It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress OK's expanded drone flights over the U.S.; bill headed to President Obama's desk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Congress OK's expanded drone flights over the U.S.; bill headed to President Obama's desk

www.nydailynews.com...

Congress has approved legislation allowing expanded drone flights over the U.S., and possibly some scenic sections of the Empire State.

The bill will guide operation of the Federal Aviation Administration for four years and gives the agency until September 2015 to open up more airspace to the remotely controlled vehicles.

In New York, that could mean Air National Guard MQ-9 Reaper drone training missions over the bucolic 6.1 million acres of Adirondack Park, flown out of Hancock Field in Syracuse.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

Predator Drones Over America?

Drones over the US..keeping us safe?
edit on 7-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: link fail!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
My first thought is that this has been put forth just so Obama can "reject" it around election time.

Once he's back in office you should probably expect expanded drone supervision on the American people. It's already been tested in certain areas for various reasons but it looks like the plans have been sent into overdrive.

Who's to say it hasn't already been happening without your knowledge?

www.nydailynews.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've said it before... Iran took one of these down.

Give the American enthusiasts two weeks and you will see your first post on ATS of, "WE GOT ONE!"

After the first four or five get downed they will realize it is too expensive to continue.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If this doesn't prove that we live in a police state, nothing will. When will people draw the line? In a few months we will be having Pakistani style drone strikes on border regions (Mexico).

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

Then we would have a repeat of the Iranian incident!

"Pretty please...can we have our drone back?"

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by real_one
If this doesn't prove that we live in a police state, nothing will. When will people draw the line? In a few months we will be having Pakistani style drone strikes on border regions (Mexico).

This is too much to hope for. (I jest.)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
i wonder if mexico will be nice enough to start installing water oasis' like they did in TX and AZ

you know, for inevitable reverse immigration that is bound to happen.

anyone wanna help me with my spanish?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by real_one

It would be convenient to have one of these drones "malfunction" and shoot missiles at the civilian population just to have it blamed on an "Iranian" plot.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Please feel free to contribute to the existing thread on this topic found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks

Closed...

top topics

join