It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Clouds form over Panama City, Florida.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Above is a picture of the strange cloud formation seen.

Below is the video.

Really does look like a tidal wave.

If anyone can break it down, and explain, in easier terms, why or how this happens would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Good find, looks quite freaky yet cool at the same time. I'll be looking forward to see what others say about this.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hot breeze, mixing with a cold air fog from the sea?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

The effect of the buildings on the local atmosphere appears to be forming Kelvin-Helmholtz waves, as the meteorologist said. en.wikipedia.org...

Imagine you run your hand on the surface of a pool, the wake behind it causes an unstable washing effect. It looks like this effect was caused by the buildings and it may have caused a pressure change which allowed the formation of fog. The conditions would have had to been nearly perfect for fog development, and it looks like the turbulence of the buildings may have pushed them into the fog building territory. Whether it was a pressure or temperature difference, I can't say for certain, but this looks similar to the fog formation you might find on the side of a mountain.

Nice find! I wish I could have seen that...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

dont know, this is Florida and the water is probably warmer than the land right now.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Cool reminds me of this, was taken in December 2011 in Birmingham Alabama!

Mother Nature is awesome!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I'm assuming it can look like waves because water waves are just waves and air and clouds move within the waves of the atmosphere.

Cool pic though.

top topics

join