It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why were the Russians quiet for a week in lake vostok? Nazis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Why were the Russians quiet for a week in lake vostok? Nazis

www.dai lymail.co.uk

Drilling successful as scientists break through into lake buried miles under Antarctic ice

Lake could have 'unique life forms' say scientists

News agency claims that hidden Nazi stronghold nearby could contain Hitler's archives

Described as 'unassailable fortress for the Fuhrer' - and could contain Hitler and Eva Braun's remains, says agency

Lake has had no contact with man-made pollutants or Earthly life forms for millions of years
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rt.com
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well, I figured eventually the nazi connection would come to light. I thought it would be more likely to come from members here on ATS. However the Dailey Mail seems to be picking up and reporting on the nazi connection.

This whole ordeal just got 100x more interesting, IMO.

Not that the lake vostok issue wasnt amazing enough to begin with.

After reading the article, it is apparent that the Russians are taking the whole nazi connection very seriously. I believe this certainly explain the week of secrecy down there. Events of this magnitude are always used to political purposes.

www.dai lymail.co.uk

Russian Times Article

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/7/2012 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
the supposed nazi base is miles away from vostok. and hitler died in argentina surrounded by his children.

oh, and the daily mail is to uk newsworthyness like the national enquirer is a serious publication.
edit on 7-2-2012 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Congrats on one of the more amusing thread titles of late.

I am picturing shivering Nazis...or maybe in suspended animation??

Honestly, Lake Vostok is interesting enough on its own, without this added fantasy. To infer that the Nazis, with 1930s to 1940s-era technology established some secret "presence"on Antarctica, and have been completely unobserved since then? Makings for a very bad science fiction film script, possibly......

Speaking of science fiction......there was a similar tie-in to a Star Trek film ("First Contact") that had the evil alien Borg ("You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile") in the plot, along with some time travel.....so the Borg ship was destroyed, and crashed to Earth in the Arctic (circa sometime in the 21st century), only to then be "discovered" later in the 22nd century, as a plot element of a TV show spin-off called "Star Trek: Enterprise".

Creativity in Hollywood is sparse, of late.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
the supposed nazi base is miles away from vostok. and hitler died in argentina surrounded by his children.

oh, and the daily mail is to uk newsworthyness like the national enquirer is a serious publication.
edit on 7-2-2012 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)
Hitler died in argentina? were did you read that?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

thought it was Berlin, killed himself and family in his bunker the last I heard!

edit on 7-2-2012 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That particular place in the world is so hot in the news now that whole situation might melt down soon ;].

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
contadict itself that aricle snippet saying nazi's stuff there then saying it hasent had contact with humanity for millions of years

edit on 7-2-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wouldn't that be something. If this is true, Hitler must be crazier then previously thought. Or maybe he knew something we didn't.
edit on 7-2-2012 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
just when i got over the recent bad clown thing, i now have to deal with nightmares about nazi yeti

I heard that the base was never found, now they say it is and near but no more details, is a little fishy

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, we knew it was either going to be dinosaurs, aliens, time travelers, the nwo or the Nazis.
Here were my calculated odds...

time travelers - 1 in 1,000
dinos - 1 in 100
aliens - 1 in 50
nwo - 1 in 20
nazis - 1 in 2

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I know I'm not the only one who's thinking The Thing. This whole Vostok thing is starting to sound like the exact plot of that movie. Pretty soon Kurt Russell's going to be the only one left alive on Antarctica.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Has everyone forgot about the mysterious metallic substance that is on one side of the lake apparently the NSA took control of that area. Maybe why the Nazis had an interest in the area, they did love hunting for artifacts!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I also think its BS but didn't he have a very strong U-boat network in South America? Might be why the FBI thought it was worthy of an investigation!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller

thought it was Berlin, killed himself and family in his bunker the last I heard!

edit on 7-2-2012 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

nope, the bit of skull that had originally been supposedly hitlers skull was recently dna tested and found to be a female.
news.bbc.co.uk...

plus the fbi link that someone else thoughtfully posted tells about hitler being in argentina afterwards. i've seen other material that tells of his escape to argentina too.

the supposed nazi base is roughly supposed to be northeast and on the coastal bit from vostok, miles and miles away.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Instead of rousing the spirits of long dead Nazis I'd be more worried about waking the dread Cthulhu or some other long forgotten horror from beyond the pale of human history.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Why do you say the Dailey Mail is not credible? Im not from the UK and I only ever see the random link posted to them online. From my own experience, they seem to be fairly credible. They may like to add some sensation to their stories (which agency doesnt?). But they were quoting Russian personnel who seemed to believe the whole nazi connection.

But back to my point, what do you know that i don't that damages their credibility??

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

The sub-glacial lake ecosystem is thought to have been untouched for 20 million years.

The supposed nazi connection is supposedly somewhere in the vicinity of lake vostok.

Thats my understanding of the situation.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

Why do you say the Dailey Mail is not credible? Im not from the UK and I only ever see the random link posted to them online. From my own experience, they seem to be fairly credible. They may like to add some sensation to their stories (which agency doesnt?). But they were quoting Russian personnel who seemed to believe the whole nazi connection.

But back to my point, what do you know that i don't that damages their credibility??

I am in the UK, and over here it's more popular name is "the daily fail", because it's sensationalist, generally rubbish, and frequently makes stuff up. granted this is like a lot of msm out there but that doesn't make it credible.

i also see a lot of links to the daily mail on this site and whenever i see them i die a little inside. the daily mail (along with the disgraced news of the world and the sun) is just a rubbish paper comparable to your (if you're in the usa?) national enquirerer.

if you look at the rant section of ats you'll see plenty of other people have remarked on this already, that's because over here the mail is regarded as a pointless waste of paper. the only reason it has popularity in the usa is because it has a lot of celebrity news (yawn).

the telegraph and guardian are generally regarded as much more of a credible source, although not perfect they're miles and miles above the tawdry, disgraceful piece of rubbish that calls itself the daily mail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join