It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Kerry - 'Let them go naked'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I wasn't sure if this was Politics or Fragile Earth.

Terry Kerry doesn't have any experience in these things.
I don't think she understands that America is capable of
supplying food AND clothing at the same time.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040915/ap_on_el_pr/heinz_kerry_1&printer=1

Excerpt

By SAM DOLNICK, Associated Press Writer
September 15, 2004

NEW YORK - Teresa Heinz Kerry, encouraging volunteers as they busily packed supplies Wednesday for hurricane relief efforts in the Caribbean, said she was concerned the effort was too focused on sending clothes instead of essentials like water and electric generators

"Clothing is wonderful, but let them go naked for a while, at least the kids," said Heinz Kerry, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry . "Water is necessary, and then generators, and then food, and then clothes."

Heinz Kerry stopped by a market in the heart of Brooklyn's Caribbean community, where she spoke French with Haitian vendors and shook hands with volunteers busy packing food, clothes and other relief supplies to be shipped to several Carribean islands hit by Hurricane Ivan. Her husband's campaign donated water, blankets and first aid kits.

"I think it's important we help all the kids we can," Heinz Kerry said.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ya, I can see the headlines now...
"Hurricane ravaged communities plagued by streakers."

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I bet Maria Teresa Thierstein Sim�es-Ferreira Heinz Kerry was seriously peeved that Marie Antoinette had already taken the good one "Let them eat cake" , so she had to take "Let them go naked".

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I was annoyed when I read that she said this. I have 4 daughters and I can guarantee you that if Heinz Kerry told my husband to let our daughters just run naked he would go ballastic.

When you have a disaster, what children need most is to regain some sort of normalcy. Downplaying the need for children to have clothing is just dumb. Encouraging children to just run around naked is dumb. I think Heinz Kerry is dumb dumb dumb, not to mention tacky and self centered!

Oh well, at least she wasn't the first to hop on the naked bandwagon. Guess I can be grateful for that.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Personally, in Florida, without power (i.e. without air-conditioning), I'd MUCH rather have food and water than clothing hehe...

NAKED TIME!!! Not a nudist (mostly for sanitary and legal reasons, hehe), but I could really care less if someone saw me bits and pieces...

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
HAHA, more proof that senseless drivel can come out of ones mouth no matter how much money they have, or how many languages they speak.

This is just totally ridiculous, and shows clearly that TerAYsa needs to be politley asked to find a small south pacific island to buy and go live there for quite some time as she is nothing but a headache and embarassment to the Democratic Party (if indeed the party can be more embarrassed at this point in time

[edit on 16-9-2004 by smokenmirrors]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
TerAYsa needs to be politley asked to find a small

TerAYsa? What's that mean? I don't get it. "Tear eye sa", maybe? Ter-a-sa? I'm guessing it's supposed to be sounded out phonetically, maybe I need to be hooked-on-phonics?

[edit on 16-9-2004 by curme]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I bet Maria Teresa Thierstein Sim�es-Ferreira Heinz Kerry was seriously peeved that Marie Antoinette had already taken the good one "Let them eat cake" , so she had to take "Let them go naked".

That's the first thing I thought of too - that Marie Antoinette quote.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

TerAYsa needs to be politley asked to find a small

TerAYsa? What's that mean? I don't get it. "Tear eye sa", maybe? Ter-a-sa? I'm guessing it's supposed to be sounded out phonetically, maybe I need to be hooked-on-phonics?

Oh this lady does not pronounce her name Ter eeeee sa, it is pronounced Ter ay (as in day) sa, which I presume, is to add a measure of sophistication to an otherwish brash and camera unfriendly billionairess.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Oh this lady does not pronounce her name Ter eeeee sa, it is pronounced Ter ay (as in day) sa, which I presume, is to add a measure of sophistication to an otherwish brash and camera unfriendly billionairess.

Oh, I get it now. I would of presumed it was because she wasn't born in America, and speaks five languages. Oh, well. Spot on.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The only thing is that there is a 'comma' after kids, which leads me to believe the comment is taken out of context. I have not seen this speech, nor have seen a full transcript. I wonder what she said after the 'comma'.

Clothing is wonderful, but let them go naked for a while, at least the kids," said Heinz Kerry, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites). "Water is necessary, and then generators, and then food, and then clothes."

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The thing is, she is right. Clean drinking water is the first priority.

food is next, creature comforts last.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Any expert you ask will tell you that water is what you need on the scene first, followed by food, then by blankets.

I mean, come on, i know the hurricane was bad but it wasnt exactly sucking the clothes off peoples backs.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What I don't get is why she is being demonized in the first place. Let me point everyone to the real point of the story:

SHE IS PROVIDING FOOD, WATER, AND CLOTHES FOR PEOPLE WHO NEED IT!!!! DOESN'T THAT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU??!@?@?@?!@?!@?!@?@

She is there, on her own time, using her own freaking money to help these people out, and all you can do is make fun of the way she talks? What the hell is wrong with you? How many of you would go out of your way, and spend your own money and time to go to a ravaged place and assist the people there? Shouldn't that be the point of the story? No one from the current Administration went down there. But I'm sure your reasoning is that she was doing it to help her husband out, right? To get him elected. It's just a staged photo-op, right?

Glad to know Bush can really get on top of declaring emergency situations from his ranch, and talk about how horrible it is. At least she get's off her butt and does something, unlike that lazy piece of crap.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

SHE IS PROVIDING FOOD, WATER, AND CLOTHES FOR PEOPLE WHO NEED IT!!!!

Where does it say she is providing clothes?

And yes, water is a necessity, but to be so flip about the need for clothing is pretty insensitive. And like someone above mentioned, it isn't like people can provide them with EITHER water or clothing, there is no reason why they cannot get clothing.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
*blink* You did read the story, didn't you?

Heinz Kerry stopped by a market in the heart of Brooklyn's Caribbean community, where she spoke French with Haitian vendors and shook hands with volunteers busy packing food, clothes and other relief supplies to be shipped to several Carribean islands hit by Hurricane Ivan. Her husband's campaign donated water, blankets and first aid kits.

Maybe you didn't read it, I don't know.

She didn't say they can't have clothing, she said water and food were the necesities. If they need to go naked for a while to allow the water and food to get there first, then so be it. Would you rather be naked, hungry, or thristy?

I apologize for getting so worked up, but I can give factual, defineable reasons why I feel so betrayed and lied to by this Administration. It seems like people attack Heinz-Kerry for the way she talks, and says things, and not for the actual message of her speech. But I'm done pointing to the obivous, if you're too caught up in your own head to allow outside thoughts in, then my words are apparently not needed.

new topics

top topics

join