It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to build migrant detention camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Authorities have approved the construction of a detention centre for illegal immigrants !!!!!

The report says that this is mostly for African migrants that are somehow being smuggled into israel.

Well Well.

The camp(s) will hold up to 3000 to start, and then expand to capacities of 11000.

Feb 7 01:33 PM US/Eastern -- Breitbart

Israeli planning authorities on Tuesday approved construction of a detention centre for illegal immigrants, at a projected cost of 250 million shekels ($67 million, 51 million euros), the defence ministry said.
The formal authorisation follows a November 2010 cabinet decision to build a facility for mostly African migrants smuggled across Israel's borders but who for legal reasons cannot immediately be deported to their countries.

Tuesday's defence ministry statement said that the new facility to be built in the south of the country would start receiving detainees within the first half of 2012.

It said that it would have an initial capacity of 3,000 people, rising to 11,000 by completion. ...

... According to Israeli government data a total of 16,816 Africans entered Israel illegally from Egypt in 2011.

Israel to build migrant detention camp

The article also mentions walls and barriers being built along some Israeli borders.

Israel is erecting a giant security barrier along its 240-kilometre (150 miles) border with Egypt's Sinai peninsula and plans to put up a similar structure along its 238 kilometre (148 miles) frontier with Jordan.

Work on the Egypt barrier began a year ago, in a project initially aimed at stemming a growing tide of African migrants, as well as clamping down on cross-border trafficking in drugs and women.

Sounds like Israel wants to become a "walled" nation

What's the Attraction to Israel Anyway ??

Undocumented Jobs ? Welfare ?

edit on Feb-07-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
that's ironic. they're the ones illegally in the west bank. i wonder how that's going to work.

didn't the nazi's have detention camps too.

you'd figure that after the holocaust, the israeli's would be sympathetic to the plight of unwanted people.

how long will it be until this turns into their version of gitmo, and it's full of palestinians who are causing trouble, like resisting being bulldozed out of their house.

edit on 7-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I wonder if people living in occupied regions, aka settlements, will be
deemed 'Illegal immigrants'

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'd love to see the list of companies who win the contracts for this project and the nationalities of them. How many of them have ties to US Gov officials who have direct input in to the amount of monetary and/or "humanitarian" aid I$rael gets.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sounds like Israel has the good sense which America is lacking for dealing with the problem head on. When they're done building over there, lets contract them here. Arizona and Texas would probably be very grateful for some additional holding space on the illegal/criminal alien problems we're drowning in here.

In terms of these even having thoughts for Palestinians...that's kinda silly. 3,000 capacity with plans to 11,000? That's trying to catch a monsoon with a thimble if someone actually thinks that capacity could do more than enrage the Palestinians to the point of revolt. Besides....Israel uses real prisons for the Palestinians. The ones in Israeli custody would probably welcome to relatively easy life of a camp occupant.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
One phrase comes to mind ... What goes around comes around , strange how some people only remember what they want to remember the way they want to remember it ...if that makes any sense

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yay.Another Israeli bashing post.
Question:
What is common in following:
Mira Loma Detention Center
Harmondsworth Immigration Removal Centre
Unidade Habitational de Sao Antonio
Detentiecentrum Zeist
Basel City Deportation Prison
and many more
Answer:
Those are immigrant detention centers that are not in Israel.
Isn't it at least a bit hypocritical to bash Israel on something most countries that deal with substantial illegal immigration ,have? Yes it is. But propaganda is above all. Israel is bad because it does what every country does.
Eeeeeeeevil. Genocidalapartheidalmurdering bastards. I wonder why those immigrants do not stay in welcoming countries on the way and go to Israel despite scores being killed by Egyptian border police, though. Masochists....
Look at this site, hypocrites.
www.globaldetentionproject.org...
It got all the countries that have detention centers because to keep people who did nothing wrong in jail is immoral. And letting them in is impossible. So the states build detention centers. Actually it is a shame that Israel is so late behind others, because until now those people were either in jails in special wings or in modified military camps.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Yay.Another Israeli bashing post.

And deservingly so!

You might as well get used to it. As long as Israel remains an illegitimate apartheid state, it will continue to get bashed. Iran is a horrible country they get bashed, so why not Israel? They both have lunatics running the country who deserve to be condemned, even though Israel is a far bigger player on the international terrorism scene while Iran manages to keep it's turmoil within its own borders.

Do you support U.S. style FEMA detention camps in the Middle East's "only democracy"?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Ugh what a bunch of whiners.

Yes, there is already a detention camp. Yes, African refugees who are entering Israel illegally are being detained there, rightfully so. They stay there until all the medical examinations (many of them carry plagues) and paperwork is done, some are granted a visa (depending if they already have relatives in the country), some are expelled automatically. What's so horrifying about it tho?

