It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats to continue Internet coup with new cyber bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Senate majority leader Harry Reid (D-NV) is apparently pressing a new cybersecurity bill.

The bill is aimed at expanding the Exutive Branche's list of powers.

Although the details are being kept "secret", it looks like this one is even more powerful than Obama's last effort.

Reports of closed door meetings and much whispering promises to make this argument a real duzzie.

Published: 10:54 PM 02/06/2012 | Updated: 12:03 AM 02/07/2012 -- Daily Caller

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, following a recent anti-piracy legislative debacle with SOPA and PIPA, will lead his second effort of 2012 to push Internet-regulating legislation, this time in the form of a new cybersecurity bill. The expected bill is the latest attempt by the Democrats to broadly expand the authority of executive branch agencies over the Internet.

Details about the bill remain shrouded in secrecy. Clues available to the public suggest that the bill might be stronger than President Barack Obama’s cybersecurity proposal, which was released in May 2011. Reid said that he would bring the bill — expected to come out of the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, chaired by Connecticut independent Sen. Joe Lieberman — to the floor during the first Senate work period of 2012.

A classified meeting behind closed doors in October 2011 between key Senate committee leaders with jurisdiction over cybersecurity and White House officials, took place at the request of the Obama administration. Lieberman, in an interview with The Hill in October, said that past Senate cybersecurity bills were considerably stronger than the White House proposal......

new cybersecurity bill

We shall find out WHO is behind this door

They Just Won't Quit With the Control-Everything Agenda !!

Remember - It's for National Security !!

edit on Feb-07-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

this is just the beginning.

we better HOPE the world as we know it ends in 2012, because if it doesn't, be prepared to be a slave to the USA for the rest of your life...

one by one they are taking our freedoms away.

i really hope the world doesn't end in 2012, but even if it doesn't, we are still totally doomed.

why did our country have to get like this.

years of progress and fighting for freedom, sticking it to the man because we wouldn't take it anymore.

hey teachers. politics. mr.president, please. leave us kids alone.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This shows that Mr Reid would be a much better thinker with a chunk of lead in his head.. He is clearly one of the biggest threats to America today.. I'm really at my limit of these sob's

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The question is WHO is not behind that door? Obviously the absence of common man when they have these closed door meetings. Too many skeletons in the closet. Yet people tend to turn the blind eye.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Not really telling what the hell is going on with this bill..so I can't comment on it for now.
The only thing that annoys me is this line so far:

Reid favors an approach that would expand DHS authority beyond currently regulated “critical infrastructure,” such as utilities and financial institutions, to also include Internet service providers and private networks.

the dhs has already been expanded long ago to include internet crimes, and has been moving into drugs.

The discussion in the article btw is aiming at cyber attacks and security against...so not sure where the linking is between what went on with sopa/pipa and this..I seemed to have missed some critical element I guess showing how cyber attacking = taking down youtube (to dumb things down a bit). However, no doubt there is lots of spin going on from ops and the neocon story...so I may be right in seeing no link here

But anyhow, back to my fist shaking at the dhs. this monster needs to be put back in its 2001 cage...it has been growing in power ever since its inception. It is designed for a specific purpose..to secure the homeland from terrorist threats...and terrorist is those whom use violence or threats of violence to make people fear in order to further a political or religious agenda. Not what your neighbor is doing by hacking pepsi's website or anything else that will no doubt be broadly placed on this. We all ready have agencys and rules in place for such things.

But ya..the article has said little more than some senators went into a meeting one day...no use in speculating what went on. if and when a bill is presented, then its time to discuss its merits and flaws.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

The question is WHO is not behind that door? Obviously the absence of common man when they have these closed door meetings. Too many skeletons in the closet. Yet people tend to turn the blind eye.

When doors are open, people pose for the camera. when doors are closed, they actually do their job.
no win situation..politicians are incapable of being real when a camera is on them.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

this is just the beginning.

we better HOPE the world as we know it ends in 2012, because if it doesn't, be prepared to be a slave to the USA for the rest of your life...

It could be the beginning of the end.

These maniacs will not let go of this.

Just like a gila monster.

There is big money in the "enforcements".

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
This shows that Mr Reid would be a much better thinker with a chunk of lead in his head.. He is clearly one of the biggest threats to America today.. I'm really at my limit of these sob's

Not easy to get that done !

He has a head of solid rock

His scars from his lobotomy have crusted over.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

when doors are closed, they actually do their job.

Really? I was in the impression that a bunch of suits sit around a huge table eat h'orderves, drink wine, and conspire on how to take over the world...If that is their job then we are in a for a rude awakening.

new topics

top topics

join