It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

February 7th Primaries/Caucuses ( MN, CO, MO )

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yeah Rick Santorum for President!!

I can see his speech now, "I am for the sanctity of life as long as your not Muslim"

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

it keeps the potential delegates out of Romney's and Gingrich's camp. Santorum was in last place. Paul is coming in second and third and will receive a good amount of delegates too. Colorado isnt even out yet and Missouri was a straw poll (primary - No delegates were awarded yet.)

I would of a preferred a win for Paul but the second best thing is happening so far...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I can understand your opinion, but I personally have a problem with Santorum's willingness to let his social/religious beliefs trump constitutionality and personal liberties.

Let's also not forget that he was a lobbyist, which bothers me and his flip-flopping on the earmark issue.

edit on 7-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Very good point. That is certainly one way to look at it.
edit on 7-2-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Don't forget that half of Florida's delegates may be stripped from Romney and given to Gingrich. That issue is still ongoing, but it will surely level the field out a lot more.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
NBC about 10 minutes ago project Santorum the winner in Minnesota. OH NO a Link!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Colorado Results (7% reporting 9:58p)
Santorum 50%
Gingrich 21%
Romney 19%
Paul 10%

Minnesota Results (28% reporting 10:24p)
Santorum 45.3% (Projected Winner)
Paul 26.3%
Romney 17.4%
Gingrich 11.4%

Missouri Primary Results (70.0% reporting 10:22p)
Santorum 55.2% (Projected Winner)
Romney 25.1%
Paul 11.9%

Crazy night. If Romney takes 3rd in both MN and CO

edit on 7-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Don't forget that half of Florida's delegates may be stripped from Romney and given to Gingrich. That issue is still ongoing, but it will surely level the field out a lot more.

That is part of why I been saying the delegate count being pushed on all MSM outlets is just silly. That is fraud because they report it as fact and the fact is that it is a projection. Florida has been in limbo with Gingrich contesting and Iowa delegates are not assigned to anyone.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Crazy night. If Romney takes 3rd in both MN and CO

It will be a sign from the gods that there is hope! Let these goons battle back and forth and lets take it to the convention!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Yeah thats what I was looking at before. Even in Minnesota his 3rd place finish puts him behind by Paul by almost a full 10% which I dont think anyone really say coming after Nevada.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by MrWendal

it keeps the potential delegates out of Romney's and Gingrich's camp. Santorum was in last place. Paul is coming in second and third and will receive a good amount of delegates too. Colorado isnt even out yet and Missouri was a straw poll (primary - No delegates were awarded yet.)

I would of a preferred a win for Paul but the second best thing is happening so far...

I have heard some talk tonight that Santorum winning is good for Romney. At first I kind of thought they were crazy...but they made a good point. If Santorum would drop out...most of his support probably goes to Gingrich and it becomes a very close race between Romney and Gingrich.

And I know some Paul supporters want to get it down to Romney and Paul...but I still think Paul's best chance is a 4 man race. It splits the votes so many ways and his base is solid...it's not going to split.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So it looks like Santorum is heading into second place, Paul is.... back in third place... but atleast he's overtaking Gingrich thanks to Gingrich's flop over not getting onto the ballot. Romney will probably remain first thanks to his win in Florida.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am really looking forward to Romney's speech tonight.

First time this election he will have to deliver a speech after losing where he didn't expect to lose so badly.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

So far:

Mitt Romney has won 2 States
Santorum has won 3 States
Gingrich has won one State

Colorado is still tallying, it's looking like it's between Mitt and Rick...

Ron Paul? 0 States. He came second in New Hampshire and Minnisota.

I'm still not seeing any deal breakers for Paul come Tampa.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Did I just watch a scene from a movie? Or did Santorum REALLY have that speech?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
ABC Breaking News projects that Santorum wins MN and MO.
Yay for Ron Paul. Second place in MN!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spire

I don't know if I am having the same reaction as you...but Santorum can't deliver a speech.

The content wasn't bad...but he is so flat and he doesn't deliver well.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

What's going on with Colorado...seems they have hit a wall in reporting results.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by spire

I don't know if I am having the same reaction as you...but Santorum can't deliver a speech.

The content wasn't bad...but he is so flat and he doesn't deliver well.

Oh I wasn't saying he did a good speech, the speech was utterly bad

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Yea I guess there is some delay. I believe Mitt will take colorado, just barely.

Santorum makes me sick, he really does. People have really short memories of where Santorum was during the Bush administration, but hey, I guess these are the same votes coming out who supported Bush, twice.

Seriously, Santorum and Gingrich? People don't lear at all. Mitt is bad, but these guys, they are as GOP establishment as they come.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join