Well what did ya expect? he tried to compare himself to Lincoln during the campaign! After that, you seriously didn't see it coming?

Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus, arrested and imprisoned Americans indefinitely without trial.

Lincoln killed Americans by the boatload without trial, and could only wish he'd had drones to do it with, instead of doing it the old fashioned way.

You seriously didn't see it coming?

edit on 2012/2/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Absolutely agree, many people on here clearly have a very warped sense of reality. What are you going to do we live in ignorant america where everyone believes what they see on TV or a crappy youtube video. At this rate I should start saying that Mitt Romney has killed Millions with awful firestone tires since he's the owner of Accuride... Remember all the recalls on them in the early 2000's I think he purposely did that to make Americans die during high speed driving since they had an extremely high blow out rate, he went into the factories and changed the process just so this would happen. These are the types of things we gulible morons of the USA will eat up! Insane!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

I'm no big Obama fan, far from it...but just who are the Americans he's killing via drones, and jailing indefinitely.

The whole reason Gitmo works (legally) is because they are not American citizens or lawful combatants (so Geneva doesn't apply).

As for the drones, just which Americans are inside terrorist camps? Yes, I'm sure there will be some innocents killed in such raids. However, you have to have some perspective on it. Ever look into how many innocents were killed in past warfare engagements? Our military activities have been absolutely surgical in comparison, in the past two decades. Also, some blame has to be with the terrorists, knowing they are wanted criminals, and yet putting those kids in harm's way.

Just what is your suggested alternative? Not take them out when we know their location?

Nobody wants to see an innocent killed, but there is always collateral damage in warfare.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
im waiting for the re-make of this film where she sees it coming

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

-Bomb Iran.
-Continue to kill Americans without trial via drones.
-Not repeal the bill that allows the arrest of Americans indefinitely without trial.

Vote Romney 2012.

You actually see some kind of difference between Romney and Obama?

Really?

Sure, it's campaign season, so they talk different, but take a look at their past actions, and try to tell me you see some kind of difference.

Try to say it with a straight face.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
Obama might be the commander in chief, but he is certainly not personally responsible for all of these civilian deaths, and is even more certainly not a "psychopath".

Its not Obama's job to make military decisions beyond declaring war. A lot of the time, when missles are flying and commanders are directing from above, things go awry. Not that this justifies killing civilians, but Its simply a fact of warfare.

Take General Macarthur's command decisions during the Korean war, for instance. Despite being told on multiple occasions not to cross the 38th parallel, and not to attack into Manchuria or the Soviet Union, he defied orders and the US army did both these things.

Of course, Truman removed him from command. But, theres only so many times the US can fire its ranking military commanders before theres nothing left...

Anyways, its easy to blame Obama for all of this stuff. In effect, thats his job, being the figurehead of the state. But we should at least recognize this isn't a new phenomenon. Post-war presidents have all presided over military conflicts where civilians have been killed, to some extent. And same went for Britain, when it was top dog... and so on.

It's funny you said that because I was just thinking about that.

There are currently 38 active duty four-star officers in the uniformed services of the United States: 11 in the Army, 4 in the Marine Corps, 11 in the Navy, 13 in the Air Force, 1 in the Coast Guard, and none in the Public Health Service Commissioned Corps. Of the seven federal uniformed services, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps is the only service that does not have an established four-star position. Modern day four-star officers' ranks are usually referred to as full general or full admiral, the officers themselves being referred to and addressed as 'General' or 'Admiral'. Four-star officers are ranked in seniority by their time-in-grade and/or by statute via the position of office they hold.

List of active duty four-star generals

These are the guys who have been in the military since the 70's. The ones who control the military industrial complex. These are the guys who remain while president after president get shuffled in and out for the last 40 years. These are the guys who call all the shots. Come to think of it, how come the media never talks about the military? Unless there is a case like Russel Williams back here in CA in 2010.

This guy looks particularly interesting. One of his awards is the Space and Missile Operations badge. Space? Nice rank...
C.Robert Kehler

edit on 8-2-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

If you don't actually see the differences, the multitude of very obvious differences, then you are TRULY not paying any attention.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Another president afraid to put that "the buck stops here" sign on his desk.
It's not his fault. It's the incompetent help he has running the military.
yeah yeah....not his fault

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

-Bomb Libya

Vote Obama 2012

Do you think it's gonna get any better with Romney, Gingrich, or Santorum? You are fooling yourself...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

If you don't actually see the differences, the multitude of very obvious differences, then you are TRULY not paying any attention.

As men the subtle and nuanced differences are many and clear to anyone paying attention. As a President, or a Presidential candidate, much of these nuances of personality, and other characteristics are unimportant and what matters is how they will carry out the job they have mandated to do. In this regard, they are the same.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Coming to a Town near you here in the near future!
Yes Folks , Get your Tickets "Now" !!! or sell out your Neighbor for a promise note to be spared!! Ha Ha, having a dream corner view of the compound, your temp, room with a view of the "GMO" crops of Grain for you and family to comsume for dinner as you watch the broadcast from your Fusion Center Room, Nurse Wratch's office that you will soon have to soon leave cause you are no long worthy of inventory! And your body parts will be used to be sold through the "RothChilds,Monstano, Soetreno Group.INC & LLC", to them, who have ordered your matching DNA for thier off spring or them selves....yep!!! its,a DONE DEAL & it has been sold to a Higher bidder...oh so sorry..only the "Best Tuna" become Monsanto....yes, you have just been touched by the [Future TSA]...you can purchase your supporting arm band on your way to the factory to work on the next war machine to go blow the crap out of some simpletons who are trying to farm and get through the winter...
PS, That TSA glove has never been changed!!!! And they trade the soiled ones for candy bars and pics on they're cell phones for ....IDK...u guess
You can trust your Star to the man that sells the car...barry,harry and Nancy Baby..sell outs from the day they were born...or Created?
edit on 8-2-2012 by Axis7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

Or paying much closer attention than mere superficial surface sound bites...

Unlike far too many...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
BEFORE OBAMA, there were little children killed by Bush. They never saw it coming.

AFTER OBAMA, there will be little children killed by _________. They'll never see it coming.

You can go back through time and forward in time. There will always be innocents killed by Presidents, Princesses, Gang-Bangers, Drunk Drivers, etc.. It's part of the human experience.

It's amazing how many ATS members choose to invest their precious time into crafting threads like this, when they are probably loaded with personal problems that they should be addressing, instead. How sad...

-CWM

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What this world need is empathy. The ability to place yourself in another man's shoes and
view the world from his perspective.

We (the US) are currently 'at war' with terrorists.This is a foe made of smoke and shadow.
ANYONE could be a terrorist. And so TPTB behind the US government have carte blanche
to bomb and kill with near impunity, and they do it on our behalf.

But what about empathy. What about CREATING a problem where none existed.

Imagine yourself watching as one of your innocent children is blow apart by an American
bomb. Imagine what your reaction would be....

My reaction would be to pledge to fight against these evil-doers with all I have. To dedicate myself
WHOLLY to finding a way to punish the people responsible, and I would not care AT ALL if I came
to harm--strapping a bomb to myself would be an easy sacrifice if I knew that I could kill anyone
responsible for my child's death.

WE ARE NOT STOPPING TERRORISTS.....WE ARE CREATING THEM

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Obama's decisions to.bomb various places results in dead children, same as mcveigh, there is little difference, if any in the two, and if you think there is I suggest trying to explain it to the families of dead children in Afghanistan or Pakistan

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join