It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF just happend to me?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Regardless of who or what this man and his son are there is something to take from the expereince. The fact that this chance encounter has sparked these types of thoughts and feelings in you tells me that this is indeed the work of the divine. Be happy that you noticed the feeling, be happy for these thoughts you are having. Do not be discouraged by the cynical remarks from others, trust the feeling and listen close.

PLPL

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Actually had something similar happen to my parents. I was injured as a young child and a man that looked like he was straight out of the 1950s (this being the 1980s), wearing a thick leather jacket, slicked back hair, etc, showed up and comforted my mother, my dad was coming back to the hospital from work and saw my mother talking to him and the man looked at my father, smiled, and walked down the hall to turn around a corner, my dad went to follow as he wanted to thank the man for keeping my mother company during such a stressful time. He was not more than 2 seconds behind him, probably 15 or so feet, and when he rounded the corner no one was there, and there were no doors for this individual to go in and hide. Just a very long, empty hallway. The temperature that day was also over 100 degrees, middle of the summer, so the fact he was wearing a thick leather jacket was odd.

My mother believes it was a guardian angel, as she said he spoke with softly, and kept reassuring her I would be alright. I often wonder if there are entire realities intermixed with our own with entities that can transition between the layers in order to interact, help, or even hurt, at their will.
edit on 8-2-2012 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Sweet and touching story!!!!

I think...

Intuition is indeed the forgotten sense. None of us can tell you how to feel or what really happened. It was your experience so therefore you actually DO define the experience.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

I often wonder if there are entire realities intermixed with our own with entities that can transition between the layers in order to interact, help, or even hurt, at their will.

Obviously there is something like that which exists and it would be a good idea to have God (who has a commanding position in that spiritual world) on our side to where we have the help of the ones who help and I think we can by being like that ourselves and to not be hurtful for selfish reasons.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Did it really take something this simple to make you question your religious beliefs?

You and the church deserve each other...

Glad to hear everything turned out alright. But seriously, you might want to be more observant instead of jumping to assumptions regarding peoples' characters.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I came to comment, but it looks like the OP is...uh...no longer with us?

I think it was just a kind man, in short.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i think it's a shame how the OP was treated in this thread. One can debate about his interpretation of the event, but I never got the sense that he was making it up. The experience obviously had deep meaning for him, and that is positive regardless of how one interprets the source.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Sorry to put a dampener on the whole lovely experience but......
They probably just fobbed you off because of patient confidentiality and all that. I don't think they are allowed to divulge any info.

No mystery, you just met a nice bloke.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
They probably just fobbed you off because of patient confidentiality and all that. I don't think they are allowed to divulge any info.

Tell me something, brother.

Since this guy is banned, is it him talking to stuff that doesn't exist or is it you?

HAHA

ETA: Or is it me, because if you don't believe in the veracity of my speech it will kinda "fall upon deaf ears".

BANG!

edit on 9-2-2012 by FinalAccount2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalAccount2008

A. I'm neither your nor anyone else's brother.
B. I never noticed he was banned.
C. I'm just stating facts about hospital policy in the UK that others may or may not be interested in.
D. Seek help.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by UkRandom

UKRandom, I believe you - and I believe you were being taken care of by an angel or angels. They can appear so real that you wouldn't know the difference; so always treat people as though they are heaven-sent.
It shows also that you have been blessed, so thanks for sharing. Now we all know to be aware too...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

reply to post by FinalAccount2008

A. I'm neither your nor anyone else's brother.
B. I never noticed he was banned.
C. I'm just stating facts about hospital policy in the UK that others may or may not be interested in.
D. Seek help.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

A. Sorry for calling you brother, didn't mean to offend!
B. Now that you noticed he's banned, how do you feel about that?

C. I'm just stating my own personal viewpoint on a forum

D. I seek help all day, every day!

Thanks for rappin with me! Sorry we don't agree on things!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure my experiences would be applicable to you, but I'll tell you them anyway:

I had some very weird things like that happen to me a few years ago. Usually there was some apparent religious message (such as the moslem taqiyah hats worn by the people you met).

So in my case, I tried to be serious about Christianity for a couple of years, and now I feel foolish. So I hate to see anybody else embark on a wild goose chase.
edit on 10-2-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

I tried to be serious about Christianity for a couple of years, and now I feel foolish.

What type of Christianity was it?
If it was what passes as the McDonald's version of religion, then that might be the reason you would feel foolish, since it might as well be from some secret government mind control program.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I tried to be serious about Christianity for a couple of years, and now I feel foolish.

What type of Christianity was it?
If it was what passes as the McDonald's version of religion, then that might be the reason you would feel foolish, since it might as well be from some secret government mind control program.

That's a great description. I was going to an Eastern Orthodox church. Every 10 years I seem to go through a religious phase and attend church briefly. I started as an Episcopalian. Then I tried the charismatic mega church in college. 10 years later I tried a Nazarene church. And 10 years later the Eastern Orthodox. Those were all fine churches and nice, sincere people. Maybe 10 years from now I'll loose my marbles again and try it again, but I really hope I've learned my lesson this time.

I don't doubt that the OP's experience was real and significant - if nothing else in the OP's mind. I just wanted to warn the OP that sometimes these "religious" experiences mean nothing.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I think it should remind him that there are things beyond the everyday "natural" world.
I doubt there is a way to harness it but we should try to be in the right side of things in principle.
I think believing in Jesus is superior to making sacrifices to stone gods.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I think it should remind him that there are things beyond the everyday "natural" world.
I doubt there is a way to harness it but we should try to be in the right side of things in principle.
I think believing in Jesus is superior to making sacrifices to stone gods.

If there was any real message from God in the OP's experience it would seem to be that Islam is pleasing to God. Of course, maybe the nice man and his son were actually demons cleverly trying to trick the OP into renouncing his/her Catholic faith in favour of Islam. Or maybe they were inter-dimensional beings whose goal is to trick people into unproductive superstitions to keep human society primitive. Or maybe the OP secretly didn't like Asian Muslims and God wanted to correct this.

You can interpret these experiences many ways. Your mind can run in circles worrying and trying to understand. I think they are best to forget about. If somebody wants to be a Christian or a Muslim or an atheist it should be a decision based on sound reasoning and so forth. I know from personal experience that these things can lead to foolish behaviour.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Or maybe they were inter-dimensional beings whose goal is to trick people into unproductive superstitions to keep human society primitive.

Or ones who care about people.
They did a good thing and we should appreciate it that they are there, but not be foolish to live all crazy expecting to be pulled out of a jam, because people die every day and that is the reality of it.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

That sounds like a good explanation. I hope the OP will not attach too much significance to this experience. If the OP is interested in religion he/she should wait until this experience fades so it isn't a factor.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well, if he's banned, perhaps he can still read this.

1) I'm glad your son is alright.
2) I believe you when you say that you have had an experience of some sort.
3) Since the hospital won't, can't, or doesn't know about this guy, perhaps you could send a message to the local mosque, describing the situation and that you would like to personally thank them for their kindness. Maybe they could help you find them, as they were obviously observant Muslims.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join