It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sigiriya : The 8th Wonder of the World

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by MrsBlonde

I noticed in the first picture posted that the "feet" seem to be more representative of a reptile than a lion. Could they represent a dragon possibly?

No, they represent the feet of a lion. Kassapa built his fortress 1,500 years ago. Unlike the rest of South Asia, Sri Lanka has a wealth of historical documentation going back to those times and, indeed, well before. There exists an ancient guidebook called Sihigiri Vihare, as well as some other sources, that tell us what Sigiriya looked like in its prime.

Incidentally, the site shows signs of habitation by hermits (probably Buddhist monks) since the third century BCE, well before Kassapa's time.

reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Yes, Adam's Peak throws a long and justly-famed shadow. I think the effect is known as a 'spectre of Brocken'.

I just sent you a private message.

reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

I'm curious as to why they couldn't have been blonde hair and blue eyed.

I'm afraid you will have to satisfy your curiosity at some other source, such as this one. I do not intend to drive a very interesting thread off topic by discussing a completely irrelevant and extraneous matter. Sigiriya and discredited European racial theories have nothing to do with each other.

edit on 8/2/12 by Astyanax because: of birds and stones.

Actually you know none of this area has belonged to any Nordics. In terms of Nordics and Arayans and mythology those would be Olympians, and the others would be Titans.
So people from India, and Sri Lanka and China also, all of Titan descent.
Chinese originally Olmecs, and still Titans.

If you examine the point in history, when east met west. That is when those who left South America 2 mya met with those who left South America 13,000 years ago, they met up in Egypt.
And they formed a union, that united upper and lower Egypt.

And they each had their own priests, who were the sandal bearers of the water bringer Gods.
But those Titans, from the East, they had an even older class of Priest as well.
Narmer Palette

So on the right you have your Titans, who came 2 mya across the Pacific originally, and you see they have their sandal bearer for the water bringer Gods with a missile over his head, and you have the other priest there as well, then you have the Olmec standard bearers.
Above the priest behind the Olmecs, above his head is the symbol of cosmic consciousness.
And that is one of the oldest forms of communication and spiritual enlightenment on the planet achieved by meditation.
I could tell you a great deal about those two groups but it would take some time. But the missile you might think oh sure a missile, but no I mean a missile. 2 missiles were fired at the moon from South America, even Hinduism talks about Ramas war with the moon.
But I know the guy who fired em, so I can show you.
This is him here
So here fired 2 missiles he said, but you notice the priests only show one, because only one exploded.
The other was found by NASA unexploded on the far side of the moon.
And that event, became THE basis for mythology and religion from 2 mya onwards. And you can see here in the Victory Stele of Naram-Sin you have the missile as big as a mountain, and two missile exhausts.
In the Narmer Palette you see the missile above the priests head. A sign of power. The cosmic consciousness symbol, would be more like one of wisdom.
As far as eye witness accounts of the event, we have to take what we can get in that regard, so below that image as seen from space, that is Ica Peru, and that is where the Ica stones were found, and one of them contains an eye witness account

Its mythology, but thats all we have that goes back 2 million years. But we have lots of it. But of course it is all, above, top secret.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Why do you worry about the authenticity of the 8th wonder of the world. I have viewed the provided photographs and video clips and whether it is the eighth wonder of the world or not is irrelevant.

I wonder - do you and I suspect many others need to see something written down to believe what you are told? I could not give a tinkers cuss whether the beautiful site we are viewing in this thread is the eighth wonder of the world or not.

I do not give a tinkers cuss whether there is a document or a society that has decreed that Sigiriya is the eighth wonder of the world or not. Can't people just view something beautiful and historic without worrying whether there is a matching document somewhere - use your eyes and all your other senses and work it out for yourself.

To the author of this thread - thank you for a beautiful viewing and interesting historical information. Thank you for your effort it is very appreciated.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Sigiriya

One thing you notice is the similarity to places in South America.

Ramayana

Ramayana was originally written by a sage Valmiki in the Sanskrit language and later on it was translated into other languages in different versions. The main story of the Ramayana is about Lord Rama. In short the Ramayana is about Rama who was born in a royal family and was supposed to be the king, but because of his step- mother, he was forced to exile from his kingdom for fourteen years. During this period his consort Sita was kidnapped by a demon called Ravan, who was the king of Lanka. Rama with the help of his brother, Lakshman, and an army of monkeys under the leadership of Hanuman, rescued Sita.

And he rescued her probably right there at Sigiriya. According to legend.

Now I can't show you a picture of Rama or Atlas as he is known in Greek/Roman mythology, but I can show you Adam's bridge, that the monkey men made, so that he could get to Sri Lanka.
As seen from space
Now don't get all scientific on me, this is mythology remember.

But there is of course lots of legends of that time and how there were cities, and those cities were destroyed, and how they fought with nuclear weapons, and had flying machines called Vimana.

Now you might ask, well if they had flying machines, what the heck would they need a bridge for? To get their elephants across? No, according to legends, they flew in the Vimana too.
link but I think it was meant to be more symbolic. The horses are symbolically the ruling class of Titans and the Elephants something else I am not entirely sure what.
And you see in the Moonstone, the inner ring has horses, to represent the class that was permitted to live closest to the center, and beyond that the elephant class and then the geese or swans whatever they were.

