It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello! I'm new and slightly intimidated but excited

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hello! I am very excited to become a member. This seems like a forum with minimal amounts of hate and discrimination so that's pretty amazing for opinionated ladies like me. So have no problem letting everyone know, I am a 25 year old girl from Canada, I read everyday, I watch a little tv, play quite a bit of xbox, and I try to take an interest in new things. I read a large amount of true crime, fiction, and non-fiction books about random things (for example, I just finished a book about American Sideshows, which lead to me watching both seasons of Carnivale). That's about it! I hope I can find some forums that have the same interests as mine

edit on 7-2-2012 by lilmissnoseinabook because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lilmissnoseinabook

Welcome to the madhouse !

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Welcome, I'm sure you'll find plenty of things here to interest you, there's something for everyone.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Stand for what you believe in, and you shouldn't have TOO many problems...

Just remember this: For every person who agrees with you, someone else will try to rip you down. This site will test your resolve until you're weak at the proverbial knees.

Having said that...enjoy your stay.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself. Don't be intimidated, this place is huge, but you'll find your niche fast enough.

Besides we all have our tin foil hats on too tight to be mean to most people

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Welcome, welcome!

Grab yourself a drink and join our table, we have a lot to talk about, it's 2012!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Welcome to the jungle!

ATS is a little intimidating at first. When I first started posting my hands would shake!
Then I got so courageous that I started posting on The Huffington Post, until the answers to my comments came directly to my E-mail! Swcrew That! I'm sticking with ATS!

Cheers, see ya on the boards.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Oh my gosh, please don't be intimidated! Most folks here are friendly and welcoming! I am glad you enjoy reading, cause there is a lot of it to be done here, we get some amazing writers posting some awesome stuff. The range of topics and the level of debate can be extreme at times, but the majority of people are seekers and lovers of all things unusual and out of the mainstream, so as long as that type of thing interests you, you're in the right place.

Greetz!

Mija

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Welcome LMNIAB, the appearance of little hatred etc is down to a majority of free speaking free thinking and respectful members we have here along with the great work the mods do

Enjoy your stay

Wolfie
edit on 7/2/12 by Wolfie_UK because: I saw bigfoot flying a ufo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Welcome, there are only a few intimidating super brainy people on here. It seems many here are drunk. We do have racists and nationalists but are good at tolerating them.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS , enjoy the ride but remember to keep your sense of humor close to hand

Any friend of Fallout is a friend of mine

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Dont be intimidated most people on here are pretty respectful, the terms and conditions ensure a certain level of decency. Enjoy your time

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wow thanks everyone. I didn't expect posts so fast! I just went out for a smoke and came back to a bunch of nice things. I see there's a forum for writers and that excites me greatly. Also I am a HUGE Fallout fan (boarders on obsessive). I am a HUGE fan of the idea of a post- apocalyptic wasteland with people fending for themselves. I'm sure there are others out there that have the same feeling. And this seems like the place that I would find them. Thanks again guys

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Hello!

What kind of conspiracy related topics do you find most interesting?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Welcome aboard!

I like your outfit.

They don't usually allow Canadians here so you might keep that kind of quiet.

Just don't take things too seriously.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IanPaul

I have read quite a few books on the Marilyn Monroe death but my main interests are things that are beyond explainable like the dyatlov pass incident. The weirder...the better

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Lol I don't know whether to take that seriously or not. Is it because we're better at hockey? j/k

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yes, dat and you all got Tim's dare, we got hosed....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Welcome lilmissnoseinabook to a Disney-like Park for Conspiracy Theorist...!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with a bunch of rides, so with that said...

Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret (ATS), the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure that you act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
you will be fine as long as you don't mention Jesus... that is unless you are hating on him, then you will be the most loved and popular one here.

what's really ironic about it is that most who hate him say that he does not exist, but how can you hate something that does not exist?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join