It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called to account before Iranian parliament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The guardian is reporting that the Iran MP has summoned our friend Ahmadinejad to appear and explain a few things !!

MPs summon president to answer questions about the economy and his judgment, weeks before scheduled elections

Well it's apparently election time in Iran too.

It seems the Parliament is inquiring about the economy and his personal judgments.

Iran's economy might be getting snuffed by Western sanctions.

His "personal judgments" may be a bit more difficult to explain however

Unless of course, anyone believes that maybe TPTB have offered Him a lucrative retirement package !!

Maybe he decides to retire instead of running for re-election this time.

Mahmoud has one month to appear ...... or else (gulp).

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 7 February 2012 14.58 EST

The Iranian parliament has summoned the president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to answer a series of questions over the government's handling of the economy and his personal judgments.

The move is unprecedented in the history of the Islamic republic.

After a year of internal debate and unsuccessful attempts to question or impeach the president, MPs secured enough signatures for an attempt to summon Ahmadinejad. They succeeded in persuading the parliament's presiding board to read the motion during Tuesday's open session.

The move comes at a time of discontent at home owing to western economic sanctions and growing international isolation over Iran's nuclear programme. In recent weeks, fears of a major confrontation between Iran and the west have grown.

Please Raise Your Right Hand and Repeat after Me

I think he will retire with dignity !

this Could Set the Stage for an Internal coup d'état

Las Vegas odds for the over/under are 90 days !

edit on Feb-07-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Feb-07-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
they summoned obama for court remember, doesn't mean these guys gotta show up

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I do not want war with Iran and i do not like Ahmadinejad. If he will leave and war drums would stop it i personally would be very very happy.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I do not want war with Iran and i do not like Ahmadinejad. If he will leave and war drums would stop it i personally would be very very happy.

war drums? the only band playing are the united states and israel.

edit on 7-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
who holds the ultimate power in Iran,,
the dark side is cleaning house.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Alot of people would be happy sir.

On both sides of the Atlantic.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Yeah Sorry dude, I think you'll find Ahmadinejad is doing what the mad mullahs want..
Sure he can speak as he pleases but ultimately.. the war drums are the Mullahs playing.

Still I wonder why hes being ordered to front up?

If its public and recorded i think its a stage..I think that they are trying to convince the US Iran is weak and split.
If it is not shown public and its all hush hush behind close doors.. they may tell him to prepare for war!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It wouldn't make any difference.

The President of Iran, who is elected by universal suffrage, is the Executive President (Head of government). In 1989, the Prime Minister of Iran's office was merged with the President's office to form the current post of President of Iran. However, certain executive powers, such as command of the armed forces and declaration of war and peace, remain in the hands of the Supreme Leader. Furthermore the Supreme Leader can even dismiss the president and prevent the legitimation of any law (appointed by assembly) by the institutions under his control, the Guardian Council and the Expediency Council.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is the Supreme Leader.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-2-2012 by snowspirit because: link

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

seriously...? What about Canada, Japan, Switzerland, EU, Australia, India... ?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i do like him , I've seen most of his interviews, looks sincere

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

war drums? the only bands playing are the united states and israel.

Really. So all the calls to close Persian gulf, to not allow US ships, all the military exercises in the gulf, all the missile launches, all the anti-Israeli speeches were made by Israel and US i guess.
There is a chance of unilateral wardrums hearing loss.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Sure would be nice if congress man up and called Obama to explain his BS...

Same thing with Bush...

Since it's not happening, they obviously work together.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is the Supreme Leader.

True. And it was true when president of Iran was Mohammad Khātamī. Iran was anti-Israeli then too, but it was much less aggressive.
So to say that president does not influence the policy is wrong. And i do not expect Iran to change its stance about Israel any time soon. I just want to return to previous levels of hostility - it would be enough for me.

edit on 7-2-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

I think the Mullahs would enforce that he show where as with the US will only enforce its people not the politicians

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I was thinking that this could be a way of stalling for more time on their ( Iran's) side. A possible tactic from Iran to halt any military action from Israel just yet. Who knows, Just a fleeting thought. I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

I think the Mullahs would enforce that he show where as with the US will only enforce its people not the politicians

i think he'll just have the Mullahs disappear rather than show up in court, as we've already seen this guy doesn't play well with others.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I understand the issue with Irans economy right now, sanctions are kinda tough like that...but what personal decisions are they wanting to inquire about?
I haven't been paying attention to his personal life, I only have time to keep up with the Kardashians :-)

top topics

join