It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Paying Cash For a Cup of Coffee a 'Potential Indicator of Terrorist Activity'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

FBI: Paying Cash For a Cup of Coffee a 'Potential Indicator of Terrorist Activity'

www.infowars.com

An FBI advisory aimed at Internet Cafe owners instructs businesses to report people who regularly use cash to pay for their coffee as potential terrorists.

The flyer, issued under the FBI’s Communities Against Terrorism (CAT) program, lists examples of “suspicious activity” and then encourages businesses to gather information about individuals and report them to the authorities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sovereignindependent.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Is America a Police State?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yesterday i´ve made a thread about wether or not the US is a police-state.

some thought it was, some thought it wasn't and some thought that the US was well on their way.

well wether or not you are undecided.

this is another step in the right direction.
reminds me of nazi-germany.

spying on your neighbours, friends etc.

what you think ATS?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA:

the flyer that was handed out by the FBI.

edit on 7-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
FBI = Federal bureau of idiocy?

I used to work in a coffee cop, for many, many months the card swipe machine was knackered - we had... thousands of terrorists, I mean customers drinking coffee PAID BY CASH!!!

OH MY GOD!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I have a feeling that everyone on ATS is on that list now

SOOOO yeah you are right POLICE STATE

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

"Travels an illogical distance to use an internet cafe"

"Suspicious communications using VOIP or communicating through a PC video game"

Thanks for Lulz, the US Gov't never ceases to amuse me

edit on 7-2-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
WOW,

Reading that flyer. I think I might be on the no fly list. But, that's OK. I don't go anywhere anyway.
Be nice to get at least one vacation in. And watch, just when I am about to have my vacation, the authorities will be pulling me aside.
It will be just my luck.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeah its pretty crazy but they cant trace paper money, which in there eyes is probably a serious inconvenience to them.

And fast forward a hundred years from paper money will be a thing cavemen used to lure females to there lairs.

So you know, just one of those things really, its either a vast social engineering conspiracy or its just people being a bit stupid. WHO KNOWS???

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh snap - I wonder what they would say about people who actually make coffee at home!

Do people still do that, with Starbucks on every corner?

BTW-
I also noted the line: People who sign onto the internet using Comcast, AOL, etc...
What does the FBI expect from those using the computer at home? Do I misunderstand?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well with that flyer you might as well just turn in every Tom, Dick, and Harry.

That pretty much just sums it up.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Confront me about paying cash for coffee, i dont care who you are.
That would just make me go wild, because of the sheer amount of stupidity involved in it, it would make me go crazeh!

I needs mah coffeez.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i know this can be a laughing matter.

but imho this is pretty darn serious.

don't you see?

everybody is a potential terrorist now.

with the NDAA being passed this doesn't spell much good.

i don't want to spread doom and gloom but seriously come on now....

who DOESN'T pay cash for coffee at least once in a while?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is exactly why I pay cash for my coffee...so the government can't track my coffee drinking habits!

This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have heard (well not really...but it's ridiculous)!

It's hard to imagine people are being paid to sit around and dream this crap up!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They missed off the bit about digging up Marylin Munroe

This was aired on UK TV last night when they had the young couple on the show to share their experience. Everybody thought USA authorities had gone way over the top and have simply lost the plot.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Maybe they are concerned with underground economy...either way its looking more like the IRON CURTAIN every day. Those of you born after say 1980 might need to Wiki "Iron Curtain"

ADDED:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

hold the phone (another old guy comment pre 1980's)

This comes from Alex Jones do we have anything else other than his fear mongering mass hysteria to kind of firm up the position a little?

somebody please tell me the difference between Alex Jones, Nancy Lieder and Harold Camping
edit on 7-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
For the record it says nothing about people paying for coffee in cash.

I think the cash part refers to people always paying cash to use the computers. To say that people should be watched and reported for paying cash for coffee is a bit of stretch.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So in plain English what the FBI is saying, is that if you pay by cash, you are a terrorist. But, if you pay by CC, then you a non-potential threat.
I still can't stop laughing about the craziness of the coffee.

Imagine you waiting in line for a coffee and the whole store has all their FBI agents, and just when you're about to pay, the FBI holds up the place and busts the poor person, person goes insane because they haven't had that coffee fix yet, and the FBI will call it a justifiable shooting. Poor guy. I can just see happening now.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
For the record it says nothing about people paying for coffee in cash.

I think the cash part refers to people always paying cash to use the computers. To say that people should be watched and reported for paying cash for coffee is a bit of stretch.

... who regularly use cash to pay for their coffee...

www.infowars.com...

Says it in the link...so hmmm???
edit on 7-2-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
i know this can be a laughing matter.

but imho this is pretty darn serious.

don't you see?

everybody is a potential terrorist now.

with the NDAA being passed this doesn't spell much good.

i don't want to spread doom and gloom but seriously come on now....

who DOESN'T pay cash for coffee at least once in a while?

So? Let the push the envelope. Everyone makes it seems as if some sort of mass arrests are going to happen, they wont. There are a lot of individuals ready and prepared to fight the government if need be. the signing of NDAA just made the sign up list for militias grows ten fold.

Let them do what they want, the more they push, the more people will push back. Its going to be a fun year i think, the second they start trying to disarm and imprison civilians for no reason, then there will be hell to pay. And i hope the police choose the right side of the fight, because they are the ones in the wrong in such a situation. But they are also the ones that need to support their families, just doing their jobs.

The global collapse will change everything.
There are the oathkeepers
There are the militias
There are the survivalists
There are the freedom fighters

We definitely are not alone, They will try, and fail. They are scared, and are on their last leg, trying to maintain control of the masses that have so long been covered in the veil. Its going to be fun to see. I predict a truth drop like no other, something that snaps awareness in an instant.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The whole thing is designed to get federal money.

All these studies and recommendations are not free.

Contractors and consultants and law firms get paid big to come up with this mania.

Any normal business person knows that it's impossible to know if someone pays cash and has traveled a long distance, yet it is actually in the guidebooks

The real terrorists are the psychopaths that design these plans.

But we (the suckers) get rooked and fleeced every time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join