It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Paying Cash For a Cup of Coffee a 'Potential Indicator of Terrorist Activity'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
FBI to DOJ , NSA asked to give info on suspected terrorist that pay with cash, CIA says how can we track them when there is no tracing cash? FED Res says, easy make every one get RFID chip, TSA would be the first to use it , everyone fly's or close to every one, next want IRS return get chip , want health care get Chip, Ebt cards get chip, want job get chip, no one that has chip, they would be your terrorist, problem solved.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been already posted, because I have not scanned every single page of this thread, but here is the link to a list of the FBI's 'Threat Areas' as well as a link to download a zip file with all of the flyers in PDF format.

publicintelligence.net...

Things that will label you as a potential terrorist include: Buying MRE's (meals ready-to-eat), gas masks, ammunition, weather proof matches, wearing a backpack in the mall, paying for almost anything in cash, purchasing a bi pod or tri pod for your rifle, the list goes on and on. And they encourage employees of those stores to write down your license plate number and information about you.

If this isn't a sign of things to come, I must be really out of touch. I find this kind of activity highly disturbing, and I believe this is an attempt to scare those of us who have been trying to prepare for disaster or the collapse of society into submission. They want you to stop preparing, and start falling in line. They want your neighbors and friends to report you because you have guns and ammunition. They would love for store employees to report you for stockpiling food in case of emergencies. Personally, I am not scared.

Recently I wrote lyrics and recorded vocals for an awesome song, and one of my favorite lines was "In death I shall have victory. Because I know that I died for my freedom." I am not a terrorist. I am a peaceful American citizen who is concerned with the safety of his family and friends, and I am willing to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. May God have mercy on us all.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Oh snap - I wonder what they would say about people who actually make coffee at home!

I wonder what they will say about me, I carry a multi-tool/knife with me whenever I leave the house.
Oh no! he has pliers with compound leverage he must be plotting something.

Sad times we live in.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have been considered a potential terrorist because I did not have my birth certificate on mewhen I went to renew my CDL. They would not renew my Hazmat endorsment. Silly red tape.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
LOL!

Thanks for the article,I needed the laugh today.
Well I guess Starbucks will be just thrilled when I cash in my pennies to by coffee next time

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
To say the list goes too far is an understatement.

I seriously do not know anyone who buys ammo and guns with credit cards or from places like Wal-Mart. I think the FBI agents would get laughed at if they showed up to a gun store anywhere and the south and wanted a list of patrons who buy there guns and ammo with cash.

I live on a boat so I routinely stock pile gallons of water, non perishable foods, water proof matches, propane, ect..so I guess I am a potential terrorist too.

That said if anyone from the FBI, NSA, DOJ wants to chat with me about my suspected "terrorist" activities please feel free to U2U me and I will gladly send you my GPS coordinates.
edit on 28-2-2012 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think this article took it to far out of context. First of all, Infowars and Alex Jones is a carbon copy of Sorcha Faal. The website has no credible information. If I want a good laugh and the National Enquirer is out at the grocery store, I read Infowars.

I could write an article too blowing this out of context, but the other way around. I know alot of people are paranoid and like to overexert topics, but use common sense. The FBI would laugh in your face if you told them someone is buying coffee everyday with cash, they are a potential terrorist.

Dont believe me? Sent a letter of email to the FBI asking them about the paying cash indicator.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Oh yeah America's turning into a police state real fast. I had a thread about a small town in California were going to ban smoking outside in your backyard, because one family complained about the poor neighbors.

This is not the same America I grew up in. I feel guilty that I wasn't paying attention to this stuff alot sooner than a decade ago.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So let me get this straight.....you might be a terrorist if:

1. You pay cash for small items like a cup of coffee, instead of having tons of ridiculous charges on your card.

2. You don't want nosy identity theft people stealing your passwords, or reading over your shoulder while surfing the net in public.

3. You go online in places not your home, because, well, you like the coffee, maybe?

4. You actually have internet at home, and still use it other places as well.

5. You don't trust websites that collect your personal data, so you use programs to prevent this.

6. You protect personal data, by coding various items so that a thief can't use them against you if your wallet, etc, is stolen.

7. You are a gamer, and actually chat with your gaming buddies.

8. You are concerned about terrorist threats, and read the news about attacks that happen.

9. You use peroxide to clean small wounds.

10. You paint your nails, and buy polish remover, or you buy it to un-stick superglue, just in case.

Gee, so pretty much everyone is a terrorist now! Then they tell us that these things "do not mean" a person is suspicious. Make up your minds, Fibbies! Is this about suspicious activity, or about you wanting to monitor ALL of us, and complaining about anything you can't track? I suspect the latter.
edit on 1-3-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: forgot a couple...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Wow.

Yesterday I traveled 15 miles to an internet cafe (the closest one), bought a coffee using cash (my bank account is overdrawn), used 2 different cell phones while I was there (one with limited minutes strictly for job searches, other is for family), downloaded the layout of the Atlanta airport (I wanted to know how far I walked the one time I flew), browsed ATS, communicated via a video game (I played Everquest and Castleville!), bought some chemicals (my brother-in-law gets johnson & johnson products half price, used his account to save some money), and watched a video about modifying electronics (how to make a laser pointer pop balloons.)

According to that poster, that makes me a potential terrorist. It's McCarthyism all over again.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
the guide line picture is a double standard ,
seams kinda dumb to first promote awareness then to denounce it at the last lines ,

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I agree with lots of others that this is pretty stupid!!

Who's paranoid???

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join