It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Paying Cash For a Cup of Coffee a 'Potential Indicator of Terrorist Activity'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I've included a second link.
This is all over the web, just google.

Furthermore, the flyer looks pretty real.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wow just wow!!! It use to be a fact that Cash was king!......but now you could be subject to investigation for using it?

This is...... I dont know what this is beyond more tyranny from our government. No wonder there are Preppers living out their lives in privacy!!!

I still like cash and always will. I guess I am on a list somewhere....... I just want to feel free again..but sadly it looks like those days are gone.

great find!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I sure hope you're right.
You personal privacy keeps vanishing by the day.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
why would you use aa caed to pay for something as small as a cup of coffee ?
lots of places in my area have signs if using debit cards a five dollar minimum is required . i pay for all my in person purchases with cash unless they in hundreds of dollars. its justa moronic idea by fbi

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
its been said for a long time now, but nobody listened when the patriot act was first passed because the term terrorist was very loosely defined and people screamed and yelled that it could encompass everyone or the definition be molded to everyone!

But of course, im a paranoid conspiracy theorist who happened to see this coming from a billion miles away. Yet the people who supported it have the mindset if they dont do anything wrong they don't have anything to hide... but how about this people, those of you who can do no wrong can now be deemed as a terrorist suspect. How does that make you feel now that you are being spied on... just for spending cash at an internet cafe. Whats next? If you use cash to buy groceries are you a terrorist? how about fast food, or cash for football, basketball or baseball games? how about using cash to buy toys for your kids/nieces/nephews?

If anyone should be spied on or watched is the government who throws cash around like its a hot potato. not the average joe who just wants to use cash for whatever reason.

Everyone can be defined as a terrorist and they are not even hiding it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't drink coffee, so this doesn't really pertain to me, however, I do shop for the week when I go to the grocery store so I'm still a terrorist in their book.

Dealing with the subject of buying coffee with cash versus debit/credit:
Personally, I don't understand buying a cup of coffee using a debit card when the fee will be more than the coffee itself. You're essentially paying double for that joe. Stupid.

edit on 7-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
They spent so much focusing on what defines a terrorist that they seem to now see them behind every bush and tree, nation wide.

I guess this is what they mean by the old saying 'Paranoia will destroy ya'. Yes, it sure will, won't it? All Al Qaeda or others need do now is make a threat that has any possible way of coming to pass. The U.S. spends billions to counter a fantasy threat and the goal is accomplished without anyone having to physically bother doing anything more than the threat itself.

It's so stupid it'd be funny..if it weren't really happening.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
reply to post by rebellender

I've included a second link.
This is all over the web, just google.

Furthermore, the flyer looks pretty real.

NO SALE its an Infowars original piece...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is ATS. Take half a line out of a couple dozen things that that should be used as checklist before you start calling the FBI and declare that the FBI wants to know who pays cash for coffee. What you all seem to fail to realize is this is the FBI trying rain in all "tips" of "suspicious" activities that they get every day that does nothing but waste time.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
you guys remember the thread about the California town that refused cash for paying utilities to combat underground economy.....I think this is the true cause here to tell the truth

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Just one minor pet peeve: THEIR, not THERE.

Otherwise, carry on.

As for the other user who quipped with federal bureau of idiocy? You're spot on!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well now, just what I have been waiting on.

A list, that tells me what not to do. Now I bet I can get away with anything.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
This is exactly why I pay cash for my coffee...so the government can't track my coffee drinking habits!

This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have heard (well not really...but it's ridiculous)!

It's hard to imagine people are being paid to sit around and dream this crap up!

Jerry here's another idea for your psychology social experiment project. Go to a Starbucks with clipboard, stand at counter, make notation of everyone paying cash. Be very obvious about what you are doing. When, and if, someone questions what you are doing, hand them a small pre-made card notifying them that according to the FBI, they are considered a terrorist. The card will have a copy of the FBI wording on buying coffee with cash.

Wonder what kind of responses you'd get....

Des

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Evidence of a residential based internet provider (comcast/AOL/etc.)
Terrorist/Revolutionary literature.
Preoccupation with press coverage of terrorist attacks.

Funny how being well informed about events around the world and not taking the crap spoon fed by the MSM could potentially flag you.

Its getting a bit creepy. But who cares, they aren't going to go door to door and round people up. I highly doubt anyone will mysteriously disappear.

I find all these acts made by the government to be the funnier than comedy TV.

Do they think they can really put any round up plan into action and foresee anything but complete and utter failure?

Hilarious.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
is the fbi seriously saying that you should use your credit card to purchase a 75 cent cup of coffee.

Fundamental
Bunch of
Idiots.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by jerryznv
This is exactly why I pay cash for my coffee...so the government can't track my coffee drinking habits!

This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have heard (well not really...but it's ridiculous)!

It's hard to imagine people are being paid to sit around and dream this crap up!

Jerry here's another idea for your psychology social experiment project. Go to a Starbucks with clipboard, stand at counter, make notation of everyone paying cash. Be very obvious about what you are doing. When, and if, someone questions what you are doing, hand them a small pre-made card notifying them that according to the FBI, they are considered a terrorist. The card will have a copy of the FBI wording on buying coffee with cash.

Wonder what kind of responses you'd get....

Des

I would love to do that. But impersonating a federal agent is about one of the worst things you could do these days.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
HELLO this is an INFOWARS story original not MSM HELLO!!!!

i will gladly pull this statement when someone proves different!!! HELLO!!!
edit on 7-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
is the fbi seriously saying that you should use your credit card to purchase a 75 cent cup of coffee.

Fundamental
Bunch of
Idiots.

Wait, hold the phone... .75 for coffee? Not around here...

So, I realize this isn't part of the big-picture here, or maybe it is if you consider the privacy issues with smart-phone apps, but most coffee shops have the scanner so people can use the app. on their phone (scans their coffee card) or yes, they will use their debit card.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
NDAA

Who will be the first cash only prisoner without a trial ?

testing 1 - 2 - 3 .......

Bueller....
Bueller ?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by randomname

Fundamental
Bunch of
Idiots.

Wait, hold the phone... .75 for coffee? Not around here...

So, I realize this isn't part of the big-picture here, or maybe it is if you consider the privacy issues with smart-phone apps, but most coffee shops have the scanner so people can use the app. on their phone (scans their coffee card) or yes, they will use their debit card.

Truck stop in Williston N.D. was giving Coffee away over the holidays, otherwise its 63 cents

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join