It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What response is Israel expecting from Iran after an attack?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I realize this is pure speculation but what type of response do you think Israel is expecting from Iran, should Israel attack Iran?

Even if Israel is expecting the U.S to help them out after any attack against Iran, surly Israel must realize that once they attack Iran they can, at the very least, expect a massive missile response, no?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i would hope at least a reach around.

but seriously i'm sure they will have the gas masks on and the BS flying.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I think I can recall a news report last year out of Israel that stated that Israel was providing gas masks to there entire nation.

I wonder, does Israel realize that this round of bombing runs will be very different from the campaign they undertook against Iraq back in the 80's?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
oh i'm real sure they don't expect it to be as easy as those were. Iran's in it for the long haul and i'm fairly certain from what i have read that they fully intend to take many down with them if they go. israel's looking to become a super power and control the middle east. it is my belief they also want to bankrupt and destroy America from within.

all i can say to israel is, not on my watch.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A full blown nuclear attack against israel I hope...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

What can Iran expect if they attack Israel?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Here's the thing, I don't see any ME nation ever using a nuclear bomb against Israel. Israel is to small and it's neighbors are to close.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LoonyConservative

That 12th Imam comes out of the well?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

So you hope they use nukes? What about the innocent civilians there? Men women and children? Im not saying iran shouldn't retaliate, but the mass murder of hundreds of thousands to millions should not be the answer.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Israel is expecting Iran to strike Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Israel's counting on it, because then America has no choice but to retaliate.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Part of me thinks that Iran wants Israel to attack them just so they can retaliate.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I dont care what Israel thinks or does. If I was Iran and Israel bombed my territory I would be shooting my missles at ever oil loading station in the Persian Gulf. Then I would mine the Strait of Hormouth beyond belief. Then I would sabotage every pipeline in the Middle East. You want to get rid of Israel cut a hole in its pocket. US

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNameBrand

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

So you hope they use nukes? What about the innocent civilians there? Men women and children? Im not saying iran shouldn't retaliate, but the mass murder of hundreds of thousands to millions should not be the answer.

Oh it shouldnt be that bad... they could always go the US route and say "we used nuclear weapons to assure peace. If we didnt use them, a lot more lives would be lost in the conflict. As hard as it was, it put an end to a bloody conflict and actually saved more lives than it took - it was for the best of mankind".

If the US could pull it off, I'm sure someone else can... I mean, hypocrisy can work both ways aye?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Israels attack will be surgical and only be going after facilities not civilians that appear to be supporting the path of achieving nuclear weapons

That being said..Iran will have no leggs to stand on in the global eyes view...they aint supposed to be having nuclear weapons. So Iran will have no direct reason for retaliating against Israel doing what the UN should be.

Buuuuutt that being said...Iran will up its support of terrorist activities by groups like Hamas and Hezbollah.
Things like embassies in countries all over the world will be bombed. Anyone who says Israel did what should have been done will become terrorist targets.

And Iran will say...Allah is giving them their reward for their actions, we do not have to act.

That will be Irans response...appear to do nothing other than talk
But their money will speak louder as terrorist cells become stronger.

X

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
They are going to fly a white flag and hand their country to Israel.. They will fire back, what more do you want?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

And after they are done there maybe they can throw one on your roof top. Anyone who wants to see that has real issues.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Israel is under strict orders from the United States not to attack Iran as Israel could only blow up the Nuclear targets and poison the whole Middle East...If action is necessary...and I highly Dout it will be....only the United States has the ability to secure the iranian Nuclear sites with Special forces and to prevent an Iranian Counter attack will use New High Powered Non-Nuclear EMP devices to render the Iranian Military Innert.

Unfortunately...the Fifth Fleet would have to destroy the entirty of the Iranian Navy and Airforce which would cause massive loss of life for Iranian Sailors and Airmen....I hope this does not happen and Iran has not one shred of ability to counter this type of attack....the U.S. ability to strike at will is unparralleled.

Hopefully...Iran will not do something stupid....as I would hate to be some 18 year old kid on an Iranian Boat while a U.S. Nuclear Carrier Group is coming at me along with a multitude of Subs. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If Israel attacks Iran it would be suicide...

Russia and China will get dragged in this and beat the living digested food out of Israel's butt...

We can't forget Pakistan and Egypt who will help destroy the cancer that is Israel...

So I encourage Israel to terminate itself...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
If Israel attacks Iran it would be suicide...

Russia and China will get dragged in this and beat the living digested food out of Israel's butt...

We can't forget Pakistan and Egypt who will help destroy the cancer that is Israel...

So I encourage Israel to terminate itself...

I'm sure the Samson Option has been discussed here, so careful what you wish for.
edit on 2/8/2012 by ZombieWoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
All this broadcasting of attacking Iran this spring/summer is an old trick we used in Nam/and many other wars ..

so as to watch for and target weapons or the enemy.

Iran will be moving mobile weapon systems and such. They will me mapped and designated.

When and if an attack on Iran comes...

Iran will have lost a great many of their weapons and communications etc...

Iran will be hurt bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join