Just a bunch of whiners whining at a sensationalist post which is supposed to compare Jewish people in concentration camps to African Illegal immigrants being detained.

Let's take a look at how our neighbors, Egypt, treat their African friends...
Firing on them
"Please Egypt, you must stop killing them!"
Egypt can't be bothered with detaining them and having all the examinations done, so they shoot on sight. Nobody crosses, no questions asked. Would all you bleeding hearts feel better if Israeli border patrol officers would've done the same?

Just look at the pitiful way you get all hyped up about anything.

Originally posted by xuenchen
The article also mentions walls and barriers being built along some Israeli borders.

OH WOW! WALLS AND BARRIERS!
Walls and barriers, no sh*t sherlock. It's a detention center.

What's the Attraction to Israel Anyway ??

Undocumented Jobs ? Welfare ?

You'd be surprised how glorious it is to move from a craphole where you wake up to the sound of an AK47 firing your straw-made house, into a democratic country where they can work for month and get an annual salary in the place they came from.

Do they go to Egypt? Nope.
Do they go to Jordan? Nope.
Do they go to Lebanon? Nope.
Do they go to Syria? Nope.

They come here, (even) they know better than most of ATS about which country has it better.

And just because you used such a large font I'll tell you this - You know what other country has it's public running for Israel in hopes of finding a brighter future? Hint: It's one of this board's most idolized country.

...You guessed it, Russia.

Many of them aren't Jewish, they use one of Israel's laws that allows them to come over even if one of their far relatives was partly Jewish. They fit well in society, they even serve in the army, they bring fat paychecks home and use every diploma that was worthless in Russia.

Next time you ask so loudly what is there to look for in Israel you might want to do your own research before hand.

edit on 8-2-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
You might as well get used to it. As long as Israel remains an illegitimate apartheid state, it will continue to get bashed.

Oh. Me and every Israeli are now shaking in our boots.

*yawn*

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Wow. I can't believe this thread isn't getting more attention.

I've been speaking about these internment camps going up in America, especially Florida, for some time now, but they have gotten very little attention, too. The topic of prison privitization also falls within the scope of this.
But, write a thread with the title containing the words 'FEMA Camp' and people flock to it.

They are using the topic of illegals to mask their ultimate goal. These camps are now becoming a global effort.
I'm shaking my head just hearing that Israel has jumped on the bandwagon. Am I surprised? I little bit. My disbelief rests in the media's revealing of these plans though. I just wouldn't have thought this would be discussed by the MSM since they really aren't talking about the ones being built and ready for operation in the US.

Here are some of the threads I have authored in case anyone's interested.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Yep,

Lots of these centers being built.

I wonder if the "owners" are international.

Corrections Corporation of America is a public stock I believe.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

from article:

According to Israeli government data a total of 16,816 Africans entered Israel illegally from Egypt in 2011.

Maybe the article is not accurate.
The "Africans" referred to; do you know if they are "Egyptians" or are they from other nations ?

Originally posted by xuenchen

OH WOW! WALLS AND BARRIERS!
Walls and barriers, no sh*t sherlock. It's a detention center.

The article was talking about walls and barriers at borders with other countries.

from the article:

The formal authorisation follows a November 2010 cabinet decision to build a facility for mostly African migrants smuggled across Israel's borders but who for legal reasons cannot immediately be deported to their countries.

Who is actually doing the smuggling ?
Why can't Israel just close down the tunnels ?

from the article:

According to Israeli government data a total of 16,816 Africans entered Israel illegally from Egypt in 2011.

Egypt can't be bothered with detaining them and having all the examinations done, so they shoot on sight. Nobody crosses, no questions asked. Would all you bleeding hearts feel better if Israeli border patrol officers would've done the same?

This must mean that the immigrant problem is very big if Egypt can't seem to shoot all of them.
If Egypt is shooting (most of) them, the smuggling must be controlled by somebody.

When Israel authorities find medical problems, do they treat the conditions before deportation ?

Also, are there undocumented jobs in Israel ? like in other countries.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm no fan of Israel, but dont most countries have detention centres for illegal immigrants. We have them in the UK.

Here we have one in Scotland being run by the same people who run Gitmo and other American private jails

A firm who run part of the Guantanamo Bay prison camp have won the contract to manage Dungavel immigration removal centre.
The GEO group manage the Guantanamo Bay Migrant Operations Centre, as well as private jails in the US.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I am also no fan of Israel, but what exactly is objectionable about migrant detention camps? Or should they just dump the illegal migrants behind nearest border? Migrant camps are a standard way of dealing with illegal immigration all over the world.

new topics

top topics

join