It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slaughter in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
As the world talks about how to respond to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's bloody crackdown on the uprising in his country, opposition activists in the country say his military and security services are engaged in a vicious campaign of destruction meant to wipe out the opposition.
Where official images depict a cheering crowd waving Syrian and Russian flags during a visit from the Russian foreign minister, opposition video shows crowds running through the streets in terror from explosions that blacken and bloody the streets.

www.aljazeera.com...
edit on 7-2-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Can you not just add to your previous MASSACRE IN SYRIA thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or did you really want to start ANOTHER bickering match.
I guess you did provide a new "report"

I love the kids poster in English stating "If you do not help us, we will be killed".

I hate to let let him down but with "help" his chances of survival are going to be less.....

As was posted in the other thread. This actual Arab league Mission report brings to light more than ANY msm news report would.

25. On being assigned to their zones and starting work, the observers witnessed acts of violence perpetrated by Government forces and an exchange of gunfire with armed elements in Homs and Hama. As a result of the Mission’s insistence on a complete end to violence and the withdrawal of Army vehicles and equipment, this problem has receded. The most recent reports of the Mission point to a considerable calming of the situation and restraint on the part of those forces.

26. In Homs and Dera‘a, the Mission observed armed groups committing acts of violence against Government forces, resulting in death and injury among their ranks. In certain situations, Government forces responded to attacks against their personnel with force. The observers noted that some of the armed groups were using flares and armour-piercing projectiles.

Both sides are to blame. However according to actual observers on the ground, some situations are calming as Western MSM try to prove its escalating

edit on 7-2-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
Can you not just add to your previous MASSACRE IN SYRIA thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or did you really want to start ANOTHER bickering match.
I guess you did provide a new "report"

I love the kids poster in English stating "If you do not help us, we will be killed".

I hate to let let him down but with "help" his chances of survival are going to be less.....

He even used a comma.. Ridiculous and embarrassing US Propaganda!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

They even used red&blue.

They take no chances huh?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

here you go changed the link for you to al jazeera. try reading a bit

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evansr
reply to post by Hellas

They even used red&blue.

They take no chances huh?

Lol exactly!! With emphasis of KILLED!
But to be honest they do speak to a very deceivable crowd.. So why not give it a try, huh?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Good to see Assad doing his bit fighting The War on Terror. I was never really sure if Syria would help us with that one, but it seems like they have finaly gotten there act together and most definitely with us, certainly not against us.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

www.aljazeera.com...

Al-Jazeera, that is subsidiary of Al-Qaida, which is a subsidiary of CIA ...

No wonder, that you use the Avatar of a Vampire.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

www.aljazeera.com...

Al jazeera is based in Qatar and has admitted to sending troops to Libya to help topple Qaddafi. Hardly an unbiased news source, and has lost much credit due to this fact. I used to read their blog daily until it was blatantly obvious how biased their reporting is.
source

I do read, quite a bit, and the writing is on the wall for all who wish to truly get an idea of whats going on.
I do not support the mas killings of unarmed protesters but as shown in the Arab leagues report, these are not mere 'protesters' as Al Jazeera and the likes try to tell us. They are armed gangs that are ALSO targeting civilians, infrastructure, and oil and gas lines. This is a tragedy, but it is an internal issues and should be dealt with INTERNALLY.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Some say evidence may exist that points to outside influences.

They say the Syrian "government" troops are actually foreign agents doing the killing.

People think someone wants Assad out of power.

The outsiders are being supplied with uniforms and I.D.'s that make them appear to be Syrian army.

Who could be doing this ?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Some say evidence may exist that points to outside influences.

They say the Syrian "government" troops are actually foreign agents doing the killing.

People think someone wants Assad out of power.

The outsiders are being supplied with uniforms and I.D.'s that make them appear to be Syrian army.

Who could be doing this ?

People who say that are panoid lunatics and know nothing of the Syrian people. Do you know what would end an uprising over night? Send in foreign troops pretending to be Syrians. The Syrian people are not idiots just because you put someone in a uniform they can tell if its one of thier own. Just like if a bunch of French and Poles showed up pretending to be US Army deserters nobody would buy it. Notice not even the Russians or Chinese deny they slaughtering thier own people they only disagree on how to stop it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Even Assad and the russians are admitting there is a lot of violence in Syria. So how ignorant can people be?

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

Even Assad and the russians are admitting there is a lot of violence in Syria. So how ignorant can people be?

www.aljazeera.com...

Yes, there is a lot of violence in Syria right now, but the government isn't solely to blame.

27. In Homs, Idlib and Hama, the Observer Mission witnessed acts of violence being committed against Government forces and civilians that resulted in several deaths and injuries. Examples of those acts include the bombing of a civilian bus, killing eight persons and injuring others, including women and children, and the bombing of a train carrying diesel oil. In another incident in Homs, a police bus was blown up, killing two police officers. A fuel pipeline and some small bridges were also bombed.

28. The Mission noted that many parties falsely reported that explosions or violence had occurred in several locations. When the observers went to those locations, they found that those reports were unfounded.

29. The Mission also noted that, according to its teams in the field, the media exaggerated the nature of the incidents and the number of persons killed in incidents and protests in certain towns.

Russia and China are supporting the Arab League's own findings. They have the most on the ground observers in the most locations providing truly unbiased reports on events.

The last segment from that Al Jazeera article you posted is blatant anti Syrian Government propaganda from Turkey.

In another Syria-related development, Turkey said it was preparing a new initiative to end the country's bloodshed. Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the Turkish prime minister, said on Tuesday that the initiative would involve countries that stood by the people and not the Assad government.

If they stood by the people they would be in favor of the Government because recent reports have him at 55% approval (higher than the US's i might add)

Syrian authorities, who have denied shooting at homes, said security forces killed "tens of terrorists" in Homs on Monday morning. An interior ministry statement said six members of the security forces were killed in the clashes.

Syrian state television has accused "armed gangs" of being behind the latest violence in Homs.

Especially that last line. The state tv is relaying the findings from the Arab League's own report. It is not some construed story from the Syrian Government as this line insinuates.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

what are you talking about?
Asad and his father have been dictators in syria for more then 60 years. dont they deserve freedom?

how ignorant can people be???

new topics

top topics

join