I always approached the subject from Peru, rather than in India, because as you go on, and get further away from the origin, the story seems to get more embellished.
But Sri Lanka was a focal point, of the story of early civilization. At present you have the out of Africa hypothesis, and various other hypothesis, including the quote unquote space faring people's who landed in Peru.
And to be honest, if you look at Peru, with the Nazca lines, all the stuff that is meant to be seen from space, all the space port stuff the Chariots of the Gods stuff, and the above top secret stuff, well it sure looks like, 1) South America was the pre-flood land of the giants. Gilgamesh spoke of Utnapishtim (Noah)being across the sea, well Peru is across the sea. And the stuff that was built in most ancient times certainly looks like it was built by giants. So there is probably a kernel of truth in mythology.

Now then did Atlas go there to rescue Sita? No. His daughter one of the seven sisters was on board the disk with Zeus, and Set, the guy who fired the missiles. So he stowed away on that disk, because his daughter was on it. But then when he landed well, if you really want to hear his side of the story, would you believe it has been put into modern mythological terms, in the form of a covert top secret B rated sci-fi thriller told in innuendo, called, Robinson Crusoe on Mars. Where the story is transplanted to Mars, to protect the innocent.
It shows him with a monkey, that is symbolic of Hanuman, (an AI in the moon) who helped him in India, to um survive and create the black race of men. Who later came out of Africa.
They went through ice ages etc. And if you know most of the mythology you can understand the movie, if not, it is just a funny old sci-fi movie. Fun to watch though. So he was Adam. In biblical terms. Hence why it is called Adam's bridge.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Your theories are wonderfully imaginative but not, I fear, very credible. I'm afraid I shall have to disbelieve you until you substantiate your claims with some facts. The links you're posting don't do that, by the way.

In particular,

And (Rama) rescued (Sita) probably right there at Sigiriya.

There are many places in Sri Lanka where Sita is said to have been held by Ravana, and from which she was rescued by Rama. Most are in the hill country, which was anciently held to be the haunt of demons. Sigiriya is not one of them.

Nowhere in the history or legends of Sigiriya is there any association with Sita. I know this for a fact. So where did you get your information?

edit on 9/2/12 by Astyanax because: of a fact.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by Rocketman7

Your theories are wonderfully imaginative but not, I fear, very credible. I'm afraid I shall have to disbelieve you until you substantiate your claims with some facts. The links you're posting don't do that, by the way.

In particular,

And (Rama) rescued (Sita) probably right there at Sigiriya.

There are many places in Sri Lanka where Sita is said to have been held by Ravana, and from which she was rescued by Rama. Most are in the hill country, which was anciently held to be the haunt of demons. Sigiriya is not one of them.

Nowhere in the history or legends of Sigiriya is there any association with Sita. I know this for a fact. So where did you get your information?

edit on 9/2/12 by Astyanax because: of a fact.

I think you will find that a common theme on ATS. I sent you a private message let me know what you think.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
wow this thread is covered in information!! since I heard of this site I have thought it was very antique going back to innumerable eons my friend that first informed me of it says that originally one entered the site through a now non existent lions mouth!! (between the the paws?)
maybe back in the day it could only be accessed via Vimanah? don't know why I think that

it's gonna take me awhile to sift through all these sites and references

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Since I heard of this site I have thought it was very antique going back to innumerable eons

I don't know about aeons, but 2,300 years at least and probably longer. The appearance of the place – a great fist of rock thrusting up from a flat, once-forested plain – would ensure it always had some significance for people. But little is known about the pre-Sinhalese peoples of Lanka; apart from a few potsherds with fragments of text on them, no records of this era have come down to us.

My friend that first informed me of it says that originally one entered the site through a now non existent lions mouth!! (between the the paws?)

Yes, between the paws. But this is not the entrance to the site; it is actually two-thirds of the way up the rock, on a wide flat shelf. If you look carefully at the first photo in the OP, you will notice, on the left of the rock, an overhanging area. Below it is the shelf on which the lion's head was set, and where the paws still are.

Maybe back in the day it could only be accessed via Vimanah?

No, there was always a well-defined way up the rocks.

edit on 9/2/12 by Astyanax because: of rotten spelling.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I went to Sri Lanka about 9 years ago, on a spur of the moment. I had never heard of Sigiriya until I had been there a couple of days...

I hired a driver and a mini bus to drive me around Sri Lanka, I think the overall cost for the three days with petrol, the driver, 2 nights accommodation and a safari came to about £70, and that was for 2 of us...

A truely wonderful and beautiful, picturesque country that blew me away instantly...

But when I got to Sigiriya and climbed to the top, it was breathtaking. You stand on the top of the rock and all that you can see all around is beautiful natural greenery. Sigiriya is the highest point for miles, the people who lived there all those years ago had a brilliant 360 degree view of everything around them and was impossible capture the kingdom because people could not climb to get to anybody...

I totally recommend you visit this place, the history is marvellous, the scenery blows you away, the food is awesome and the people are so friendly...

A great place for a first hand history lesson...

Book now and go, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze, you'll love it I promise you..........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join