It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: More locals seek help with anti-government extremists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
And it's not a link to infowars!

The FBI is being inundated with calls from local government officials asking for assistance in dealing with anti-government extremists, officials said.

Stuart McArthur, deputy assistant director of the FBI's Counterterrorism Division, said the extremists -- part of the so-called sovereign citizen movement that advocates a rejection of government authority -- have the "potential'' to prompt violence in their day-to-day encounters with police, judges, inspectors and other local government officials.

The article seems to focus on "sovereign citizens" more than anything else.

Link 1: Officer.com
Link 2: USA Today

Of course McVeigh is held up as a stand out example.

Other fears listed are fraud and violence. Sort of vague. Like the government doesnt use fraud and violence perpetually?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I hope this doesn't turn into a witch hunt.

They arrested some old guys here plotting in a waffle house against the govt.
They let a convicted child molester out of jail to get them on voice recorder.

Something isn't right. Something really dangerous is going down and I'm not sure either side is completely in the right.

I do know someone though who witnessed a lot of old guys talking about shooting the president and stuff recently. I'M SURE it was old man talk, and the person that told me thought so too - but they should not be talking that way.

The govt. though doesn't seem willing at all to cut folks any slack when they are really old. They'll just taze them and make mountains out of molehills like they would with a 20 year old.
edit on 7-2-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Careful, careful. Exercising speech that may be considered a little bit too free might be considered anti-government and extremist.

saying that, that probably just got me on a no-fly list.

sad.

edit on 7-2-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

It seems designed to be a witch hunt. They're picking the most general "threat" they possibly can.

No more white supremacists, anti-semites or islamic militants. It's all boiled down to "anti-government."

Look at this along with so many other reports identifying libertarians, Ron Paul supporters, disgruntled tax payers, gun owners and we've basically got 50-60% of the population falling into the "anti-government" category.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Our founding government purposely armed us to the teeth.

You had to own a rifle. You had to join a militia.

You had to know how to defend your country, your family, and yourself.

It has been ingrained into our heritage as Americans, and now they wonder why people are following the orders of their founding fathers that fought and gave their lives for this nation.

We have been controlled for around 100 years... but we have been Americans for almost 250... the spirit still lives on in some.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Future crime...

Your thoughts are dangerous.

edit on 7-2-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I wonder if checking into becoming a sovereign citizen will get me placed on one of these "terrorist" watch-list? It seems like every day another American citizen becomes a terror suspect. I wish I could wake up from this nightmare.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by georgiaboy

Well, Google is keeping track of your searches. Perhaps searching for information wont get you tased and tackled but it will get you on a list. To be tased and tackled you'll have to download or upload said information.

You're right about it seeming like more and more people qualify as terrorists every day. The definition gets broader with each passing hour.

Soon though the "terrorists" will outnumber the counter-terrorists by a million to one if they keep this gross over application of the term up.

Dividing and fear mongering for power and control only works to the point where enough people have been demonized. Then mutiny happens.

new topics

top topics

join