It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did the freemasons start

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
We have a clear case of projection here. HKot clearly has poor reading comprehension skills.

The quotes about the powers of the 33d degree come from the Sovereign Grand Commander of the Supreme Council of the 33d Degree. Who has subsequently gone to meet his maker; then his master. The number 1 big dog king of the hill said, this is how it is. Settles it for me.

The other satanists don't say Masonry is a temple. They say it is a religion in plain clear English. Again, this settles it for me.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
LoL, so because the 33rds said "WE ARE GODS" by your definition, which they aren't even really saying that. It must be so?

The Grand Lodge has ALL power over masonry in its jurisdiction.

This was shown best when the Shriners *then 32s or above* wanted more members and decided they'd remove the masonry requirement altogether, and so the Grand Lodges said, "Fine you can do that but no mason can be a Shriner".

So the Shrine sure fell in line pretty quick. Same with the 33rds, they get all this pomp and circumstance to appreciate their service to Masonry, but until the WM says "will you please take over" he can't do anything.

The WM is master of his lodge. And it doesn't mater if he's a 3rd degree or what, that never changes. And he's elected, usually only for one term, and that term is only 1 year.

So as you can see, there is small worry of 33rd degrees or "above" *lol* taking over masonry.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Your refusal to accept reality does not alter reality:

"According to the Grand General Regulations of the Order, a Sovereign Deputy Grand Inspector
General has complete power over Masonry; for he holds this power from none other than the
Sov.-. Princes of the Royal Secret, and from the Sovereign Commander, through a deliberative
assembly. Besides, this degree is the last of all, and the only absolute one; whence comes the tide
of its assemblies, which are called "Senates of the Sovereign Inspectors General;" and everything
which he does is sanctioned by all the Princes Masons of the Royal Secret, by the Lieutenant and
the Grand Commander. This degree of Deputy Grand Inspector General is known to but few
Masons, because it must be possessed in order for its sublimity to be appreciated; and because
whoever is in possession of it, is bound to take such precautions as that it shall never be known
by Masons of the Inferior Degrees, any more than the Secret Constitutions which he has in his
Register."

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Seems like it take an awefully lot of reading to be a mason. Where do they get time for this crap and get any bricks laid?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
HKoT is correct, as it turns out -- as you'd know if you ever visited any Masonic lodges.

So that's my challenge to you guys -- gird up your fearful loins and do what HKoT and I have done: visit the temples, talk with the Masons.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
"Fearful loins" - you don't know me very well...

Consider this:

If I were a prosecuting attorney, and presented the many quotes I have presented from the Princes & Adepts of Freemasonry, written by their own hand in books they published themselves;

would you want to be the defense attorney?

Of course, the defense attorny doesn't do the time when his client loses.

If you say yes, you obviously haven't read what your fearless leaders wrote.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind being the Defense Attourney, as all I'd have to do is object that the "evidence" is unadmisible in a court of law, it being opinions of a few people and not the Constitutions of Freemasonry.

This is why I consider you with no offense, second to manuer. You must learn man, that you're reading opinions found in books by men who were born about 1000 years AFTER the creation of Freemasonry as it is today, and born about 200 years after Freemasonry's rules were officially written down and adopted by the first Grand Lodge, the Grand Lodge of England.

And because of this, they are not even legitimate sources.

Why is it I tell you the Grand Master is the ONLY power in his Jurisdiction, and you don't listen...that's why you are a fool.

A master can't open his lodge if the lodge charter is not present, not if Morals and Dogma is not present or some other book by some individual.

When will you get it through your thick head, that Masonry has laws, and regulations that pertain to ALL Master Masons, and 33rds are not "above" the Grand Master, or the Worshipful Master.

At any time the Worshipful Master can say, "Get out of my lodge" even if he were a Master Mason and belonged to no appendages.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
"This is why I consider you with no offense, second to manuer."

"fool."

"When will you get it through your thick head,"

The Ad Hominem argument. Attack the arguer, not the argument. When this is done among educated people, the attacker loses the debate.

Your refusal to accept reality does not alter reality.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
LoL I've attacked the argument multiple times and succeded...your persistance means I now must insult you personally.

Your will for something to exist, doesn't make it so.

Why don't you just face it, you read books, I read the masonic constitutions and by-laws.

You read what one oaf says, I read what ALL MASONS MUST ADHERE TO.

Face it, you've lost.

[Edited on 30-4-2003 by HKoT]

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I usually NEVER reply to these types of topics (mainly because I know nothing of the FreeMasons and dont wish to assume anything about them), but I couldnt resist the urge this time.

What if the FreeMasons really arent everything that many people think they are? What if they really arent part of any big conspiracy? Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
They aren't apart of any big "conspiracy" but to think they haven't changed the world is to kid yourself.

Freemasonry's greatest achievement was creating America, too bad America is falling to crap now, it's the lack of Freemasonry in it lol...more masonry anyone?

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well, I never said they didnt change the world. As I mentioned, I know nothing about it so I cant judge.

Maybe Ill do a little research.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Freemasonry was first started in INDIA !!!

QUOTE from link:
A very interesting article about India as the origin of Masonry appeared in The New Age, an official Masonic magazine, for March, 1928. The writer, Denman S. Wagstaff, in outlining what he learned form an Indian Mason in Lahore, says:

"In symbolic fashion and in accord with the science of numbers, the body of a man is figuratively supposed to be a temple with seven stars or openings in the head; and the various other orifices are the Sun and the Moon of the Verat, or the Macrocosm of ancient Philosophers, or man as a part of the Grand Lodge above. The Unity of Brotherhood with the Fatherhood of God has been fully recognized among Hindoo Masons."

Mr. Wagstaff quotes his Indian correspondent as claiming that while Masonry was revived after the Middle Ages in the British Isles, yet it must be conceded that all Masonry came from the East. "Ex Oriente Lux." "While it is admitted that Masonry deteriorated in the East," says the article, "in comparison with the high standard it attained in the West, yet the purity of the original, traced in Sanscrit documents and books, shows how the various ancient charges were taught by the high priests of old in the Upanishads and Puranas . . . ."
END QUOTE

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
All of these guys are wrong!

The answer clearly lies in the ancient records of a relatively unknown myth-fable called 'The Simpsons'.

If you can access these ancient and holy records you will see the amazing history of the 'Stonecutters'!

--sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I am not sure, even after all this time. But i bet it involved exchanging one bodily fluid with another person. Like with the body of Christ, wine maybe ( symbolic of body fluid blood) slurped from a mug.

It's very old, very very old judging by some of the masons i have met. Just because it's a cult, people think they do weird things like stab each other and stuff. But that's just Jiggery pokery.

Outside the lodge, they look surprisingly normal, it's just the clothes which in my opinion, need a makeover.

Keep the conversation light, and don't upset a mason whatever you do.

because they will get you.

Only kidding

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Im pretty sure that the Freemasons where born out of slavery.

When the pyramids were being built 1000's of slaves were employed from all over the place they developed secret handshakes to be able to let the forman (of whatever site they were put to work on) the level of their building skills.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join