It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke: ‘A Long Way to Go’ Before Full Jobs Recovery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Bernanke: ‘A Long Way to Go’ Before Full Jobs Recovery
[Long Deep Inhale ........... Fast Loud Exhale....]

Brilliant deduction there Watson !!!

Uncle Ben says we got a long way to go.

and, His wisdom has been recorded before a Senate Budget Committee hearing of all places.

February 7, 2012 -- CNSNews

(CNSNews.com) – Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told the Senate Budget Committee that the country still had “a long way to go” before the jobs market fully recovers.

Bernanke, in prepared remarks delivered at a Senate Budget Committee hearing Tuesday, said that the results of massive long-term unemployment and a sluggish recovery were a jobs market that would take a long time to recover fully.

I wonder if He figured that out all by himself ?

Oh wait .... it says "prepared remarks"
what a surprise !!

see the article for more wise cracks:
long Way to GO...

and if that's not quite enough .....

(CNSNews.com) – Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said that the current trajectory of the federal budget – marked by large annual deficits – was “clearly unsustainable” and that “serious economic consequences” could result.

“Having a large and increasing level of government debt relative to national income runs the risk of serious economic consequences,” Bernanke told the Senate Budget Committee Tuesday.
see the link for some video of this madness.
Bernanke Points to 'Increased Possibility of a Sudden Fiscal Crisis'

[Long Deep Inhale ........... Fast Loud Exhale....]

Where Does HE Tend Bar ??

edit on Feb-07-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Feb-07-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
he should know, bernake and his colleagues are responsible for most of the job losses and the state of the economy.

i wonder what paradise island alan greenspan retired to. or did he just throw a billion dollars in cash around his house and spends most of the day frolicking around in a toga eating grapes and drinking wine from a chalice made of gold.

edit on 7-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

But surely national income is rising right??

Oh no .. that's right.. even after adding a supposed 2 million jobs (how many of those were seasonal???) the Federal Income Tax Revenue is actually lower than it was prior to those 2 million jobs.

If the Government wants to fix the economy they need to stop lying about it first.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Would be really cool if everyone in DC would get together and figure stuff out before going to the public. Since we have the false political dichotomy, that won't happen soon. So maybe i should lower my expectations to just having the administration in charge getting THEIR communication on the same page.

But that would not allow for Obama to have his moment on prime time TV, farting rainbows and delivering a speech on the state of our Union that was apparently fueled by an even mix of hope, dreams, and liquor. To hear POTUS tell it, we are in great shape (and could be better if it weren't for those meddling Republicans). With all his back patting that was going on, I thought surely he had double jointed shoulders (or channeled the work of the devil).

And now, to hear Bernanke tell it, it wasn't rainbows Obama was pulling out of his butt. Rather, it was his entire speech.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I know one persons who's " JOB " should be lost...

Actually he should be working for 25 cents an hour inside of a federal prison somewhere.....

new topics

top topics

join