It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase in military helicopter fly-overs in NW Georgia, USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I live in northwest Georgia. I have noticed groups of military helicopters flying over all day. I have never noticed this much traffic here before. I don't live with-in regular flight paths of any airport or military base. These choppers were flying roughly east-west at a relatively low altitude. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed an increase in military air traffic in this area.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Operation Bold Alligator Begins:

www.debka.com...

"It is the largest amphibian exercise seen in the West for a decade, staged to simulate a potential Iranian invasion of an allied Persian Gulf country and a marine landing on the Iranian coast. Based largely on US personnel and hardware, French, British, Italian, Dutch, Australian and New Zealand military elements are integrated in the drill. "

Don't know if this would have anything to do with what you are seeing but it is worrying.
edit on 7-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

TextBold Alligator went into its operational phase Monday, Feb. 6, the same day as a large-scale exercise began in southern Iran opposite the Strait of Hormuz. This simultaneity attests to the preparations for a US-Iranian showdown involving Israel behind the words on Feb. 5 of US President Barack Obama ("I don't think Israel has decided whether to attack Iran") and Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Feb. 3 ("The war itself will be ten times as detrimental to the US."). Monday, Feb. 6, the US president ordered the tightening of sanctions by freezing Iranian assets in America and blocking the operations of Iranian banks including its central bank.

edit on 7-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by georgiaboy

Perhaps its related to this: www.breitbart.com...

The nations largest amphibian miltary exercise in the last decade...perhaps these helicopters are related to this operation.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

That could be what I am seeing. Thanks. Although I am a long way from the North Carolina coast.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by georgiaboy

Guess they're flying in from all over on an op this size. Hopefully someone in the know will make a post and confirm or deny but something big is in the offing.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yes, I have, and I don't live far from you either. I'm right on the Tn, Ga border in Hamilton County.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Well it's good to know I'm not the only one who saw this.
You aren't far away at all, about 30 miles or so. I live near Dalton.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Same thing going on over here in NYC at night heeeeeeeavy helicopter presence

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by georgiaboy
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Well it's good to know I'm not the only one who saw this.
You aren't far away at all, about 30 miles or so. I live near Dalton.

I am in the carpet business and most of my stock comes from your home town.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am joining in a little late on this BUT, There has been very,very heavy military helicopter traffic in the air today. I do not live near an airport or military base, but chopper's of all shapes and sizes have been flying very low all day. Even those long helicopters with 2 propellers have been basically buzzing our houses here. Low enough to rattle our Windows at times. A couple of them were flying back and forth in a sweeping pattern as if they were looking for something. I don't pretend to even guess what this is about, but its making me want to go buy some more ammunition. I live about 30 miles north of Atlanta in Canton.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've noticed this as well. It worried me a bit at first, I'll admit it. However, once I got to thinking, it could just be routine training at the start of the fiscal year. Not positive, but it could be possible.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

xfilestl
Even those long helicopters with 2 propellers have been basically buzzing our houses here. Low enough to rattle our Windows at times.

Southern Alabama and North Florida are periodically having spikes of helicopter traffic. Had a Sikorsky twin rotor fly past seriously low a few days back.

These pilots are flying at heights that would not allow them to make a safe landing in the event of a mechanical disaster. They are a serious threat to public safety.

new topics

top topics

join