It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sickest auction sale ever?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

It's a little morbid I guess. I think it'd be pretty cool to own though, put it in a case and tell people who come over what it is.

Theresienstadt wasn't a "concentration camp" like the article would suggest. It was a smaller camp, compared to others, and had no known medical experiments.. So, most likely, this surgical kit was just a ..... surgical kit.

Tens of thousands who ended up at Theresienstadt ended up going to other camps where they ultimately died, the vast majority of the 33,000 who died at Theresienstadt died as a result of supply lines collapsing. Without food and medical supplies being delivered immune systems collapsed and a Typhoid Fever outbreak occurred killing thousands. But naturally the article doesn't mention that.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Pretty to cool to own you say
You a freemason too - Can you explain why you think it is a pretty cool thing to own

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Umm because it's an interesting historical artifact? Personally I'm more curious as to the tools they used for surgical purposes during that time era. You can tell a lot about the degree of medical practice and expertise by observing the tools, and which tools were used more often. Again.. Theresienstadt wasn't a "concentration camp" where there was an "angel of death" doing twisted medical experiments for Bayer Corporation. It was mostly used for labor purposes. So why is there some evil aura about a medical kit?

Now if you showed me josef mengele's medical kit I'd get it, pretty freaking disturbing, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it. But some guys medical kit from a small ghetto camp?

And WTF does me being a Mason have to do with anything, you ignorant twat?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

What did humanity learn?

Nothing absolutely nothing except how to make weapons that can kill larger numbers of people.

War is terrorism on a bigger budget.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Umm because it's an interesting historical artifact? Personally I'm more curious as to the tools they used for surgical purposes during that time era. You can tell a lot about the degree of medical practice and expertise by observing the tools, and which tools were used more often. Again.. Theresienstadt wasn't a "concentration camp" where there was an "angel of death" doing twisted medical experiments for Bayer Corporation. It was mostly used for labor purposes. So why is there some evil aura about a medical kit?

Now if you showed me josef mengele's medical kit I'd get it, pretty freaking disturbing, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it. But some guys medical kit from a small ghetto camp?

A small ghetto camp?
I thought freemasons believed in brotherly love -
Perhaps you see brotherly love in "small ghetto camps"
But what do I know - silly me

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
reply to post by isyeye

outrage in the Jewish community.

Im assuming its not a jewish person making money off it then

yeah but once the item is sold, the money will then be deposited into a bank... and henceforth will be used by the jews to make money... oh well

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Maybe some of the people at Guantanamo or Abu Gharib are purchasing these tools?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitoveryet

Originally posted by TheCommentator
reply to post by isyeye

outrage in the Jewish community.

Im assuming its not a jewish person making money off it then

yeah but once the item is sold, the money will then be deposited into a bank... and henceforth will be used by the jews to make money... oh well

Yeah its a sad world isnt it.

I wonder if they call it genocide when jewish banks cause billions of people to die of poverty?
Will it be called genocide when they let the world economy collapse and billions more starve?
etc..
They kill more people then the Nazis ever did in one year and they have been doing it for about a century.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Too bad these were used to commit such evil acts. A beautiful piece of history here.

I find nothing offensive about collecting Nazi memorabilia. Though I'm sure many do and that's fine too.

History is history. You think anyone would be offended by someone collecting pieces from the Spanish Inquisition or the Crusades?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

So if you owned a gun from Cival War times and sold it that would be okay, Right??

If you owned a knife from the Maya times and sold it that would be okay, Right?

If you owned a blood diamond and sold it that would be okay, Right?

If you owned an artifact from 9/11 and sold it that would be okay, Right?

How is this person at default for selling something he/she had no involvement in at all at fault for profiting from the sale??

I guess I just don't understand logic of some at times......

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarrasque

It doesn't say that it was used for evil acts. It was a medical kit. So the probabilities are that it was used to fix someone up. [even if they died later, somewhere else]

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'd neither sell nor donate it, if it came into my possession. I'd melt it down and dispose of it, due to its likelihood of having been used for the cruellest purposes.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Well, lets say they were used by "evil hands" then.

Either way, it's a beautiful set and will end up in the hands of a lucky collector.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that whoever owns it can do whatever the hell they want with it. Why the hell should they give it to a museum if they can make money from it...let the museums bid on it if they want it so badly.

It's just a thing. It isn't anymore evil than any other thing. Just metal and wood.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
To answer the question that is the title of this thread.........No. I can think of sicker things to sell at auction.

People are blowing this out of proportion. You'd think they're selling some glamourized portrait of the person who used the medical equipment surrounded by swastikas, roses and half-naked women at his feet.

Don't blame the medical equpment that may or may not have been used for "evil experiments" As if that's ALL they did in ALL concentration camps. Blame the person who used the medical equipment. Sounds fair doesn't it?

If Jews are so upset about this, maybe they should make sure one of their own buy it and and then immediatly destroy it. In public.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by Rockpuck

A small ghetto camp?
I thought freemasons believed in brotherly love -
Perhaps you see brotherly love in "small ghetto camps"
But what do I know - silly me

Look up the terms. The US Holocaust Memorial Museum Calls Theresienstadt a "Ghetto Camp"... before you go all haywire or anything... in their encyclopedia online : www.ushmm.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hmmmm im pretty sure auctioning disabled children as sex slaves would probably be a great deal sicker than auctioning some tools.

I dont know much about surgical tools, but I imagine they are probably of an extremely high calibre and worth something to collectors.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
IMO, considering the nature of these tools, I would think that the only moral option would be to donate them to a museum. To make profit off of something directly connected to some of the worst atrocities in the world just seems wrong to me. It just would not be worth all the bad feelings that are caused.

So according to what you say I can draw a conclusion that you do not want guns used in war to be sold? This is ridicules, people sell old nazi war paraphernalia all the time. This is one of the few Nazi items that should be sold. Its a surgical kit to help people.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

IMO, considering the nature of these tools, I would think that the only moral option would be to donate them to a museum. To make profit off of something directly connected to some of the worst atrocities in the world just seems wrong to me. It just would not be worth all the bad feelings that are caused.

Someone got allot richer from 9/11..

A gun from WW1 would be expensive yeah?

I could go on but I assume you get the point?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
To the people who've pointed out that the tools aren't evil - well of course they aren't. They're inanimate objects. It's the connections that people find distasteful. That people buy & sell Nazi stuff all the time doesn't detract from that in any way.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join