It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from the MidSouth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thank you for taking a look. I’m InherentDistrust and I’ve been lurking here for some time now. Recently deciding to come into the fray. I don’t openly trust people. Thus it’s a sometimes lonely, but quiet and drama-free.

So here's a bit of what I’m bringing and my topics of interest:

Those noises - Had a night of low, weird noise last year, but haven’t heard it since. Today, there seems to be this pulsating low noise/pressure thing going on. Thought it was something in the house – but I can still hear it outside. Came back to write – It got more intense for a while, but has quieted down. Anyone, in the Memphis area, hear it?

Live near the New Madrid fault. My background was in architecture and a related field. Most of downtown Memphis will crumble IF a large earthquake ever happens. Felt the 4 mag and watched the water slosh back in forth on my desk. Realized on that day that I never wanted to work downtown again. With an interest in earthquakes, I’ve come to respect Puterman, WestCoast, TrueAmerican and Muzzy. Son was fascinated with volcanoes at an early age. Had to do with his dinosaur obsession. Volcanoes are wild. That empty magma chamber in Iceland that was explored was really amazing to see! You think that a volcano on the other side of the world can't affect you, but there is the chance it really can. So I follow those daily.

Anyway, Son diagnosed with dyslexia. It’s fascinating stuff to learn about. Right brain, left-brain, spatial learning, most dyslexics have high IQs and coupled with central auditory processing dysfunction. Son comes from a long line maternal high IQs. I believe that IQ is hereditary; taking out that environment can limit it. I tell my son that the single most important thing that he’s ever going to learn is to READ.

With all my being I believe fluoride, Monsanto, aspartame and BPA plastics should be banned from Earth.

Started my own garden and buy from a local organic farm after reading about Monsanto from ATS. So, thank you. But I have to tell you, life was so much easier when you aren’t aware of reality. Knowledge is power, but are the dumb happier in their ignorance?

I’m fascinated with the sun, sunspots and waiting to see what a true earth directed x-flare could really do to mess things up. With that – I’m not a true “prepper” but am so curious of how we used to live. Actually, how did people used to live without our existing technology? I collect books on depression era, homesteading, gardening, sewing, pioneer living and edible plants/weeds. Just did my first canning this fall with a bushel of apples. Can’t wait for the garden to grow and begin canning so much more. This spring I’ll take range lessons and get my first firearm, since we are still allowed to do that in the US at this time.

As for politics, it is manipulated by corporations. Look at Monsanto – it has its nasty tentacles from the top to bottom of the political realm. Doesn’t matter which party is in office, a corporation will give to both sides to protect their interests. Term limits, abolishing pensions and major campaign reform are needed - IMO.

On paranormal activity – I’ve had just a few incidents. The most fearful one for me was as a child. Each night I would have figures that would come into the room. The mostly were women and children and usually stood at the end of the bed looking at me. The children would usually play in the corner of the room. The final figure I saw was a very large and burly man. He moved up beside the bed, stopped, and bent over with his mouth open. I pulled the covers over my head and cried. From that night on, I always slept with the covers over my head and hoping that they wouldn’t ever touch me. Dad was restationed and we moved.
Recently, both my husband and I were lying in bed reading when there was a distinct voice heard and a faint reply in the top of the corner of the room. Freaked us out. Checked and it wasn’t the kids. I felt like we were being watched and commented on.
Heard it one more time, but it was only one word. I remembered the word for days, but I forgot to write it down. Whatever it was, I obviously wasn’t too impressing.

Religion/Spirituality is very hard to comprehend. I’m in the Bible belt and usually one of the first three questions when someone meets you in the south is “Where do you go to church?” My reply, “I don’t’. I’m your average heathen”. I question religion, not spirituality. At church, when I attempted to assimilate, they all seemed to be going through the motions. So hypocritical, phony and forced. Religion was man’s invention and has been polluted and corrupted. I can easily let go of religion, but I can’t seem to let go of divinity. I don’t have a clear definition, but I believe that there is a supreme to mankind. Oh yeah, that brings up ancient aliens. Yep, believe there was an ancient superior group. Not sure if it was alien, but I’m still open to that.

So that’s me. Curious, Open, yet very Cautious.
ID

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS and thanks for the brilliant intro. Hope to see you on all the boards soon.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...nice intro...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I hope you enjoy your ride here, I know that I am!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thanks so much for the welcomes!

I decided to take my time with the intro, glad you like it.
See you around the boards

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Welcome InherentDistrust

To save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache and frustration, please review the below....

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the 'topic' search words of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with a bunch of rides, so with that said...

Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret (ATS), the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure that you act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

top topics

join