It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Goverment Planning to use Nerve agents on Rioters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If this newspaper report is anywhere accrate then it a serious step up in how the goverment
plans to deal with anymore civil unrest like last summer.

So now your asking how can a western goverment can getaway with using nerve agents on the
public that is banned on the battlefield.well looks like there a big loophole that makes it ok
to gas your population.

The experts were commissioned by the Royal Society, the UK's national academy of sciences, to investigate new developments in neuroscience that could be of use to the military. They concluded that the Government may be preparing to exploit a loophole in the Chemical Weapons Convention allowing the use of incapacitating chemical agents for domestic law enforcement.

Now peaceful(?) policing is classed as a domestic so legal under un law.and seeing as the uk is
one of 13 countrys that still has chemical weapons production facilities at least the goverment
wont have to go far for some gas.

The 1993 convention bans the development, stockpiling and use of nerve agents and other toxic chemicals by the military but there is an exemption for certain chemical agents that could be used for "peaceful" domestic purposes such as policing and riot control.

independent

edit on 7/2/2012 by skuly because: colour

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Buy a gas mask, should be fine.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sounds like a lot of fun.

But what'd you expect?

The UK is becoming a proper police state (if it isn't already).

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Now you know why they want DRONES in the sky approved.

Not even ASSAD uses chemical weapons on it's people and I'm sure if he does, the western world will scream murder and rightfully so, but at the same time, they are developing them... bunch of hypocrites, as always.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Under the Chemical Weapons Convention tear gas is outlawed. it can not be used by the military on enemy troops.

But tear gas can be used by police in a country against there own people.
www.foxnews.com...

Pepper spray also comes under the Chemical Weapons Convention.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
and you wonder why everything dealing with the future has a gas mask? Well, now you know....next step is to get you some martial arts training that way wehn they try to put hands on you can do more then just roll over!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thank god i hope they do this in the US, I don't feel i should have to have my things repaired if a sports team wins or loses or if someone decides to "Occupy" a location near my house. Last time that happened someone "non-violently" and "peacefully protested" my shop windows into a million pieces . This was of course explained to me by some random bits from the constitution written on the walls in sharpie marker and of course the paint they left on the front.
I say just gas them, they are going to make everything sound like the holocaust is being carried out again. Let them be a wolf next time they cry wolf for once.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I wonder how soon they'll use it on "Occupy"?
-Aren't they supposed to protest the G8 Summit in the states?
Then they can justify its use against the Tea Party, Paul supporters. . . . . er. . . anyone that isn't for Obama.

Just how they planned it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Don't just limit it to rioters, give it to the protesters too.

You know the ones, The idiots who complain about job cuts but don't realise that we can't afford to employ everybody until the economic crisis has passed.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Aerosol Thorazine for everybody!

Does this not fall under chemical weapons? While the device in question, in a lab report, may be documented and classified as non-lethal, the methods of widespread application to the voting public may have long-term side effects on a neuroloigcal level. They may be alive, or non-lethalized, but they are a vegetable, see?

Shot term side effects from application may be retaliation and sel-defense, requiring more lethal means of control. Zombification of a crowd, I believe, violates some medical rights as well.

Non-lethal is not good enough. It must be non-toxic, which it clearly won't be if it brings intoxicating effects.

One step worse than a police state is a psych-med state. Biological volition must be retained to keep the at-will presence of a nation. Who profits from this deal?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
" the country's broke! ... But there's always money for weapons
"

Hell, if "we're" gonna gas the protesters to lets also start gassing those people that stand in town centers and talk outloud about issues, lets gas anyone who is shows even the slightest sound of an opinion! and just to be sure we stop people protesting, lets ban books and outlaw music, these often lead people to form opinions and its just not healthy for society! We have to pull together and kill those idiots who wish to distract our cause by speaking out!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Buy a gas mask, should be fine.

Not against a nerve agent. You don't have to inhale a nerve agent. Its absorbed through skin contact.

If your worried about a nerve agent you need sealed impervious clothing, and a gas mask.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is a quote from the bottom of the page from Professor flower.

Professor Rod Flower, a biochemical pharmacologist at Queen Mary University of London, said the latest scientific insights into human brain is leading to novel ways of degrading human performance using chemicals.

The Professor not joking his work has military applications.Its scary to think that
this could be used by the police as the long term effects of the chemicals used wont
show up for years.
Here a bit more reading.

,Neuroscience the new face of warfare: Experts

"We know neuroscience research has the potential to deliver great social benefit - researchers come closer every day to finding effective treatments for diseases and disorders such as Parkinson's, depression, schizophrenia, epilepsy and addiction," said Rod Flower, a professor of biochemical pharmacology at Queen Mary University of London, who led the panel. "However, understanding of the brain and human behavior, coupled with developments in drug delivery, also highlight ways of degrading human performance that could possibly be used in new weapons."

edit on 8/2/2012 by skuly because: colour

top topics

join